English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
  2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    David Hurford repped this.
  3. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Arsenal fans like to mock McGuane + Willock for their moves, but they worked out pretty well. Both played more senior football than most of their peers. Don't particularly like Willock's loan to WBA but McGuane's move is interesting.

Sam1010 and hussar repped this.
  4. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He's just signed a new contract.

roverman repped this.
  5. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Doesn't mean much, only that Dortmund can extract maximum Euros for him, like when Coutinho signed at Liverpool to leave shortly after.

6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He'd certainly have produced bigger numbers if he could have stayed fit. Still, a Premier League and two Champions League winners medals is a nice haul.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I still believe he can have an england career if he starts scoring in turkey

9. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    When fit one of the most gifted strikers weve produced in the last 15 years. Good luck to him

Sam1010 and roverman repped this.
  10. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I do think moving to Chelsea was a mistake that delayed his recognition as one of the best strikers in the country, when a step down within the Prem might have speeded up the process.

Still, he couldn't have known that his body would fail him at 25. At least he had that year and a half at Liverpool when he showed everyone just how gifted he was, and that's the player that he'll ultimately be remembered as.

Sam1010 and wellno repped this.
  11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I’m willing to say absolutely no chance he will get called up
    even if he does well in Turkey. Just can’t see Southgate thinking Sturridge is the way forward, he will likely call up U21 forwards before Sturridge to be honest. I could be wrong obviously and maybe he’s on Southgates radar but my instinct tells me he’s way down the pecking order imo.

12. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Sturridge is completely shot I think. Last time I saw him play for Liverpool I couldn't believe how slow he was.

13. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Rumours of Marcus Edwards to Udinese flying around. We'll have to wait and see but I have a feeling he could get lost there, as many do when they join Udinese.

Could also turn into a Watford move somewhere down the line.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    A bit strange this one: Sheff Wed fans were delighted with Penney last season, and now they let him go out on loan?

16. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017

Surprised that it's a permanent move but it could work out well for him, especially if he finds his way into La Liga in a year or two.

17. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Sancho improving all the time. You didnt see a strike with such accuracy and power with his left foot last year. You can also see he's put on muscle. Another goal and assist today to dig Dortmund out of a poor result. Seriously, if he can translate it to the national team he could be the player that lifts us to be contenders by 2022

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Agreed. Him and sterling on the wing is lethal. Put kane and rashford together u have a front four that could rival any in Europe. I think we have potentially a very good midfield with cheek coming back, winks foden Madison. Semi finals is a realistic target

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

20. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Not sure Fiorentina would be the best move for him. He'd be in a similar situation to the one he's in now, stuck behind a more promising teenage striker. In this case Fiorentina have Dušan Vlahović.

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Being a follower of Fiorentina I would agree with that. At best he would be 4th choice behind Vlahovic who I rate highly but has had to work hard to prove he can get more first team exposure (and not go on loan).

22. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Oxford on late for augsburg today and a lewis baker og for fortuna.

23. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Not so Fortuna.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    ChristianSur repped this.
  25. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Panzo on for Monaco with 20 minutes to go. They're having a bit of a meltdown here. 2-0 up and cruising, suddenly down to 10 men & concede.

Glik has been absolutely atrocious and their other CB Jemerson was the player sent off. Will definitely be an opportunity for him soon.

Sam1010, David Hurford and roverman repped this.