English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Interesting move for Ross Barkley

2. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    And he won’t be the only English player there. Joe Bryan moved there on loan the other day.

3. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Jamie Bynoe-Gittens could be out for up three months with a dislocated shoulder which may need surgery.

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Edwards just scored a lovely goal for Sporting against Frankfurt. Not seen all the game but he’s looked very lively and dangerous.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Now just did a lovely assist to set up a second for Sporting.

AJ123 repped this.
  6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    ChristianSur repped this.
  8. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
  9. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Iling-Junior on the bench in Serie A for Juventus.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apologies if this has already been posted as I must have missed it but I wasn’t aware Miguel Azeez joined Ibiza on loan from Arsenal. Came on today as a second half sub.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  12. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--

AJ123 repped this.
  13. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    I've probably posted more on this forum about Edwards than any other player, above is my first post 2 and half years ago! Going by social media, I think last night was the first time 95% people had seen him play.

According to some very reliable sources in both Portugal and England, Tottenham retain a 50% sell-on (essentially 50% of his rights) that was smartly carried over when he made the move in January. I don't think he left Spurs on the greatest of terms, but I don't see how he'd move to any other club in England with the above being the case.

roverman repped this.
  14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Edwards will get Portuguese citizenship before Southgate calls him up

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Great to see so many English players moving abroad. Abraham Edwards smalling Barkley Bellingham madueke

16. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Literally nobody was calling for Marcus Edwards to be called up till one run yesterday, and even then it would still be massively premature. Needs to actually have a sustained good season, and most likely a move somewhere else.

AJ123 repped this.
  17. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    He might want to move to advance his career and maximise his income, but he shouldn’t need to move to get England recognition (Bruno Fernandes and Luis Diaz and João Palhinha where called up to there national teams while at Sporting and are now performing in the Premier League) If Boothroyd had any idea what he was doing he would of picked him for the U21s two and a half years ago, and would of been on more people’s radar.

This is his fourth season in Portugal (all of which have been good) and his third year in continental competition, no one was talking about him to be called up (it has been mentioned on this thread in the recent past) because 90% of the general footballing public didn’t know who he was until yesterday!

18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I think it's possible that he could get a call up whilst at Sporting if they continue their strong Champions League campaign. This has easily been Edward's best season in terms of level and consistency though, at least so far.

roverman repped this.
  19. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    He's still been pretty mixed in Portugal, he had a good start out there but his next season was very poor and he ended up dropped by his team. Then last season was alright and he got his move. I think people are getting a bit overexcited. A decent start to the season and a good run against Spurs is all well and good but its about doing it consistently and providing consistent end product. No ones ever doubted Edwards talent, its been his application and consistency.

Pile on the goals and assists for Sporting and show he's worked on his off the ball faults and he'll have his case. But until then he should be left to get on with his game. Realistically he's an option beyond the world cup.