English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    He'll definitely get offered one, don't know if he'd accept it. According to a German journalist Southgate has spoken to him, probably not any truth in it though.

2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    We should be promoting him and mudekie.

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    To be honest I think we can write him off. Hes destined to play for Germany

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Why? There has been nothing yet to suggest we have lost him yet. Apparently he was called up to the last squads but Bayern didn’t want him to travel during these times for a pretty pointless friendly game for the U19’s from what I heard ( can’t confirm if that’s true though tbf ) but there’s been nothing written as far as I can tell that he’s destined for Germany.

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Gut feeling. Hes playing in Germany now. Speaks German at home as his language. Just think a few German players will whisper in his ear. Hope I'm wrong

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I dunno, let’s just wait and see, we might lose him, maybe not but I think we might have a few things that go in our favour. He’s already in our system and he knows it so he is familiar with it and all the players plus I think there’s a better chance for him to establish himself with our seniors for the position he plays. I think Germany are pretty stacked for attacking midfielders where as ours blow hot and cold and I think our pool is a lot thinner than the Germans. I think we might have to try and get him in the seniors before he really becomes established though as if he starts starting a lot of games for Bayern and not been playing for our seniors it would become a lot tougher.

roverman repped this.
  7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Agree but I think foden grealish maddison Ali etc are pretty stacked

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Isn’t that deep though plus Alli has dropped off a cliff at the moment so wouldn’t include him.

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He's a wide player. Well, he has been for Bayern anyway.

10. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019

Ronaldo Vieira scores his first goal for Hellas Verona. Has started & played the full 90 in their last 3 games so he looks to be doing well.

IGSpur and roverman repped this.
  11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Bellingham with an assist

12. Madueke learned European matches can be hard work. He has the satisfaction of an assist in the 1-2 win in Cyprus over Omonia Nicosia.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Bellingham had a good game today for Dortmund, uses the ball very well and was involved plenty. Good platform to work on.

roverman repped this.
  14. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I must say, I'm really surprised of the amount of game time he's getting at his tender age. Fair play to Dortmund though, they keep their word and are fantastic for youth.

roverman repped this.
  15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Its quite funny though, over on the German forums they have a real issue about Bellingham starting in midfield despite him actually playing very well today but they are reluctant to give him credit. There is even a ‘ England fan ‘ who is always complaining about him despite actually never seeing the guy on any of our of forums so quite why it says he’s an England fan is a mystery and quite odd I must say.

roverman and Iansutton270390 repped this.
  16. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Probably similar to the 'england fans' on here who are actually Irish and Welsh to feed info back to their forums.
    From a German perspective, I can see why they would take issue. Why start a foreign 17 year old over a home grown 17 year old? In the prem, no one blinks an eyelid if a French 17 year old plays. In Germany, they have a big focus on bringing youth through the system. I think that may be why.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah from a German prospective I can understand the concerns as it’s what we have had to endure for god knows how long having an detrimental effect on our own youngsters but that England fan is odd if he indeed is an England fan.

Iansutton270390 repped this.
  18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Tough. How many Spanish. German or French kids get picked up by English clubs over English Youngsters. I still say there should be a minimum of 5 or 6 English players in each match day side. Same applies to every league

19. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    No I agree hundred percent. I'm just saying over the last 15 years or so, German football has put alot of emphasis on youth development and has invested a hell of alot of money to become more inclusive within their multi cultural communities. From a German point of view, I could see why they would take issue. From an English point of view, I'm just glad that a champions League club is giving more minutes to English players then a mid table English club (wolves)

roverman repped this.
  20. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I'd be willing to bet he isn't English. I'd guess he's probably a salty Scotsman. They've forgotten what it's like to experience tournament football. They got beat 3-0 last year by Borat :)

roverman repped this.
  21. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019

22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm not knocking u. I'm just saying

Iansutton270390 repped this.
  23. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Which section of the forum? Just want to have a butchers

24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Stephy Mavididi scores on his first start for Montpellier.

1322875532690837505 is not a valid tweet id

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yunus Musah just scored a cracking goal for Valencia!

ADM99 repped this.