PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Manchester City FC - Apr 24 , 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    3 teams in front of us with easier schedules. Go away.

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LOL you're the only team that plays TWO teams in the relegation zone. read the table man.

3. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Also, we're the only team that plays 2 top 5 teams. Again, go away.

4. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hate seeing the hype stuff from the social media sites. “This is why we play the game.” “These are the games you get up for.” Bullshit like that. Bullshit lip service. Get up for every match, assholes. Lol

J'can and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that any additional hype is needed anyhow, but it's not out of bounds either to say, whether it's for the players or the fans that a game vs City, Pool or Arsenal just means more than a game vs Huddersfield or Burnley.
    As a pro, you have to show up for every game but they clearly don't hold the same meaning either...

6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #56 Sofabloke, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Our "leaked" lineup according to the paps;

De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Young, Pereira, Fred, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford

Back 3 with Darmian RCB? or Young RW?

Would maybe expect that lot to line up as follows;

---------------- DDG
    ---- Darmian - Smalling - Lindelof
    Young --------------------------------- Shaw
    ------------- Pereira - Fred
    ------------- Lingard - Pogba
    ------------------ Rashford

or similar

incighte repped this.
  7. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    F*ck you Darmian haters. I knew it. Surprised by Young.

Chaz Striker repped this.
  9. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There is a saying in my country, some people learn by listening and some people learn by seeing and then there are some who never learn. I guess Ole falls in third category.

10. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ole got rid of one cockroach in Fella but can’t seem to get rid of another one in Young. If we’re playing with Wing Backs Dalot should be the guy.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #61 Ashur, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Interesting. Ole definitely going a little out of the box for this one. No McTominay even on the bench is kind of a surprise to be honest. I am bummed that since we're playing with a RWB that AY has been picked ahead of Dalot.

City's XI: Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, D. Silva, B. Silva, Sterling, Aguero

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Young will cost us a goal again. I like Darmian in the back if we're going to play a 352. This midfield is pretty lightweight but at least their technical. Doesn't matter though because we're gonna get rolled.

13. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Darmian is going to be a WB. Shaw will be at LCB.

Ole needs someone to play out of the back. Smalling treats the ball like a live IED, and Lindelof has been inconsistent, or at least not confident, in that regard.

That's a very defensive back 5. Young will be our furthest forward, I imagine, and Darmian will be more defensive.

Fred + Pogs deeper.
    Pereira + Lingard higher.
    Rashford alone up front.

14. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious as to who is leaking the starting lineups recently. That team was announced at least 2hrs ago and I didn't pay it too much mind because I didn't believe it was legit. But that is 3rd time in a row now that the XI has been leaked and it's been right on the money every time.
    Except for AY's presence, I like that Ole is trying something different. Fingers crossed, it pays off.

incighte repped this.
  16. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    We obviously have a problem in the locker room.

I would bet it's name is Paul Pogba.

17. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reportedly one of the linesman in tonights game - Scott Ledger is a Liverpool fan. No conflict of interest there then :)

18. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Is that a leak in the roof or an intentional drainage that is controlled pre-match to prevent the water from flooding the pitch?

I don't think it's safe to sit there at the moment. That's a lot of water coming in hot.

19. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe both Young and Darmian are playing right-back - as combined you have most of the elements of a single passable player :)

Gisselbrecht, Chaz Striker and jnielsen repped this.
  20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe they were aiming it to fall on Pep's seat and misjudged?

incighte repped this.
  21. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ole's been tinkering with the lineup like a mad scientist, without hitting the jackpot. It makes me nervous. I don't feel that the players are understanding the nuances of each version. Nuances, hell, they're not understanding the basics of each version.

22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, no shit. :ROFLMAO:

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ole had to make some changes today after the debacle at Goodison this past weekend. I'm betting that if Ole could have changed the whole team, he might have, just to send the players a clear message that what they produced vs Everton is completely unacceptable.
    He didn't go far enough today (with AY still in the starting lineup somehow).

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still maintain that it's all gone to pot for us since they stopped playing the Rocky theme when the players enter the pitch. The intensity and feeling of anticipation is nowhere near the same with whatever music they're playing now.

25. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    KEANE ON POGBA: HE'S A BIG PROBLEM

"I wouldn’t believe a word he says. There is no meaning behind it. I don’t even think he believed what he was saying there. He’s on about being a team-mate, if you’re going to be a good teammate you’ve got to run back when you’re defending. It all got a bit heated after the game against Everton, I heard they were throwing their hair-gel at each other. It got that heated.

"The guy is a talented boy, but we’re saying the same thing over and over again. The number of times we’ve seen him in games where he is not sprinting or running back. He’s talking about body language – but throws his hands up in the air. He’s a big problem for United

"Graeme spoke earlier about needing good senior players at your football club. He’s a senior player, played in big competitions and won big trophies. I don’t think he leads by example, from what I see. I don’t know what he’s like on the training ground or when they’re travelling, but from what I see. He mentioned body language and pride, but I don’t see it in his performances. My eyes don’t lie to me."

incighte repped this.