England vs Spain match thread

Discussion in 'England' started by Mikey10, Nov 13, 2004.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I have a feeling this sort of thing is why Mourinho didn't make a push for Rooney (not saying we'd have landed him, but we didn't even try). I don't think he likes undisciplined players. (Note: this isn't a knock on Rooney's talent, of which he obviously has loads.)

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Get back to your own forum you if wanna troll ,prick.

wont be long before you start dishing out racist stuff and making monkey noises.

3. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    England play with the Football team or with the horseball national team??? :confused:

4. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    This coming after an entire thread is near enough dedicated to how i have ginger hair, eat haggis and wear a 'skirt' ?

5. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

speaking of haggis.
    how are your team doing tonight??

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    In other news, Scotland are down 4-0 to Sweden............

7. gento

gento New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Valencia(Spain)
    How do you know that?
    Looks like you are used to racist stuff.
    Not me.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    True - they should stop diving.

9. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Im watching the game on soccerstreams.com

Whats up with Englands passing? If England dosent get it together, they will lose this match.

10. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    I am a fan of Spain but Gento you are wrong posting what you have posted here, this is not the World Rivalaries forum, let's keep it to what is going on in the game. As far as Rooney is concerned, I think the opinion in Spain is that they can get to him.

11. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    anyway ,back to the match..
    The midfield will have to get its act together if we are gonna get a result tonight .Beckham has really been poor tonight and hasnt given any service for the front two.Butt and Bridge have been very sloppy with the passing .
    Lampard has been quiet .

Rooney lost his head alittle bit after some ridiculous play-acting..

12. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Hopefully Beckham will be replaced before the second half. The games not on in the states, so whats going wrong for us?

13. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    fvckin beckham keeps passing backwards or giving the ball away .

14. Bilbao Lion

Bilbao Lion New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Bilbao
    Roonie is pure class. He's one of those players with the potential of ruining his career before it starts. Good move by Sven, let's see if the lad gets the message.

We desesperately miss Vicente on the left, he's like one thousand times better than Reyes (I suppose he will be replaced by Luque in the second half, otherwise I don't think he'll end the match alive). We also need Puyol, we don't have many intimidating players, and he's one of them (and our best defender too).

Joaquin, Del Horno, Xabi Alonso and Salgado are playing pretty well. Xavi is the best on the pitch so far, I just love how this guy controls the flow of the game. Fernando Torres is an overrated baby, Raul is also overrated, we need Morientes up there.

15. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    If he doesnt come off, then Sven is truly an idiot, RM asks him to not play him fully, as well as him playing as if he were Spanish. Yea if Rooney wasnt such a twit he'd be great :( .

16. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    Those chants to Ashley cole are bang out of order.

What century are we in?

17. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

its like he doesnt wanna offend the home crowd .

18. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    HAHA, hopefully he'll come off soon

19. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    that piece of play acting was ludicrous from joaquin .Does a melodramatic dive and rolls in "agony" every time he gets the slightest of touches.

Anyway ,sven has started the substitutions..
    Beckham came off and was clutching his ribs .Good thing he came off because he was playing for the home team .
    Lampard and Rio are also off.

20. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't really understand the racist chants coming from the crowd. Spanish fans don't have much of a history of doing that...

Might have something to do with the Aragones-Henry incident maybe? :rolleyes:

21. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I got the volume turned down anyway .Cant hear any of the stuff from the crowd .

Times for some more subs.
    Maybe Defoe can come on the replace Smith who has been woeful.

22. Warren_S

Warren_S New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    What's UEFA gonna do about the racist monkey chants from the Spanish fans?

23. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CAN'T CREATE??? Jeez...

As for the game... very poor showing from England - I hope the watching world don't think this is a typical performance! :D

Some very bad tackles, some awful play-acting, a RIDICULOUS penalty decision!! Even worse passing and most of all the horrible racist chanting :(

24. Warren_S

Warren_S New Member

Aug 3, 2004

Racism is common place in La Liga. In facts its the norm rather than the exception.

25. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Based on UEFA's standard reaction, they'll do nothing.

UEFA's standard reaction being "Was it England? Yes? Then let's threaten to kick them out of the next major tournament" OR "Was it England? No? Oh, OK.".

Example - Turkey... huge amounts of racism, murders of opposing fans, massive amounts of domestic and international violence, but they get to host the CL final this year