England vs Denmark

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by Bulldog1980, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nobody cares about your shit team mate. They're irrelevant. Your fans were also shit.

2. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Funny thing is that I went to medical school too, plus 4 years of residency training and five years of an independent PhD (that is, not simultaneous with my MD degree, not in an MD/PhD program but a separate PhD program 8 years after I graduated). From graduation, that's 41 years of practice. I've seen it all. And you are wrong to say that Neymar's lesion was fake, and just by you saying it, it makes me question if you are really who you say you are, because a real MD would know that his healing from this fracture had nothing suspicious about it.

SF19 repped this.
  3. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Unlike you, I don't think a bad refereeing decision means that the game was fixed. Refs make mistakes all the time. And an own goal has nothing to do with cheating.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Nuldero

Nuldero New Member

KemiFC
    Scotland
    Jul 8, 2021
    Englland goes to final by wrong means: penalty kick on wrong grounds with goalkeeper harassment. The British behavior was outrageous as usual, the harassment of the Danish national anthem with a booing. Shame on you uncivilized Brits!

5. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    1. We were all over them apart from a 20 min spell.

2. Their free kick shouldn't have been given. That was their only real chance.

3. Their legs had gone, we were going to score anyway and sat back once we grabbed the winner.

4. Tell us about your country before abusing ours.

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Referees make mistakes and they have biases. They're human. That is why Blanc was sent off 20 years earlier versus Croatia. France didn't have their captain for the final because of a mistaken red card, but none of that stopped France from winning the World Cup.

Croatia in 2018 had a good side, but the reality was France overpowered them. No one can watch the final and honestly say France only won because of the referee. I don't know remember if Giroud butchered Hazard in the semi with Belgium, but I'll take your word for it. Often that's what teams do to the opposition's best player and they can get away with it because referees are afraid to make a big decision, like handing out a red card which can influence the outcome of the game. Whatever the case, that doesn't stop Belgium from retaliating against Mbappe if they wanted to. Often referees will let that slide if they felt they let a similar play slide in the first place for the sake of consistency. After all we're all men, so play like it.

I think it was obvious before this game started that England held an advantage with the referee. They're at home with a chance to play in a final they haven't competed in since 1966. It was always likely that the referee was going to be influenced by those factors. Football for as long as I can remember has been like this. The only thing that can surprise anyone is how VAR hasn't changed that reality of the game.

7. Nuldero

Nuldero New Member

KemiFC
    Scotland
    Jul 8, 2021
    1. Total rubbish
    2. Total rubbish
    3. Total rubbish
    4. My country is full of civilized people
    Hopefully you loose on Sunday

8. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    But you're so proud of it you won't admit where you come from.

9. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah the old 'my country is exceptional' falsehood.

Every nation has morons and sadly a few of ours were on display last night.

10. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    What an atmosphere though. Superb.

11. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I’m aware of Denmark’s accomplishments in ‘92 and over the years, but this isn’t a soccer playing nation w/the pop bases necessary to compete w/the Germany’s, Italy’s, France’s and England’s of the world. Even w/a golden generation it has to be near perfect. Nobodies gonna argue that they aren’t pound for pound one of the best sides in Europe for maxing their base (like Croatia and the Netherlands, but the limitations are real).

12. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can respect him saying that because it's the truth. As long as rules aren't changed and VAR isn't implemented better, bad ref choices will continue to decide games. Sometimes it will be in your favor and sometimes it won't. Every fan base feels like they have a right to a 'bad call that helps them' because of previous bad calls that ruined them. It would be nice if there was a way to make football more fair for everyone.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually Denmark did push forward also winning a few corner kicks when playing 10 vs. 11 in the last 15 minutes. but again, playing 10 against 11 was kind of a mission impossible "legs or no legs"

15. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Eventually you could get robots that would referee the game consistently, but no one wants that.

No one wants the vanilla girlfriend on vacation.

When you sit down to watch the game you want to be entertained. You want the twenty something hair stylist with red hair that sends you bouncing around the room yelling and screaming.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh the hypocrisy

17. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Good find, but I'm not surprised guys like him speak from two sides of their mouths.

18. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was right, and yesterday was a penalty any day of the week, not only that the Danes cheated for the free kick they scored from, was never a free kick in the first place and it should have been re-taken anyway,....... no all things considered I think it was definitely a fair result.
    Just Italian 'divers' to negotiate now.

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Unfortunately just about all the World totally disagree, including Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Arsene Wenger, Mourinho and numerous former top referees like Urs Meier, Thorsten Kinhöfer, Marco Verratti and also English Mark Clattenburg just to mention a few.

20. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was our fun and we loved it

And it's English we are not british

21. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And your free kick was encroachment and should have been retaken but let's not mention that eh .

22. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

We were just trying on those Italian shoes

23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Due to the fact that Kane should have had a penalty in the first half and the 'bitter' Danes shouldn't have had the free kick they scored from awarded to them plus the fact that the free kick should have been re-taken because of Danish encroachment on the English wall I can only suggest that our ungrateful Euro 'friends' are doing everything in their power to stop the English team!

LorneMarvello repped this.
  25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #200 Ceres, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Kane dived and as for the free kick goal, the the still picture is deceiving your eyes, because if you look at it from another angle, the Danish players were standing still in the exact spot where the referee had just allowed them to stand, but then they take a step sideways and forward as Damsgaard is about to shoot, but they are not trying to get in the way or stand in front of the English wall or do anything the referee not already had approved of.

johnny6, calabrese8 and Cosmin10 repped this.