English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm confident when it comes to fighting off the smaller nations but battling with Germany is going to be 50/50

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It would be a significant loss I think, he could potentially be a world class talent. I'm not reading too much into one article just yet though. Even now half the stuff he likes on Twitter is from England players.

roverman repped this.
  3. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    1354186627573280769 is not a valid tweet id

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Obviously he’s a big talent but does he really warrant being called up into their National team right now on merit? I originally thought the same for us but it would only be to secure him as currently he doesn’t get into our senior set up, only our U21’s. Also, does that mean he’s started to transfer his registration forms? I guess so.

Well, good luck to the lad if that’s what he wants to do.

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes got a better chance of winning something with England. Sod him. We have more depth in talent than Germany anyway

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    How do you work that out? When was the last time we won a major tournament compared to Germany?

7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    When did Germany win a major tournament? 6 years ago. This era of German football is nowhere near at that level like when Spain started slowly going down hill. Anyway I only wrote it because I'm pissed off at the musiala story

8. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Appears it's just an invite so far.
    If he wants to play for Germany in March he'll have to file a switch soon.

Attached Files:

roverman repped this.
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You can never write the Germans off and since you’re at a similar age to myself you know what I’m talking about. Still bags of talent in their Squad despite some poor years for them.

roverman repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Im honestly not sure I would agree with Southgate just calling him up just to potentially cap tie him and competing with Low who would effectively do just the same. Doesn’t quite sit well with me when the kid is just 17 years old :cool:

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Noni would be the only potential serious loss but still all these switching in one go?

13. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    I wouldn't believe anything Nigerian media says until they're in a squad.
    Pinnick (head of the NFF) said while Abraham was at Swansea that he had committed to Nigeria... as we know that was a lie.

roverman and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Bullshit. No chance will some of these players switch. Nigerian media are grade a liars

15. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    I'd be very surprised in Madueke, switched at this early stage.

I have doubts Ejaria, Ojo and Ugbo are good enough quality for Nigeria, I wouldn't see them attaining to many caps.

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Tosin is a young defender doing well at Fulham. Had a good loan spell at Blackburn. Why would he give up on England's weakest position?

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    What a kick in the arse that would be to lose madueke musiala and musah in the space of a couple of months. The vultures are certainly circling. Though I'm still confident on musiala and madueke

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah have to agree with you on Noni, I would be surprised and if we were in a normal season without a pandemic to unfortunately put up with then I doubt this would even be in a conversation as he would be heavily involved with England in competitions. I did think a while back that Countries could try and take advantage of this situation with trying to entice players to switch. I’m not sure even Musah would have played for the US if we had competitive games.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Oh yeah, how could I forget that mess that Pinnick got himself into with Abraham!

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  21. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Marcho Gamgee and roverman repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I was going to say, I haven’t seen much media coverage from the English side of things regarding the Musiala situation but just seen this from the Times.

I think he’s a gonner to be honest, if Germany want to call him up to cap him then that’s their business but part of me is glad that Southgate doesn’t do the same in this situation as I don’t think it feels right. He’s still 17 years old and forcing this issue on a kid so young just doesn’t quite sit well with me.

23. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Perhaps musiala will lean towards England as he knows southgate won't put pressure on him

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Maybe, to be honest the thought did cross my mind. I’ve never seen peer pressure quite like this before publicly anyway, I mean I’m sure Mason Mount and Maddison were probably having a word with Rice and Grealish back in the day but can’t quite recall a real lobbying collective effort from players & managers to convince a player to switch allegiances. Something maybe we can learn for future reference.

roverman repped this.
  25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd rather we didn't. It's very creepy.