Enough is enough: Koeman [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by astabooty, Oct 24, 2004.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have had a growing dislike for koeman over the last months, but the psv match really pissed me off.

koeman makes the fvckin dumbest decisions.
    dont get me wrong, i like rosales, but he wasnt needed when ajax alrdy had de mul and de ridder. anyway, it is kinda nice to see ajax go spend some nice money on a quality, international rw...so why the fvck do you play him on the left koeman?
    he is a [guiness]'Brilliant'[/guiness] idea, put him on the...you guessed it...the right!

so you ask who did koeman put on the right? well the obvious choice after rosales, sonck! i love how koeman buys a player who he should know wont fit into ajax tactics, plays him out of position for a year without success, and then decides to keep it up in one of the most important matches of the season!

so here we are, a rw playing on the left and a striker playing rw, so who was playing the #9? i mean one MAY expect the only #9 on the 1st team, anastasiou, or maybe even the young ryan babel, but nope, cowman sticks with raffy at the #9 because he had so much success against an ISRAELI team...

lobont also messed up his leg today, he will be out for a month as it stands.

ajax need to:
    a) fire koeman;
    b) get a #9;
    c) get a dominant defensive mid; and
    d) get a big, dominant, at least somewhat experienced center back.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you forgot play e)john o'brien and f)get rid of lobum and let vonk tutor stekelenburg

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well ya i did forget johnny o, but that was only in this case, i knew he needed to play.

as for f), lobont got rid of himself today.

anyway up for getting co back?

EDIT: i forgot g) make fun of bluedaddy for his cardinals going down 2-0 to the red sox :p (no R needed as this is a prediction)

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

1-co coming back aint gonna happen

2-ummm the red sox are up 1-0 dude

5. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Hmm, in Germany the general opinion seems to be that Koeman should stay in control :D

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2-0 now, but at the time i thought it was 0-0

:p

7. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

Heard the same thing in Rotterdam :D

8. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    But that's great: two more reasons to fire Koeman! :D

By the way, Jaap Stam was sighted near the ArenA last saturday. I know I shouldn't hope for anything, but it got me dreaming... :(

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't think you should blame Koeman. Blame the management, Van der Eijden specifically, for lacking vision. Ultimately he's the one responsible for buying and selling players. It's his fault, not Koeman's, that you now have a squad without experience. With all them young boys, it's only natural that you'll go through a bad spell once in a while. Van der Eijden might want some advice from PSV, who were clever enough to get Cocu and now have a great mix of experienced players and young talent.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Are you talking about that shot from the NOS? I was under impression that it was somebody who looked like him and that they were joking with the "what was Stam doing in Amsterdam?". The comentator that followed up on that bit was laughing as well.

11. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    I heard from other people as well that it wasn't him, but it still got me dreaming...

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

koeman has decided all the transfers up till zlatan i believe.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Zlatan, Pienaar, Sneijder, Maxwell, Trabelsi, VDV were all brought in/introduced by Adriaanse.

Sikora, Escudé and Sonck are Koeman's work. I think it's safe to say that Adriaanse's choices were superior...

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he meant up until the zlatan sale

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks pal

16. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Couple of seasons ago Koeman was considered a saint among Ajax fans and supporters... my how the tides have changed.

17. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    If Adriaanse gets credit for introducing guys like Raf and Sneijder, then isn't it only fair for Koeman to get credit for Heitinga, De Jong, Mitea, and De Ridder. That still isn't as good as Co's list, but it's at least quite a bit more comparable.

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i will give him credit for mitea, not the the academy people, nor will i give credit for raffy or sneijder (i am pretty sure sneijder is under koeman's time anyway).

19. Duniyadnd

Duniyadnd New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    I'll give Koeman points for at least having realistic expectations out of his team. van Gaal was living his dream again of having a youthful team that was winning everything, but that is near impossible to replicate at times.

As for John O'Brien, I thought he was still injured, or recovering from his injury so wasn't fit to play in the last few games. Maybe he's also quite rusty and needs reserve team match practice?