English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    It would be funny but Ireland would declare war on us if it happened. :laugh:

roverman repped this.
  2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    The Paddy Forum is having a nervous breakdown over this

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Probably means very little in the grand scheme of things but I think he’s just not interested in playing for us. I mean he’s plays for a Country he doesn’t even speak the lingo ( can’t confirm this but sure I heard it somewhere) plus I remember seeing a video posted by Crystal Palace when England was playing Pakistan in the 20/20 Cricket World final and when asked who will win he said Pakistan. I know some will say so what but it was just the dismissive nature that got me, like he’s not an England fan. I could be wrong but just the vibe I got from it.

5. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Yeah thats how I feel. You get a small insight into a player's mind on their social media and there is nothing about England on there.
    He didn't even post anything about the euros last year. I hate to say it, he might be English born but he's definitely not English at heart.

roverman repped this.
  6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Is his mum English or is it a grandparent thing? Doesn’t seem likely either way. The Irish seem to think he’s the second coming. Maybe he is but you see young players making a crazy early impact and fading all the time.

roverman repped this.
  7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    This is not racist but alot of black English born people don't feel English. They think Englishness is an indigenous thing. They feel u have to be white to be English which is not true. Englishness comes from how you feel not what you look like. At least Ian Wright has always describes himself as a proud Englishman

8. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Lucky has now withdrawn from the squad. Don't know if it's due to injury or something else.

9. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I thought I'd be nosey and have a look at the Irish forum. Rover wasnt lying, they are losing their minds over the possibility of losing him to England.
    It's quite hilarious really because we all know he's gonna play for Ireland, he'd never choose us. But it's funny to watch them sweat over it until the next international break.

roverman repped this.
  10. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Sunderland's Trey Ogunsuyi has been called up to Belgium's U17 Futures (squad for late developers).

He was part of the Sunderland U15 side that were National Champions last season & was one of the scorers in the final.

11. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Iddrisa Dauda Amihere (West Brom) made his Italy U15 debut today. Previously attended two training camps as well.

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rio Cardines and Kai-Reece Adams-Collman of Crystal Palace are both in a Trinidad & Tobago U17 training camp squad next month, and team-mate Enrique Lameiras is in the Portugal U16 squad.

13. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Qualifies for England and Italy as well apparently

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Shhhhh the welsh will be up in arms if we 'steal' one of their players

15. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Lookman second top scorer in Serie A this season. Might have developed slower than DCL but he's well surpassing him at the moment. Frustrating as he did want to play for England until his progression slipped back for a while

roverman repped this.
  16. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Rico Lewis has been approached by Jamaica. In an absolutely shocking and unexpected turn of events, he has politely rejected this approach and affirmed his commitment to England.

Rumours are floating that another premiership footballer has committed to Jamaica and gained his passport. This player will announce on his own time. My guess is that it's not Toney or anyone especially close to an England call, but maybe a Nathan Ferguson, Mason Holgate, Dwight McNeil or Demarai Gray type - someone on the EPL books who either gets good minutes but is just outside of England's view or who doesn't play much but is still a premiership footballer by contract. We'll find out soon enough.

Former England U-21s Lewis Baker and Isaac Hayden are reportedly close to committing and may be gathering passport documents. Both are 27 and lodged firmly in the Championship so I doubt any England fan will miss them, but they'll be nice additions to Jamaica's player pool should that come to pass.

roverman repped this.
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Lewis was never going to happen. I think Jamaica have to show some realism who they approach

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    On their part, it would be a derelict of duty if they didn’t give it a go to be fair.

Gaz811, Athlone and roverman repped this.
  19. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Cardines has made the final T&T squad for the U17 CONCACAF Championship.

Meanwhile there's no Christian McFarlane in the US squad which is good news for England.

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Espn panel are talking about balagoun for the United States. We need to get a move on before we miss out on another player

21. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Surely he's in line for a call up? Kane, Nketiah and balogun are our 3 in form strikers at the moment.
    We can't lose him to the USA surely.

roverman repped this.
  22. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    #2872 ADM99, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    English Eligible players at the U17 CONCACAF Championship:

USA: Keyrol Figueroa (Liverpool)
    Canada: Ibrahim Higazy (Rayo Vallecano)
    Curaçao: Demiane Agustien (Derby)
    Trinidad & Tobago: Rio Cardines (Crystal Palace)
    Bermuda: Malachi Belboda (Fulham)

Might be a few more than we're not aware of.

23. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Any of these a big miss for us?

24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Most likely not. Figueroa is meant to be decent but it's unlikely he'd consider England and the same goes for Agustien.

AJ123 repped this.
  25. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    In more very much unexpected and absolutely shocking news...

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/well-take-him/