england vs usa

Discussion in 'England' started by SAMSARMY20, Nov 2, 2002.

1. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did. Thank you.

My post total is exactly 58.2142857(repeating) times my age. Your theory has the same fate as this thread will.

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Surely you can read.

i wrote: "posters that have under 15 posts"...therefore i wasnt referring to you.

I can plainly see that your post total is well over that. You havent made any point kid. I can do math as well, and, you need to respect your elders boy.

3. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I was reacting and responding to.

4. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Fixed youre post :)

5. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

There are some names on that list.

6. BennyDee19

BennyDee19 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Ohio
    Would love to see a game like this, when is the last time we played England, WC 90 time? What is the time frame for this game if possible?

7. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the second on-topic post in the entire thread.

The game is not going to happen. The English FA is too afraid to play us.

[​IMG]

8. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Why do you all make a tent in youre trousers over the prospect of playing England anyway?

9. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Priceless. Great signature material.

10. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Re: what the hell

No, you didn't. You're doing fine. Lotta guys on the rag here-- girlfriends off to colleges far away. Boyfriends too, for all we know.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Meanwhile, forget spellcheck; trust Webster. Have a good day.

11. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Aye if we werent all cheapskate, miserly bastards too tight to pay for one :D

12. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. Everytime that I see somebody with a Sig and an Avatar, I feel like a loser; then I get angry when I realize that 2 or 3 months ago, we all had one.

13. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    I had the most beautiful avatar.....a fully 3D spinning Celtic badge.....not like that crap one you got by default...ahhh memories...*sniff*

14. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Sigh* Those were the days.

15. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had a monty python foot. she was beautiful. :(

16. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    she also used to be called Dave before the operation.

17. Bellars183

Bellars183 New Member

Oct 23, 2002
    South Shields
    Very funny Parkhead! But I don't think the current Celtic squad quite makes the 'World Class' players list, Larsson maybe, but the rest, no. This is the same squad that got knocked out of Champions League qualifiers by the might FC Basle isn't it? Good stuff though!

18. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Shall we watch the mighty FC basle knock liverpool out of the champions league in 2 weeks?
    I think we shall ;)

19. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Aside from being damn funny, I think there is a simple answer to this. You have to realize that CONCACAF has some pretty shady teams.

Aside from Mexico and MAYBE Costa Rica, we dont get to see many great teams play. Yes, We get to play Germany and Holland every WC cycle it seems, as well as a few Brazil and Argentine "B" teams now and then, put the prospect of playing more highly regarded nations is obviously something we would look forward to.

Now lets say this friendly was proposed a year ago, I would bet that most of the English supporters would have said either:

A) the Yanks? what a waste of 90 minutes
    B) the Yanks? what a waste of 90 minutes + injury times
    or
    C) the Yanks? lets run out some of our yonger lads and let them waste 90 minutes

Now that the world has seen what us true supporters of US soccer have been saying for years, that we actually have a pretty damn good squad. I have yet to see one English supporter say the would welcome this match.

Why?

Are the prospects of losing THAT unbearable? Who knows what would actually happen, but it seems now that NO ONE wants to play us.

You have to realize that just 12 short years ago, as I was a 15 year old kid, I watched what amounted to a bottom table Rymans league squad represent my country in the WC, and this past summer was justified in watching what the world THOUGHT was a Rymans League squad advance to the quarters and was a non called handball from the semis...

Let's hope.

20. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You have to realise that the reason England aren't desperately trying to organise a friendly with the US is because the US doesn't matter to us. It's a simple fact, many US soccer fans have an obsession with England and personally really I can't see why. To us the US is no more important than Nigeria, Chile, Colombia, Norway, Russia, Japan, Morocco, Iceland etc. We've no more desire to see a match with the US than we have with any of those teams. It's got nothing to do with the prospect of losing, that's vastly overstating the US's importance and relevance, especially in this day and age. When the US beat us in 1993 then it was an important defeat because just a few years earlier the US were, well, ************ and England were WC semi finalists. However the outrage at that result was not so much that it was a defeat to the US but the way in which Graham Taylor was ************ing England into the ground. In 1995 when we played again, England won, but there was no mass celebration or "We beat the Yanks!!!" headlines, it was just another game.

I know that many US soccer fans desperately want a rivalry with England and so desperately think that the US matters to England but I think that fact that England quite clearly coukdn't give a ************ rubs the US fans up the wrong way.

I think this whole thing comes about because Americans do like to overstate their relevance to England. This is why we have endless 1776 jibes (I didn't know that date until I came here), 1950/1-0, the desperation for the US to play England etc. When they're met with complete indifference by the English they call us snobbish in a kind of "How can you not care, we're the almighty US of A!!!" kind of way ;)

21. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Why do we need 2 threads for this lame topic??
    isn;t one enough??
    Two threads for a game that doesn;t even exist..
    Loads of posts from obsessive wankers...
    *yawn*

22. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Wow, you don't care at all!

23. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    *yawn*

SRM chimes in yet again with absolutely NOTHING to say except that something is lame.

24. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just because I care to say that I don't care doesn't mean I care :D

25. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Cheers ,Mr MENSA
    ...I dont see why I should make too much effort on this thread when we've got your latest one sentence contributions...