[EPL] Bolton vs Manchester United [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sons of Thunder, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's use this as a catch-all thread leading up to, during and after this Saturday's match.

My post from the PJS thread:

The more I think about it the more I think that PJS may very well see some minutes this Saturday. Rooney is out and Park is a hot hand, so maybe SAF may play him in support again with Berbatov as the lone striker. ManUtd have an unbelievably tough run in the League after this match, so you can bet SAF will field a strong team to pick up maximum points even with one eye on the CL match against Bayern Munich.

But like I said, PJS on the left wing and CYL on the right wing for their respective teams would make for a very interesting Saturday morning!

2. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think K meant 1:30 PM Saturday EST. The EPL site has the match at 17:30 GMT. FSC will indeed be carrying the match live, so that means it will most likely be available on Veetle. http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule

Don't suffer through crappy adthe feeds that die everytime a corner kick is taken! Veetle has high quality, consistent feeds. You can even change the aspect ratio to fit your widescreen monitor.

That's all for now. :D

LOL Ji Sung hyung got jokes!

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/03/23/2010032301065.html

3. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't wait for this epic encounter if Park does start on the left and LCY on the right SHITS GOING TO GO DOWN.

4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Park's going to get rested for Bayern.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I go by Pacific time usually as you easterners might as well be in England to me (Hawaii)

6. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I though the exact same thing at first glance. But consider this:

After Bolton, ManUtd's League schedule is: Chelsea, Blackburn, ManCity, Tottenham, Sunderland and Stoke. Getting points against Bolton is going to be crucial if there is any chance of winning the League, especially since Chelsea is now out of the CL and can concentrate solely on the League, and Arsenal arguably may be in the same position very soon at the hands of the Red and Blue Death Squad.

Add in the fact that Rooney is questionable for this match because of a knee flareup and the fact that he DEFINITELY will be rested for Bayern. That means Berbatov is going to play as a lone striker. Who is going to support him? He isn't really the kind of guy to make goals on his own. If he gets stranded up top and either Nani or Valencia have quiet games, which they are prone to do every now and again, things could get a bit complicated.

I'm not saying that Bolton is going to tear ManUtd apart, but if LCY and his team were ever going to nick a point or three off ManUtd, it would be this Saturday. So we could see PJS starting this match or coming on in the 60th minute if ManUtd aren't already in the lead.

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think given the competition, Park is still going to sit unless completely necessary (supersub).

My bet is that United will still go with some version of a 4-5-1 with Berbs the lone man up top, giving Giggs a game probably coupled Valencia on the right with Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher in the middle. Nani will be on the bench and will probably be used first.

SAF prob thinks Park has run enough the last 3 or 4 matches and deserves a blow until things get heated with Bayern.

8. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow that's a pretty tough schedule.

9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Evra had his way with LCY last time around and SAF is probably comfortable with lenient wing coverage for him.

Id bet good money that Park sits but who knows really. The flip side is that SAF might want to keep the hot hand hot and the only to do that is through constant 1st team sheets.

10. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I kinda want LCY to score the winner, just so we can have another Korean affect the title race that much more. :)

Who knows, Arsene Wenger might jizz himself and decide to buy LCY.

11. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wenger doesnt jizz

12. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    I concur

13. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Making jokes in English. Not bad.

14. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    If there are young lads involved, Wanker might make an exception.

Envision pixie dust.

15. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    park is very unlikely to play so don't get your hopes up

16. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Either way if he doesn't start ain't going to be disappointed its to expected but if he does its going to be a bonus.

I still want Lee Chung Young to do well.

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I said this before that if Park played in the Liverpool game he's sitting for Bolton to be rested for Munchen and someone added he might get subbed in if needed. I don't expect him to start unless Fergie thinks Park should doesn't fit in with his game plan for Munchen. Fergie learned his lesson from earlier this season that Park doesn't do well when he's fatigued.

It's going to be interesting to see PJS mix it up with Von Bommel. That jerry curl dutch said some demeaning things about PJS when Park was injured and having hard time at PSV.

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah but as its been told many times already, MVB sincerely apologised for those remarks, and I remember reading some article (ESPN) where he included Park in his own fave 11. There were some big ass names on that sheet too.

19. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like I said before, Park will come on to turn the tide if the game is deadlocked around the hour mark. As much as he needs Park against Munich, SAF can't afford to drop points against Bolton, who are the 'easiest' out of all remaining League fixtures for ManUtd. Rooney is injured so Berbatov is going to play up top by himself. If Park sits the entire game who is going to provide Mr. Garcia with the service he needs?

20. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I actually didn't know that. Nice to know. I've been hating on MVO for years everytime I saw him playing Bayern.

21. johlee991

johlee991 Member

Aug 4, 2007
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Berbaturtle can't play as a lone striker. If he does, the formation will turn into a 4-6-0. Never seen a striker so unwilling to get into the box. With his skillset, he really should be a 25-30 goal striker a year, can't figure him out. Wish his mind would fit the skills.....

22. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They seemed to be getting along fine (MVB / PJS ) at PSV.

What did MVB say about PJS?

:confused:

23. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well with Rooney's knee problem making it a certainty he will be rested for Munich and Owen out for the season, is there any choice besides playing Berba up top by himself?

24. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you could play a younger player but welbeck, macheda, and diouf havent impressed really.

25. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC