English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Theyre terrified that our new wave of youngsters are going to dominate the world;)

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    He's the clown who was in the dual nationals thread a while ago as well

Mad as a box of frogs

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  4. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  5. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  6. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  7. :ROFLMAO:
    Man, that was funny. The stuff they posted about the Dutch and Dest was hilarious too.
    After a match or three in Ajax first team (because the normal RB was injured) the coach Ten Hag sms-ed Koeman there was a chance Dest could be called up for a debut in the USMNT and suggested a talk with him. So they had a talk in which his chances for an Orange team spot were explained. In that talk he was given a list of other young Uxx/Young Orange players who were his competition for a spot in the future.
    The morons started (not only the delusional fans, but also the US media) to claim Koeman guaranteed him a spot in the Orange team. Just for context, he only made a few Ajax first team appearances and subbed in twice and 1 full match in the CL qualifying rounds. So basically at that moment a nobody, but still they claim he was guaranteed a spot and turned the Orange Team down for the USA.
    They have no clue how top teams operate.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, some very odd people around that have conned themselves into some very strange way of thinking. I Can’t speak for the Dutch as much as the English but I can bet the way of thinking is similar that we steal players from all over the globe despite being born, raised and educated in our Countries and how dare we cap-tie a player of Dual Nationality and if we do there’s outrage.

feyenoordsoccerfan and roverman repped this.
  9. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I think we need to also acknowledge that someone from another country could easily come onto this forum and find plenty of cringeworthy posts made by England fans.

10. Well, you will have to put in an effort to find one, but in the Yank forum they force themselves upon you.
    Don't think I can claim never to have posted a cringeworthy one. That would be a miracle:D

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, there has of course been some cringeworthy posts like all threads and I’m sure I’m guilty over the years :p but I don’t think much can beat the claptrap that was posted about Musah and Balogun over on the Yanks forum by that poster.

12. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Angel Gomes back from a slight knock to score against Benfica. Won the penalty all by himself with some great footwork & dispatched it.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just done a lovely assist also!

ADM99 repped this.
  14. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Rafael Leao knows

15. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    This guy is now furiously rowing back and claiming Yunus Musah has accepted a senior USA call up for their game against Wales.

It's a friendly so won't cap tie him for good. It might even still be true England is his first choice but the situation has definitely taken on a new complexion.

16. Madueke was given a rating of 8 out of 10 by Voetbal International and made it into the Team of the Week!

AJ123, brettspurs and roverman repped this.
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Didn’t really see enough of the first half to judge Sancho against Bayern but from what I heard he was poor again. Saw enough of the second half and Bellingham came on and I thought he did well, added some much needed aggression in the midfield and was involved a lot and Dortmund along with their other subs made them better imo.

roverman repped this.
  18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just been checking up on how Arvin Appiah has been doing at Almeria but noticed he’s not been in any squads since September so I take it he’s injured?

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #2344 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Musiala starts for Bayern today against Werder Bremen.

Seems to be playing as a central midfielder which is interesting as pretty sure he’s been used out wide whenever I’ve seen him played.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  21. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Ike Ugbo scored another 2 goals for Cercle Brugge today taking his tally for the season up to 7 in 10 games.

They're a bit stacked in terms of strikers at the moment but if he keeps this up there could well be a pathway to Monaco for him.

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Watched the Dortmund game tonight, Sancho was looking better which is encouraging and Bellingham had a great game in my opinion, bossed that midfield for someone so young.

23. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Though Bellingham was good also, probably his best game for Dortmund, I’d like to know his running stats, seemed to cover a ridiculous amount of distance.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #2349 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Madueke scores for PSV in Europa League against POAK.

1332069686788431873 is not a valid tweet id

Jenks repped this.
  25. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    And an assist apparently. He's doing well