EPL Officially to NBC

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by southboound24, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Seems like a pretty easy choice: Bournemouth v Villa.

I mean, I get the Tim Howard angle but they'll be plenty of chances to show him at 10:00 ET on a Saturday this season. :rolleyes:

2. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    That's my only (tiny) grievance with them. They wait until the week of to announce their 10 am pick every week. Sucks for when I go on vacation and don't know what channel my club will be on.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    "Tiny" is the word. I tried to think of situations where it would matter whether they decide which match goes on NBCSN 3 days or 3 weeks in advance, and struggled to think of many. I mean, I would argue that its easier to set-up a recording on a phone than on a TV, but I guess that somewhat depends on your provider and how good their app is. But either way, unless you're hiking up Kilimanjaro or riding a horse through Mongolia it shouldn't be a problem to have the match you wanna see waiting to be watched when you get home. ;)

4. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You called it - on NBCSN's preview show this was listed as the 10am game

5. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    This is what makes NBC so good at this. FOX takes Everton and never thinks twice about it. NBC has the foresight to see another Tim Howard appearance isn't as major as the home opener for the smallest club in PL history.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Guzan is still at Villa though so it would not be that easy for Fox to just focus on Howard.

7. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  8. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2708 LaxBandit, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

Stamford, CT - August 4 - NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the 2015-206 Premier League season kicks off four days from today - Saturday, August 8. Coverage begins at 7:00 am ET with Premier League LIVE on NBCSN followed by Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur at 7:45 am ET and Bournemouth vs Aston Villa at 10:00 am ET.

At 12:30 pm ET - NBC hosts coverage of defending champions Chelsea and midfielder Eden Hazard - 2014-2015 Barclays Premier League Player Of The Year - hosting Swansea City. Immediately following the match is a LIVE Goal Zone on NBC - hosted by Rebecca Lowe with analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe.

Coverage on Sunday, August 9 begins at 7:00 am ET with Premier League LIVE followed by Arsenal vs West Ham United at 8:30 am ET and Stoke City vs Liverpool at 11:00 am ET. This weeks LIVE match coverage wraps up on Monday with Premier League LIVE at 2:00 pm ET followed by West Bromwich Albion vs Manchester City at 3:00 pm ET. Premier League LIVE and all three matches will be shown LIVE on NBCSN.

All matches will be preceded and followed by Premier League LIVE Pre-match and Post-Match shows from the NBC Sports Group International Broadcast Center in Stamford, CT. Lowe hosts Premier League LIVE - joined by Earle and Mustoe.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...outh-v-aston-villa-sat-at-10-a-m-et-on-nbcsn/

9. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
  10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Perhaps this last-minute jockeying is why Tribune Media Services hasn't updated the guide info for NBCSN and the Extra Time channels yet.

NorthBank and bigtw64 repped this.
  11. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HomietheClown and beInSchwartz repped this.
  12. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Curious what will happen now when NASCAR coverage on NBCSN conflicts with EPL telecasts. Will USA Network in those instances handle those telecasts formerly moved to CNBC, or will the USA telecasts solely be additional TV matches.

13. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

May 28, 1999
    Bloomington, Indiana
    USA Network will only be offering an additional Saturday morning 10 am Eastern time game to the NBCSN game each week. As far as I recall, NASCAR doesn't do early Saturday mornings very often. I could be wrong on NASCAR, however.

14. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Formula 1 is the conflict. I bet the NBCSN matches will then go to CNBC and the USA second choice schedule will remain intact. For Sunday 11am or other post-10am matches, I bet the same plan will remain true.

15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    It's the smallest as Oldham's capacity was higher back then. They averaged 12.859 in their Premier League season.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

May 28, 1999
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I don't recall seeing F1 practices interfering with Premier League on Saturdays. NBCSN has had F1 longer than its new NASCAR property. Again, F1 races are usually on Sundays as well.

17. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And conflicts are very rare with NBCSN and Premier League. Unless the Olympics are on.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think there will be 4 weekends in 2015 where F1 conflicts with EPL matches. 3 qualifying sessions interfere with the 10:00ET Saturday matches and 4 races interfere with the Sunday EPL matches.

But no worries, F1 can go to CNBC or EPL can go to the main NBC network.

19. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And it's not an automatic bump for the Prem, right? They move qualifying to CNBC sometimes as well, IIRC.

20. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oddly enough this weekend's NASCAR/Xfinity race starts at 1100AM ET and is on CNBC .

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, certainly f1 is moved to CNBC. I would say about one-third of the time due to some sort of conflict. I would also guess that 2 races will be shown on the main NBC network too (USA and Mexico), although those take place mid-afternoon after EPL matches are done.

22. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    F1 only bumps PL on Sundays. I don't remember ever seeing it on Saturdays in place of PL.

23. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Do we know if USA network will have the score ticker or similar like NBCSN?

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As a Dish customer without Extra Time I appreciate an extra game on USA. Smart idea to add a different game to another Channel on their family of Networks.

I would also like to see them put other games on Universo and Telemundo too. They don't always have to be the same matches as the NBCSN or NBC matches. Personally iT would be nice to have a bit more diversity. Broadcasting the same game on the Spanish channels that I can see in English (with more knowledgeable commentators) ALL THE TIME is a bit excessive.

MetroChile and annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  25. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I personally enjoy the ad-free feeds on the Extra Time channels, but I guess it makes sense to try and make some money off these games by airing them on the commercial networks