English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The last dual national issue of the football season is going to be confirmation of whether Daniel Jebbison is in the Canada Copa America squad.

2. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Are they going to call someone up who has only just returned after a year out ill!

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He’s arguably undeservingly been in provisional squads before and they seem to make picks to expand their player pool. I think it would be known by now though if he was in.

Just need confirmation.

roverman repped this.
  4. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Canada's association is supposedly heading towards bankruptcy so I'd imagine they'll latch onto everything they can get (and rightly so).

I'm pretty sure the owners of the three Canadian MLS clubs are paying Jesse Marsch's salary because the Canadian FA can't afford it.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  5. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

No Jebbison.

roverman and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I think with Hutchinson you just have to accept that he isn't all that bothered by international football. He said himself a few months ago that he turned down call-ups from both Jamaica and England because his body was too tired from his first season in senior football. It seems to me that his priority is making it at a high level in senior football as that's where money is earned. What happens at international level will follow. On the balance of probabilities I think he will eventually play for Jamaica, although he does have a chance of playing for England.

It's a pretty decent squad for Jamaica with lots of English interest. I think your side is already at least as good as any of the non-England Home Nations. They'd all kill for that front three anyway.

Athlone and roverman repped this.
  7. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    make no mistake if it was a senior England call up he wouldn’t have turned it down.

Athlone, AJ123 and roverman repped this.
  8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Kwadwo Duah is the first English born player to score at Euro 2024.

roverman repped this.
  9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It was already the case but I would say this one is definitely over now. Regardless of the fact that it doesn’t tie him up to them.

10. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Surprised Palace have allowed both of them to go.

11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nigeria need a new coach. They are in a mess in WC qualifying and their best player Osimhen might even be getting disciplined for slagging off their now former coach on social media.

It is dual national related because a new coach might in theory get in and go on the search for new options. Although it is probably unlikely at this point that they will gain anyone from in our set up during 2024 at least.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

Fireburn47 repped this.
  13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

14. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Do we need to discuss Michael Olise anymore? It doesn’t really feel like it has any relevance to England at this point. Seems to have run its course.

KHSAFC, hussar, Marcho Gamgee and 2 others repped this.
  16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He's joining bayern

17. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    It’s fascinating now that England captain will have possibly the two most talented players of their generation to have slipped through England’s grapes both as his teammates.

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Fascinating for some. People can mention Musiala or Olise whenever.

What we don’t need will be the continuous avalanche of Fabrizio Romano type transfer stage tweets over numerous days about a player who has no relevance to England.

19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Bit of a blow for the Premier League. Chelsea didn't want to compete on the financials for the deal. Another top domestic talent heading out to Europe.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Feels like the Premier League really have handicapped themselves on a financial basis with this ppr thing where now we could lose many top players to other teams in Europe. Feels like this transfer window will be quiet and never seen so many player exchange deals being offered for a long time.

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The problem was always going to happen once clubs with bottomless pits of money were allowed.

UEFA rules are actually stricter than PSR.

In Olise’s case it seems like he demanded a very high salary - that Bayern are more willing to pay than Chelsea who want a low wage squad.

22. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I totally missed Ben Brereton Diaz getting recalled to the Chile squad and going to the Copa America. I thought he was still out in the cold for not speaking enough Spanish.

23. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

24. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

25. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    What's the point having a dual national thread if you can't discuss the most talented England eligible dual national (and English born and raised at that)? I mean the England manager seems perfectly happy to discuss him as a future option.
    I'm sure the Germans on here didn't stop discussing Musiala when he chose to represent our Under-21 team ahead of them.