EPL Round 3 - August 27, 2006 - Blackburn v. Chelsea FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Aug 24, 2006.

1. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4:00 PM GMT
    11:00 AM EDT

US TV: Live FSC
    UK TV: Live Sky Sports 1
    CN TV: Live FSWC

Chelsea FC 1-0-1, 3 PTS, 7th Place (-3)
    Blackburn 0-1-1, 1 PT, 16th Place (-5)

Tickets-Currently on sale to season ticket holders & members

Live on Big Blue

ChelseaFC.com

News on Soccernet

TEAMtalk-Chelsea

BBC-Chelsea

Latest Chelsea News From Google

Other Fixtures - US TV

Saturday, August 26, 2006

07:45 ET Liverpool v West Ham Live Setanta
    10:00 ET Charlton v Bolton SDD 5PM Setanta
    10:00 ET Fulham v Sheff Utd
    10:00 ET Tottenham v Everton Live FSC
    10:00 ET Watford v Man Utd Live Setanta
    10:00 ET Wigan v Reading SDD 2:15 FSC
    12:15 ET Man City v Arsenal Live FSC

Sunday, August 27, 2006

09:00 ET Aston Villa v Newcastle Live Setanta

Monday, August 28, 2006

3:00 ET Middlesbrough v Portsmouth Live & SDD 8PM FSC

2. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have changed my avatar back to the badge. 1 match with the kit top and a disappointing second half and loss.

Go On Chelsea!

3. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Ferreia and Kalou OUT

CANNIBAL and Ballack IN

2-0 to the Chels

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2-1 with a few bloody jersys.

5. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BRING IT!!

6. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Ferreira, Makelele, Kalou out

Boulahrouz, Ballack, SWP in

2-0, Boulahrouz gives a smashing debut.

7. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    I never predict Chelsea results so I am just going to say....I hope and pray we win this game......just like all of them of course, but this one is vital we win, and get back into the habit of winning.

Mourinho looked absolutely pissed off in an interview he gave to CTV so hopefully he puts them right.

:D

8. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    Schevchenko should not start this match, and if he start, he should not allowed to score goal cuz every time he did it, we ended up losing :mad: :D

9. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    he definately should start,he's doing his job just fine bud,he rest of the lads should take note ;)

10. Middle Of The Shed

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Some surprises are expected in the squad on Sunday, well that's what Neil Barnett says. But he wouldn't let on to what kind of people will be in the squad or any changes etc.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It'll all depend on who's fit.

Ideally, I would put this out myself.

Cech

Boula - Terry - Gallas - Bridge

Geremi - Ballack - Essien - Robben

Drogba - Shevchenko.

12. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Geremi in the midfield you reckon?

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yep.

We're crying...nay, screaming...out, for somebody to actually do something down the right.

14. Middle Of The Shed

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Now that would be near enough perfect, I think Robben picked up a hamstring injury though, so that could be a while. J Cole seems to be back in training so we might see a bit of him on Sunday.
    I'm guessing that this whole Gallas and Cole thing should be sorted (or we'll have a better idea) over the next few days, can't see Jose wanting it to go to the last day to get sorted leaving the squad even more unsettled.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ah, pity that about Robben then.
    Still, Cole would be ideal too.

I would play Gallas regardless of the situation.
    He's a professional footballer, has never shown anything but total commitment when selected.

Play him if he's still a contracted chelsea player.

16. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Totally agree with the dropping of Lamps. He just looks a shell of his former self. Ballack and Mikel were bought to really push him, and as neither has played thus far, he's still coasting, as is Ferreira. I'm thinking we should return to the 4-4-2.

Geremi.....Boulahrouz....Terry.....Bridge

SWP......Ballack......Essien.......Cole

.........Sheva..........Drogba.........

Ideally I would love to see a diamond midfield of

..................Ballack.....................

SWP....................................Essien

...................Joe Cole....................

or

..................Ballack.....................

Essien....................................Mikel

...................Joe Cole....................

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive been without internet for 2 weeks, so excuse this if it has been discussed, but I see people putting Boula in at RB, didnt know he can play there? And I know this might be better suited for the transfer thread, but with my slow connection I dont want to search the threads from when we signed him.

Can someone break him down for me(size, speed, abilities, weaknesses, etc?), Id appreciate it.

Finally got to see the first two games, been mightly impresses with Bridge and Essien and very disappointed with SWP and Paulo.

It was also interesting to see all 3 of Diarra, Mikel, and Essien on the field at the same time against mancity.

Has Kalou already taken SWP's spot? How nice is Shevchenko's touch? For this weekend Id like to see:

Geremi-------------Carvalho----Terry-----------Bridge

---------------------Maka

-------------Essien---------Lampard

-----Sheva-----------Drogba---------Kalou

That's if Robben and COle and Ballack all still cannot go. Also, how long until Essien takes Maka's spot for good? I know he isnt a true destroyer like Makelele, but he is pretty phenomenal at what he does. I for one would rather play a team where one guy doesnt just sit in front of the defense all the time. It is effective, but I enjoy our style with Makelele on the bench sometimes.

18. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry but this just has the feel of The Tinkerman in this line-up. I dont think we'd be wanting to field a completely overhauled team against an outfit like Blackburn. Bring in Boula or even Geremi at RB but we should have either Maka or Essien as DM.

19. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On Boulahrouz:

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=411525&m=8&y=2006&nav=news&sub=latest+news
    http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=411390&m=8&y=2006&nav=news&sub=latest+news

He's about 6'0''. quick, excellent man-marker, tough tackler, with a good reading of the game.

Kalou has shown some good touches, but is not ready for a starting berth. Sheva is class. He is on a whole different level than all of our attackers. I really wouldn't like to see Makelele and Essien in the same midfield, I think Makelele really doesn't allow Essien to play his all-action game. At times in the Middlesborough game Essien didn't know what his role was, still he managed to play well. Lamps has been off form, and really has been invisible. He should be the main creator on the field creating chances and making passes for the forwards. Yet, it was Sheva and Bridge who were the creative outlets. We need someone to play alongside Essien who can control the tempo. Ballack is the perfect choice. I say drop Lamps for a game and see how it works out.

20. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Which one the diamond or the top formation? The diamond is something that I would really wish to see, but as you said its not going to happen. That said, I don't think Makelele and Essien should play the same formation. If Cole is fit and Robben regains fitness then we should play the flat 4-4-2 with Robben on the left and Joe Cole on the right. Essien should stay in the middle and if Ballack is fit, I think he should come on for Lampard.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? If Robben and Cole aren't fit he especially should start, and right now Id rather see him in there than Wright-Phillips. The kid is talented and plays with confidence. And that Diamond formation just isnt my favorite.

22. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He has lots of talent, but he really isn't a pure winger more of a second-forward. He wasn't ready for the pace of the Prem, at least not yet. I think he should definitley come of the bench though. SWP needs confidence and he looked lively near the end of the Middlesborough game. He just needs to cross more.

23. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The diamond. I think it would be a waste to put Ballack at that point of the diamond. I am for the 442 though with Ballack coming in for Lampard and Essien keeping guard.

24. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah the diamond is a bit much. But Ballack is good at that deep lying playmaker role that Pirlo and Alonso play. His long passing is brilliant. Another worry of mine is how we'll deal with Jason Roberts and Benni McCarthy, considering we had so much trouble with just Yakubu. Both guys are strong, athletic, fast, with Benni having the better technique. Terry looked injured and Carvahlo looked apprehensive yesterday. I wish Gallas and Boulahrouz would get a run out, but it won't happen.

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just think the team needs to get fit and gel, not change everytime someone has an off game, it's August, it will take some time.