English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Dear lord, what a sad little life,” he raged. “You ruined my night completely just so you could have Musiala.
    [​IMG]

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It's kind of sad that in the end the decision came down to something as transitory and unknowable as future playing time. I honestly think if it was me I would have just lied for the sake of the German fans and said I felt more German than English. Everyone would be happier with that.

I don't see how anything you've said relates to anything I've said. Can you provide an example? All I've really talked about is how (until now obviously) he himself had never really given us any indication of preferring Germany over England.

roverman repped this.
  3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I never said superior. I just said better youngsters. It just grinds my gears when outsiders come on to wind us up

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Nothing wrong with keeping it classy mate. Overestimate the opposition, respect the decisions of dual players.

Then you don’t invite petty arguments with rival fans.

roverman repped this.
  5. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Germany will always have good young players through and always be among the favourites at tournaments. Leverkusen sold Havertz and had a ready made replacement in Florian Wirtz straight away.

roverman repped this.
  6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I don’t know where this idea comes from that Germany don’t have great young players. We’d be loving it if Havertz or Wirtz were English.

7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I was quoting from the German journalist who said Germany have a dearth of young talent coming through

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    #633 BarryfromEastenders, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    The argument isn’t that Germany don’t have good young players. It is that they have a potential talent gap in quality and quantity between quite a few age groups.

I don’t follow German players enough to agree or disagree completely but we have more recently played some pretty poor German teams at youth level.

roverman repped this.
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  11. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Yeah

roverman repped this.
  12. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Anyone know anything about Michael olise from Reading? Been reading rumours a few prem clubs are after him.
    It says on wiki that he's French but it also says hes born and bred in London.
    Anyone know what his connection is to france? Surely we should be looking at him with all the talent France have coming through

13. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    His mum is French, dad Nigerian I believe. Also qualifies for Algeria apparently, so his mum might be French-Algerian.

14. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Surprised the fa haven't tried to get him on board. He's never gonna get into that French team with their depth of talent.

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Or our depth of talent.....oik!!!

16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    His brother plays for England so I’m sure they’ve tried.

17. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    We've got really good depth dont get me wrong. But Frances depth is on another level. There were more french players representing other countries in the last world Cup then what were in the french team. They can afford to lose so many players.

roverman repped this.
  18. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Hopefully that's a good Omen then.

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Was it ever actually confirmed that Olise was born in England? Last time I looked I thought it was unknown.

Now I’ve done a quick search and random different articles are claiming he was born in three different countries.

20. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    To be honest, I haven't done alot of research. I read on Wikipedia that he was born in London but we know how inaccurate Wikipedia can be at the best of times.

roverman and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think it would be bad form to ask if you are trolling but I'm curious, what vaccine are you talking about?

22. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Following
    Oh please god not again. Thought we nipped this Germany crap in the bud this afternoon

roverman repped this.
  23. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    That nearly happened with England in Euro 2016, 20 English born players elsewhere, 22 English born players in the England squad.

This Euro's won't be too far off either. Wales have more English born players in their squad than Welsh. If they qualify for the world cup, then alongside potentials like Nigeria, maybe Jamaica I imagine we might manage that then as well.

I think he'll stick with the US, his club season seems to have derailed a bit, not surprising given he's young and Valencia have big issues, but I don't see that he would make the under 21 squad for March.

US also have a good track record at getting youngsters from stronger nations. Sergino Dest most recently.

roverman repped this.
  24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    He was born in England. You'll need to sign up for a free membership to see this, but his birth was registered in Hammermith & Fulham:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVC3-6K7T

dbs235 and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    ChristianSur repped this.