[EPL] Bolton vs Manchester United [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sons of Thunder, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    God dammit does Bolton really not know how to play 1 2s in front of the goal? Why cross from barely past the half line. Its really a wonder how Bolton is keeping so more than 40% of the possession when they are playing like this.... These long balls are seriously ruining this game for me. I don't remember Bolton playing long balls like this for the past few games..... Are they just reverting back or whats going on????

2. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lee isnt getting any service at all. these arent good tactics for either winger. lee has played some decent balls though. no striker for bolton whatsoever.

3. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    link anyone?! I just woke up

4. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    match is over 4-0 united.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    bolton had no choice but to bunker down. they had to protect the defensive formation and the only way to really do that is getting the ball forward in a hurry.

it wasnt the type of gameplan that really includes LCY...even though he still managed to add footage to his highlight reel. He had some great moves to get out of sticky situations.

6. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dammit I missed them. I really just forced myself to watch at times but its painful to watch a team like this.
    WHat do you mean bunker down. They've been 1-0 for a while....

7. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ah, damn...
    4 nil? who scored? and Did park play? From what you guys said, he was on the bench, right?

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    OG from Samuels, 2 great goals from Berba, and one from Gibson who had a short cameo.
    Park did not play, he'll be properly rested for Bayern. Fletcher did, however, play and we'll see whether he plays or not for Bayern.

Btw, how do people on this forum rate K. Davies? I personally cannot say I like him but that may be because I do not like his playing style. Can anyone tell me why Klanic isn't starting?

1 person likes this.
  9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

by an own goal...

Bolton had to sit back for most of the match to protect the goal. Unfortunately for them, they have no one upfront who can pose a legitimate threat. this team needs serious help. next year wont be any different

10. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    from what i saw davies is a great player for those long ball tactics. he is good in the air. but in a situation that requires speed he kinda ruins the play. elmander im not sure what hes good at honestly. hes tall and slow yet poor in the air. he doesnt bring much to the team honestly.

i actually from what i saw thought the team played really good. now they just need 2 half decent strikers during the summer to finish in the top 8 next season.

11. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    nani just outplayed the sh1t out of the defense and pulled off some crazy assists... that was the main difference between the teams this morning.

lee cy had a solid first half, then in second half he was non existant as was the entire bolton team.

12. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee had some good moments throughout the game, and I would say he was one of Bolton's more dangerous players on the day. For where it all went wrong for Bolton though, I think that own goal in the first half was extremely draining. Bolton had most of the momentum at that point, but that own goal just seemed to take a lot out of them. It could have easily been a very different game.

14. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I haven't had the chance to watch the game yet (downloading now off Kongdisk at only 80 kbps :( ) but I'd have to say Koven is right. So much depends on the 'mood' of the game and an early for or against can make all the difference in the world. When it is an own goal against it must be even more soul-crushing, especially if Bolton had been playing well up to that point (meaning they were probably playing their hearts out).

Especially for a side like Bolton that aren't going to steamroll an opponent with skill when they're having an off day, I think it becomes even more important. I still think Bolton would have beat or drawn Liverpool if Lee had finished that half-the-field run with a goal, instead of having the ball blocked by Kyrgiakos. When Liverpool eventually scored first, you could tell the fight was starting to leave Bolton.

Oh well, Villa just got demolished by Chelsea 7-1 so I hope they will carry over their defeated spirit to next week's match with Bolton! :D

15. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The next 3 Manchester united matches are going to be awesome. CL Bayern. PL Chelsea. finish it off with CL Bayern. Hopefully we get through to the quarter finals. PJS playing in 3 of the most important matches this season will be icing on the cake.

16. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You think he will feature in all three? I was thinking more like he would play both CL games and sit for the Chelsea one. Fergie is in all-out squad-utilization mode at this point.

17. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no doubt in my mind he plays all three.

I used to think his apology and explanatoins of the CL debaucle 2 years ago were just the normal sluff but I think he knows he blew it by doing that. Not that United wouldve won with him as they proved they could but just from a manager player standpoint. He insulted PJS by doing that. He's lucky Park isnt the run of the mill egotistical athlete.

Park really played his cards well I have to admit. I thought he shouldve walked initially but its starting to look to me like SAF couldnt be more indebted to have a player of Park's abilities and mentality. Its rare.

18. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    The camera showed the S. Korean ambassador in the audience, Choo Kyu Hoo.

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I think PJS plays against Chelsea. Last season he scored a goal at the Bridge and he played pretty well IIRC.

20. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    watched it at the local pub. some brit asked us who that was as the commentator's voice got drowned out and some idiot korean guy said that must be park ji sung's family. i was like ?i don't think so dude? (as clearly the guy was not Ji's dad based on my glimpses of him on a documentary). then the idiot starts declairing it is park ji sung's family says "who else would it be".... :S where you in toronto K?

21. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Doesn't sound more idiotic than what you shat on that navy ship sinking thread, though.

22. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    what u observed is the attitude that some koreans have which is:

i'm korean and he's korean therefore we're brothers and i know everything about him.
    :rolleyes:

23. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Actually they did win without him two years ago, albeit on penalties.

24. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yup i wrote that as well.

25. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    got beat up again at work did you?