English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Know this is english abroad, but bruun larsen is a real asset for denmark. He was prolific for a winger at youth levels and is killing it in his first season in the seniors. Sancho is keeping pulisic out of the team right now which is some feat

2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Sancho got a very nice assist and a pre assist. Bit annoyed to see him played wide right though, he's clearly not as comfortable on the ball as on the left where he has the game in front of him. Lost the ball a lot of times. Just hope it's not long term

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Pulisic is out injured.

He was played on the left in their last Champions League game and was much worse.

David Hurford repped this.
  4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    First half he seemed to switch quite a few times with Wolf. To be honest though, I didn’t see him lose the ball all that much either from what I saw but I was watching two games so may have missed a bit but he looked very good in possession from what I could tell.

5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    yeah sure you already told me and I don't think it's a good point. He's always played as a left winger and that's where he's comfortable for obvious reasons.

6. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Just saw the second half. He lost it 3 or 4 times in a row, almost in the same position, receives the ball with his back to goal and struggles to turn or comes inside and loses it bc he can't protect it on his left foot. Don't want to sound negative though, he was still one of the most dangerous players on the pitch. Just think he can be Neymar on the left.

7. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I sincerely hope Sancho will be a much better player, than Neymar.

RobTheFool repped this.
  8. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed. One of the most overrated players

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Neymar has 10 goals in 10 games this season. He's easily one of the top five players in the world.

10. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    that's crazy expectation mate. You can dislike him but Neymar is a phenomenal player.

brettspurs repped this.
  11. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Neymar has an unbelievable record at international level 59 goals by the age of 26! He'll probably become the most successful international goalscorer in history, in terms of goals scored. We can only dream that Sancho will achieve that.

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Sorry, but no. Neymar is firstly an Instagram influencer, a brand, and after all that a footballer too, but he is not in the top 30 best footballers in the world in my opinion. Hazard, De Bruyne, Griezmann and a lot of less fashionable players are much better than him, though Neymar is clearly no. 1 for showboating.
    If there is a Harlem Globetrotters in football, that would be a good place for him. Though PSG is almost like one.

13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yes, and Wayne Rooney scored more goals for England than Gascoigne, Lineker and Bobby Charlton.

14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently this has only just been made official today, I thought he had already signed but obviously not.

David Hurford repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I enjoy a contrarian opinion as much as the next gobshite, but you are going quite a long way out on a limb here. 59 goals in 92 caps, plus the odd 40-goal season for Barcelona, doesn't make him a world class footballer? The guy is an incredible player, whatever else he may also be.

16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    OK, to be fair, I didn't say that he is not a world class footballer. He is, simply not as good as many people think. I really don't care how many goals he scored for Brazil or for a very strong Barcelona team, also don't interested seeing him scoring goals for fun against teams like Red Star Belgrade or Angers.
    We could all see he was not effective at the World Cup, and please don't say he was injured, he is simply not intelligent enough to understand that football is a team sport. He is genuinely talented, but never did anything to justify this hype, however clever marketing does, that's why I say he is hugely overrated, and there are dozens of players I would buy for my team before him if I was an Abramovich.

roverman repped this.
  17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    No you didn't, but you said that he isn't in the top 30 players in world football. I wouldn't argue if you said that he isn't top 5 right now - that's an easily defensible stance. Would it be unfair to ask you to name 30 that you rate higher?

18. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Suárez, Iniesta, Ramos, David Silva, Isco, Eriksen, Griezmann, Kante, Mbappe, Agüero, Modric, Coutinho, Kroos, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lewandowski, Mané, Bale, Marcelo, Dybala, Bonucci, Busquets, Varane, James Rodriguez. And if goalkeepers count, than De Gea, Lloris, Courtois,

ChristianSur repped this.
  19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Mané better than Neymar? I'm sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. If Liverpool were offered a swap deal Mané's feet wouldn't touch the ground.

ChristianSur repped this.
  20. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yeah, I would like to see Neymar in a Klopp team where you must press and work for the team. This is something Neymar will never do.

21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Another Sancho assist.

Marcho Gamgee and ChristianSur repped this.
  22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Such a good finish. He's so quick to get up to top speed, just eats up the ground.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Interesting that Kwame Ampadu has joined Monaco. I wonder if they will target some of Arsenal’s talented youth players to make the move to the Principality.