English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's a bit harsh, I thought that was a good post.

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    It was. Just pointing out that Brady is Irish.

3. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    ooopss... Irish. Sorry Liam.

4. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Brady joined Arsenal at 14, so while he may not have been British he was certainly a product of English football.

5. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kazim-Richards plays abroad, thank God.

6. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would put language first. Its a well known fact that British people in general only know how to speak one language even though the're supposed to know more, like the rest of the euro.

7. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would put language first. Its a well known fact that British people in general only know how to speak one language even though the're supposed to know more, like the rest of the euro.

8. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see you are a big fan of copy and paste..:)

9. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    So which one do we learn then numb nuts? The professional business language of the world is English. We won the bloody war so everyone else should dam well learn English. How many americans have you met that speak a different language and can actually pronounce foreign words properly? English is the recognised language of the EU. Its lucky we already speak it so we dont need to learn another one. You can get by in English in most european countries... well accept germany obviously. Whats the point in learning say... french when only the french speak it. That will be helpfull in spain wont it. Everyone learns English. Here in Denmark the Queen lowered the age and they learn English from 6 up. Proper English too none of that yank rubbish.

English is the number 1 language of Europe... if not the world. So learn it :)

10. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    oh...I speak fairly fluent German, quite alot of spanish and i can seriously insult your mother and sisters in arabic :)

11. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Very eloquently put Sirrah...........

I'm fairly good with French, but only get to use it once a year on our golf holiday and then the Frogs all answer in English anyway, so I don't know why I bothered? :confused:

A smile or crying are the same in any language, exactly the same as playing a hole with your knob out, everyone comprehends the underlying meaning...:)

12. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Fair points. Then again, maybe you should set an example and learn it first?

13. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Das ist schon recht beeindruckend. Aber meine Mutter koennte es leider nicht wuerdigen.

14. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Thats easy for you to say...........:rolleyes:

15. Seaside Mafia

Seaside Mafia New Member

May 29, 2005
    London
    And for how many years has she worn a bucket on her head?

16. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Oh, the bucket? She only really wears it on her way back from the pub at night. Lessens the impact when she staggers into a lamp post, and protects her against attacks by hooligans. You should try it sometime.

Anyway, I was of course hoping for a reply by Shortbloke in his self-proclaimed fluent German, but sadly that didn't happen.

17. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    vie ist... ver piss dich du schwantz lutcher? If you read my post again you arrogant cock-knocker you will see 'fairly fluent'... i leant in the pubs there, shagging german birds and playing footy for a german pub team...usw i cant spell to save my life and cant really read that much. But it really does not bother me. Honest :rolleyes:

18. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    not sure i would actually get my knob out to prove a point but i can see yours :D

19. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    oh and i did a 6 week colloquial german course in the army. I was the one that has to knock on famers doors and say 'durfen wir en ihr stall ubernatchten fritzy?'

20. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Ok fair enough, that's fairly fluent. :D

Hope you didn't catch food-and-mouth disease from the German "girls" you shagged in these stables, btw. Do you tend to drool a lot and post incoherent stuff?

21. Seaside Mafia

Seaside Mafia New Member

May 29, 2005
    London
    He did get a blue tongue though!
    :eek:

22. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    germans have never been very funny.....yaaawn

23. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Well of course nobody is nearly as funny as you, you funny little man!