England V Turkey tickets for £300!

Discussion in 'England' started by MightyBees, Sep 13, 2003.

1. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    The FA will ask UEFA to investigate a Norwegian firm which is selling tickets via the internet for England's October 11 showdown with Turkey in Istanbul, to English fans.

A Sun newspaper investigation turned up the company, which it claimed offered one of the best seats in the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium just three minutes after logging on to the website.

England need a draw in Istanbul to book a place in next year's finals, but the FA has warned fans to stay away from the game, warning that any crowd trouble could lead to the team being kicked out of the tournament.

FA marketing chief Paul Barber said: "I am surprised and very concerned.

"I have no idea where this company are getting tickets from. But the fact they are selling them without any checks is not good news.

"We will be contacting UEFA and the Turkish FA immediately and asking them to investigate this company. Hopefully UEFA can shut down their supply line before tickets end up in the wrong hands."

2. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought you were selling some for a minute :D

The thing that annoys me, is that the only England fans who are going to be buying those tickets are gonna be looking for trouble.

I can't wait to see what UEFA does after the game (coz there is no doubt there will be trouble even if England fans don't go), I expect Turkish fans to act five times as worse as the England fans did in Sunderland, and I expect UEFA to be five times as lenient towards their fans.

3. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    That's 25 times something, right?

4. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What I'm I sounding Irish to you? ( i.e not logical )

5. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt a line of reasoning that will be used for this will be that the England fans shouldn't have been there in the first place, but still...

They rarely do things that justify praise, but UEFA's actions this week have been quite fair and they should act upon the FA's request in this case.