Enough is enough ... Spill it!

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by RevsRule, Nov 11, 2004.

1. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had it. Where are the camp reports? Where is the official list of people at the camp? Why all the cloak and dagger about this match? It's not like we're on the verge of being eliminated. We're not playing Brasil.

I've looked all over and can't even find a list of who was called in. We know a few names but why don't we know the full story?

This is no way to build interest in a game or a team. I'm starting to move over the the "Arena must go crowd" based on his blind loyality to older players and things like the "big mystery" around games like this. :mad:

2. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when did Bruce need to have your best personal interests at heart when preparing for a match?

Relax. It will be fine. Really.

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Word I got today is that Bruce isn't going to release a roster for the match...

He's doing the same thing he did for the Jamaica match at the Office.

Sorry folks, I guess we'll just have to piece it together ourselves...

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    From video on US Soccer and other sources I can tell that...

Reis, Cannon are in -- plus two other unknown keepers, one from Europe.
    Sanneh, Hejduk, Russell, Gooch, Pope, Gibbs are also along for the ride as defenders.
    Dempsey, Martino, Ralston, West, Donovan, Gaven, Clark in the midfield.
    Cunningham, Johnson, Twellman are in as forwards.

Obviously we are missing some players but that's a partial list...

Peter Wilt said two Fire players were reporting but I have no clue which two.

5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Mapp & Armas? As far as I can tell, we don't have a natural left winger on the list you had there.

Rico Clark is also there. Buddle not there?

6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Rob Stone said an uncapped youngster playing in England is in camp.

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I would think it's those two, or maybe Curtin is in there...who knows.
    I forgot about Rico. I have not seen a pic of Buddle in camp, nor have I heard a word that he is there.

8. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clark is in the Eddie johnson video on USSoccer's website.

9. XYZ1234

XYZ1234 New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    This sounds like a larger camp than the others for qualifiers.

I would expect that some more players will come in from Europe Sat night/Sunday morning.

10. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I would expect some surprise callups for this match. Why else would US soccer be so secretive. And I would expect some of the youngers guys, like Eddie Gaven, who have been a part of the team recently to play a lot. Hopefully, Eddie Johnson starts and plays 90 minutes.

This is really, really lame of US soccer. All it does is alienate the existing fan base. Arena, though, has ALWAYS been this way, secretive like he's carrying around confidential CIA files or something. The man needs to lighten up. Believe me, if all of us can figure out the roster, I'm sure people from other federations can do the same.

Or they could always check these boards :D

11. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Saw that too...I would guess Spector, but it could be Simek as he has been the only one getting first team action (with QPR).

12. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    The camp should be 25 players:

1) As Stone said that 4 goalkeepers with one from Europe. I guess are Reis (confirmed by Rev board), Cannon, and Thorston (remember two from Fires? I don't think Mapp is back to the health yet.) The one from Europe likely will be Tim Howard. That leaves 21 players.

2) Gibbs and EJ from Dallas are confirmed. That leaves 19 players.

3) Beside Reis, Twellman, Ralston, and Dempsey are confirmed. That leaves 16 players.

4) In Europe, we know Russells is called in and West is called in too (assuming he is back to the health). That leaves 14 players.

5) Stone also said that one youngster that never being in the camp got called. From our young contigent, I guess that is Spector. That leaves 13 players.

6) Even not comfirmed, I dare to say San Jose's Donovan and Ching are called. That leaves 11 players.

7) As Chicago has two being called up, the one is definately Chris Armas. That leaves 10 players.

8) Due to Walker in surgery, three Metros are called up (unconfirmed), Pope, Gaven, and Clark. That leaves 7 players.

9) For whatever reason, I think Onyewu will be called up. That leaves 6 players.

10) Colorado beside Cannon, should have Mastroeni called in. That leaves 5 players.

11) How many players from Columbus being called up? My guess are 4 with Sanneh, Hedjuk, Martino, and Cunningham (could be Buddle too). That leaves 1 player.

12) I guess that Convey will be called up.

So here are the 25 men camp:

4 goalkeepers--Howard, Reis, Cannon, Thornton;

8 defenders--Convey, Russells, Onyewu, Pope, Sanneh, Hejduk, Gibbs, Spector

9 midfielders--Mastroeni, Donovan, Armas, Martino, Clark, Gaven, Dempsey, Ralston, West

4 forwards--Johnson, Ching, Cunningham, Twellman

Only uncertain is if West is back from injury and Cunningham instead of Buddle.

For the defense, it is chance for Gibbs and Onyewu to step up with both Pope and Sanneh are seasoned in the center defenders position. With both Sanneh and Hedjuk are proved right back position, Russells can be tried out. With Hedjuk and Convey are proved left back position, Spector can be tried out.

For the midfield, with Mastroein and Armas are proved options in the holding, Clark and Dempsey can be tried out. With Ralston and West are both proved as OK options on the right, we can try the deepth. Without Beasely on the camp, both Martino and Gaven can be tried to pair with Donovan as dual attacking midfielders.

For the forwards, Ching and Twellman are the target position, and Cunnigham and EJ are the striker position.

13. XYZ1234

XYZ1234 New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Why Howard over Keller? Keller is the one who has started 6 of the 7 qualifiers.

14. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Yeah, I heard Keller from somewhere around the boards today.

15. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    actually i said two Fire players were called in for the game. i didn't say for which country.

;)

peter

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Cheeky bastard :)

Andy Williams and Damani Ralph perhaps?

17. Beast_Ed

Beast_Ed Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Boston MetroWest
    Well, from all of your assumptions, I hope to see this line-up:

-----Howard
    Convey--Onyewu--Gibbs--Spector
    -------Mastroeni--------
    Gaven--Donovan--Martino
    Ching ------- Twellman

I know it prolly won't happen .. Bruce will never put too many new faces on at once.

I trust in Bruce though.

Beastie

18. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Keller has been signed by Southampton on a one-month loan. He'll start for them this weekend. I doubt they'll want him to travel after that.

19. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    If Bruce were to run out a lineup like that, Spector and Convey would be switched, as Spector is a rightie and Convey is a leftie.