EPL Idea

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by The Double, Sep 15, 2003.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    To have a better understanding of stats, can I propose something? How about a thread devoted to one team that will be on FSW every matchday? We log the shots (who took them, who set them up) the fouls etc.

Input?

2. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Well, not even Man U is on FSW every single matchday. So it would be rather difficult to track every single game. Does the EPL PPV package pick up all the Man U games that aren't on FSW? You could probably get pretty close to all 38 games, but I don't know if enough people would have PPV to be able to do it for the games that aren't on FSW. It would be very difficult to a game or two a week without a bunch of people devoted to doing it. It's one thing to track USMNT games, but doing all of a club side's matches would be a lot of work.

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Not all of them

What I meant to say is that we choose one team from any one of the games that will be broadcasted on FSW and we can analyze the teams performance.

Example

Last Matchday-Arsenal vs. Portsmouth

Lets say we followed Portsmouth. I track all of Pompey's stats, relay them here, and we can discuss how certain players are performing, how they perform against top table teams as to how they perform against mid to bottom level teams. I think it can make for interesting discussion.

Thoughts?

4. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    I thinm it could be interesting, but I think it might be more useful to try and do as many games of Man U or Arsenal as possible so we can see how things change over the course of the season. Of course, by doing different teams you can see how different teams have different styles, so I guess it's a toss-up.

I'd be willing to do some of the work, as long as we have enough people so that we're not stuck spending ten hours working on the stats each week. If you could get 9 or 10 people it wouldn't be bad.

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I'll see what I can lobby for on the mod board. Thanks for your support.