English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  2. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Get him cap tied!

3. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    No need to rush him.

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Definitely! Can’t risk losing him to the Yanks ;)

AJ123 repped this.
  5. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Pretty sure he’s eligible for Ghana and Italy, which he’d be more likely to switch to, I think his ties to US aren’t very strong, he was born while his mother was on holiday according to this interview.

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Musah, madueke and musiala should be in the under 21s

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    England need to manage Musah's development especially + ensure he's still getting his minutes in central midfield.

U20 WC candidate for next year.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #2308 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Yeah, I was really citing the US as was actually chatting with some guys on twitter a little bit earlier who despite tentative links to the US they felt he was American which I found quite bizarre since his only link was being born there whilst his parents were on holiday. I mean it’s not impossible off course that he could play for them but would have to question someone playing for a Country due to those weak links.

I do agree though, Ghana and Italy would be more of a concern if he wanted to switch. In fact after watching a good bit of that interview, I would say Ghana is where he quite possibly will end up. Might be reading too much into it but when asked if he feels English, Italian or Ghanaian, he says Ghanaian.

9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    If that's his attitude. Sod him. That's the problem with English players with African links, African nations are relentless in pursuing non African born players. Its like its their right to take them

11. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    #2311 Regis Prograis, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Which is probably fair enough, sounds like he’s had a pretty transient childhood, so not surprising he has strong feelings for his family roots

IGSpur repped this.
  12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    How is Ghana his familiar roots. Hes never lived there. Wasnt born there. If he chooses them, its no great loss. We have plenty of young talent coming through

13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I understand what you're saying about his ancestry. But I would have thought italy would have the biggest influence on him as he lived there for 10 years. I've no problem with him choosing italy. I'm just sick of places like Nigeria and Ghana tapping up non African players. Theyre both by far the worst. At least ivory Coast rarely do it.

14. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Yeah I meant family roots, he’s lived in 4 countries as a 17 year it’s hardly surprising

roverman repped this.
  15. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

There is a particularly stupid thread about Musah and Balogun in the septics forum

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Septic?

17. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Does no one understand calling the yanks septics anymore?

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No

19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Seen it. Theyre making out we're cap tieing players. Yet they're talking about doing it themselves. Nobs

20. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    What on earth is happening to the world

21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    The pandemic is addling our brains

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ive just seen it! What a nutter the guy is who set up that thread! Quite staggering that he thinks FIFA should investigate us for calling up English born and raised players just to keep them! I mean what the hell is he on but to be fair to him, he did start of the thread by saying it’s weird and he ain’t wrong there! Lol

Just for anyone that wants a laugh :laugh:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/c...then-complain-when-england-caps-them.2112212/

roverman and Placid Casual repped this.
  23. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Posting here instead of the dual national thread because people are already discussing it. This is a reliable US soccerball journalist saying they've been in contact with Yunus Musah saying England is his first choice:

IGSpur repped this.
  24. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Look who has replied to that tweet. He's on Reddit saying the same things too.

Very strange individual.

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It’s crazy! Can’t quite get my head around what it is he actually wants?!? Is he saying we shouldn’t select our own players or something who are Dual qualified? I think some people just have a vendetta against England for whatever reason and this seems like a prime example.

roverman repped this.