Enner Valencia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2 more for Enner vs Man City with half hour still left to play

2. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With a goal converted against Paraguay Enner Valencia has now entered into the Top 10 All Time Scorers List for Ecuador.

3. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    West Ham striker Enner Valencia, 26, is wanted by Lazio. The Serie A side want the Ecuadorian on a season-long loan with a view to a £10m transfer but the Hammers are keen to recoup the £12m they paid for the player. (Daily Mail)

I hope he does not leave and gets a chance to play more.

4. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If this transfer to Lazio materializes it may be a good career move. Enner doesn't have the physicality to progress in the PL; the injuries last year were killer. Not to mention Bielsa will be the manager at Lazio next season.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree. He has the finishing, the speed, positioning awareness, and ball handling skills to play and succeed in the PL. The major issue he has is lack of progression when it comes to his body mass (aka his muscle). I feel like making an improvement in that area is something THE PLAYER individually has to devote themselves to outside of training grounds (or training time w/ their team). Antonio did it- why can't Enner? It's EXACTLY what Enner needs to do to take a step forward in his career and become a better player. I've said it here multiple times- Enner has not reached the top of his game yet. He still has room for improvement and he could be even better than he is now. The potential is still there and he hasn't hit the roof just yet. All he really needs is more muscle. THAT'S IT! His performances would notably improve and the number of injuries he encounters during the season can easily be reduced.

I think West Ham is keen on selling him or transferring him to another team and more interested in bringing in a new signing that will be more suitable to their needs. Nonetheless, if there's another option in the PL he should take it. I think he shouldn't run away and find a comfort zone. The kid has everything to succeed in the most challenging league there is in the world of futbol, but he needs to understand that the gym needs to be his best friend. PERIOD. Whether in Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, etc. That's the only way he'll reach his true potential b/c it's exactly what he lacks.

On the other hand, if he chooses to go to Lazio where Bielsa is directing the scene, it's not a bad option. Why? b/c he has the characteristics that are suitable to BIELSA'S style of playing. High pressure- everyone attacks/everyone defends. Sounds familiar? Gustavo Quinteros, Jorge Sampaoli (his ex coach who is a Bielsa disciple)...yup. Enner is one of the best strikers I've seen when it comes to pressuring in the opponents turf and effectively stealing and intercepting balls. That's an amazing trait to have as a striker. It's what makes him appealing to many European teams b/c he exemplifies the modern striker. And of course Bielsa would want him. It doesn't surprise me at all. Bielsa is the type of coach who would want not just Enner, but Miller as well. I can see both those players being of his liking. IMO he would triumph under Bielsa.

Either way I just hope he doesn't run away from intensifying his training. What I mean by that is spending sufficient amount of time throwing weights. It's what will take him to the next level. Follow Antonio's steps. Shit, follow Montero's step. Even he gained a bit more mass since he entered the EPL. It's what you got do.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The difference from A. Valencia and any other player that I keep seeing is what you said... Training outside of practice. If you want A. Valencia's Instagram or anything social he is training like every single day. Either running, gym, or something related to his development. Every year we keep hearing he is going to lose his position blah blah blah but he ends up starting every time because he works hard. I don't see that from any other Ecuadorian player at all. That's what Enner and others should be doing. That's why they struggle. They don't put the work in like A. Valencia does. They probably have more talent but work ethic just isn't there.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well what do you guys think?

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's actually what got him there. Does anybody recall his brother, EDER Valencia? I remember Eder was said to be the much better player between the two in their teen years. Where is he now? Who knows, but no one expected Antonio to become the better player. But that's what work ethic does. Antonio is all about work and that's what allowed him to continue developing in his career. Not saying the rest of our guys don't work hard, but they just have gaps to fill in (like Enner and his body mass) that are almost ignored to some degree.

9. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bielsa just quit Lazio. I would imagine that affects Enner's decision to go

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If that's the case SCREW Lazio and stay your ass in the PL. Hit the gym and stay a while. Stop punking out.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Eder scored for Portugal tonight.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just read that he signed for galatasaray. Good or bad move?

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Meh. It's good for him I guess cause his not good enough for EPL.

14. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IMO this is not a good move.. Turkey is like the Venezuelan league of Europe.. Enner is making a bad decision! He should have stayed in the EPL, a more competitive League!

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    If he nets more than 10 goals in his first season there and brings back his form than it wont be that bad of a move especially if he brings it to the NT.

16. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did anyone catch the West Ham game on Monday? Enner played horrible. Didn't provide much on the left wing, even though that's not his natural position. Idk what it is about him but sometimes it just seems like he isn't even trying. There'd be parts of the game where Carroll would be tracking back on Enner's side of the field. It's definitely a bad look imo.

Ayew is out for 4 months, opening a spot for him on the wings. Crucial for Enner to get minutes prior to qualifiers. One would hope for a change in his performance this weekend.

17. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Swansea is looking into acquiring enner

18. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol Everton fans not happy. I can't blame them. E Valencia sucks.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope he doesn't suck tomorrow.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah we all hope for the best but I'm just going by the recent facts. Let hope he gets his stuff together for sure. Might be home sick or the team was just not a good fit. You never know.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nope...neither. He just needs to have the build to play in the Premier League. Meaning he will do just as good or bad in any team unless he throws his ass in the gym and gets his weight up. The best fit would have been Swansea as far as "style" of playing, but other than that he needs to hit up the gym and make it a habit. If he doesn't do it, you'll see him out of Everton come May. And next stop will be a smaller league like Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, etc.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Surprisingly, Enner got his first start for Everton today -- versus Arsenal! Only 13 minutes into the match and he's playing really well, creating chances left and right.

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Every single Everton fan loves him now.

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just banged one in less than a minute after getting subbed on! https://my.mixtape.moe/tbceim.mp4

That's two goals in his last 3 matches. Hope he keeps this up for the eliminatorias.