EPL Fantasy/ Rapids

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Riccardo55, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK,

Since there's not much to root for until April, a few of us think it's time to create a Fantasy League for the English Premiership........

Starting late is OK as the season lasts way to long over there (actually, it's more that we were too lazy to begin back in August...)

Got to Yahoo, find Fantasy, and from the USA sites you may need to click on the 'more' or else go to Yahoo UK and they ususally have a direct icon on the football page.

League ("Denver Champions League" as Zar won the MLS, and I'm the two time EPL Fantasy champ....) but YOU MUST ENTER THE NUMBER OF THE LEAGUE:

League 59568
    passowrd hughes

1) You can only have one Yahoo team/fantasy game, so you' either need to dissolve your current team or create a new Yahoo ID.
    2) No games this weekend, so you have 10 days to create a team with the very frugal $100...that's $9/player, average.
    3) No limit to team in the league, but I ask that any team you enter be competitively managed, i.e. please no two-week teams if you expect to be bored and forgetaboutit for months at a time.
    4) Trash Talking is Optional, especially in April at the season opener!

Richard

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like fun. I'm in...

If I have a team in the Spanish Yahoo fantasy league, will it allow me to also play EPL fantasy? Well, I'll find out if I have a problem.

3. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in (that make 4 now). Come on folks. We're all starting off w/the same disadvantage...missing the first 12 weeks (out of 40).

5. Dave Beckhouse

Dave Beckhouse New Member

May 26, 2003
    Denver, CO
    The Punters makes 5, we need at least 10.

6. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that makes me 6. Time to pick a squad.

7. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team Picking...

It's a little strange to pick at the 1/3 point, as the 'sleepers' are well known and costly. Many who have played recall the benefit of taking Jimmy Floyd, or Ruud thier first year when they were only like $5 or $10 bucks. Saves cash for the rest of the squad.

I am intrigued by looking at some of the local's teams from England. Some of the top 10 change their entire roster every week, playing man-to-man match-ups, and using inside information, like knowing the #3 striker will start in place of the #1 (I seem to have THAT #1 on my squad when that happens, then go delerious when the team wins 4-0 only to check out the roster and find out my guy was rested!).

I actually posted this to keep the thread on the top of the thread lists, so we'll get more players by next week. Actually, you can start a week late and catch up most year. The past two years, the winner was well ahead, but three years ago it was a really close finish. I made a late run and erased a 200+ point gap, but ended up 30 or 50 points short.

Lastly, what do people think of using this Rapids Big Soccer board as a discussion forum thru the EPL year, it seems better than trying to carve a thread out in the EPL Big Soccer boards as we'll attract interest from other Rapids Fans. Same benefit by not using the Yahoo message board as it's unaccesible to non players.

Richard
    "Vertigo"

8. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last chance before games begin. Must create a team before 5pm MT (midnight GMT) on Friday for games this weekend.