England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The only person on the pitch with worse decision-making than Gibbs-White is this amateurish referee.

2. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I've never seen so many players trip themselves up.

3. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    The refs an idiot

ESBFC123 repped this.
  4. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    That was shockingly bad.

5. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    England have played much worse and won games since 2011.

That wasn't that bad.

Although seemingly i'm on a different page to all of you in here cause I actually enjoyed MGW's performance too.

6. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Missed the game yesterday just watched the highlights there, Archer has cemented a place in the team. Didn’t think he was going to make the squad for Euros before this international window. Good find in the forward position

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    To be honest, I thought it was pretty poor but JRSG is probably right, I’m sure we have played worse and won but just found that performance pretty slow and ponderous if I’m honest and only came to life once the subs came on. Agree with Ste, Archer seems a really good find for another striker who I think will edge ahead of Balogun.

Ste walker repped this.
  8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I don’t think the players yesterday saw the match as anything but a friendly even through it was a qualifier.

9. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    This.
    I can't understand why do people want to draw far-reaching conclusions for next years euros about a dead rubber like this.

Jenks repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    So if the finals are next Summer then I guess it’s just going to be one year of friendlies or does qualifying start for the next cycle start next season?

11. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I think with the World Cup there'll only be 2 matches in September and March so it'll be the 4 warm-up matches like usual.

12. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Just to add to this, will be interesting to see what impact this has on the squad and whether Carsley favours previous experience with the Under-21s or late bolters.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  14. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Reports saying Wolves are selling Gibbs- White to Nottingham Forrest for £20m.

15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    A blast from the past: Tashan Oakley-Boothe to Lincoln on a season-long loan. Perhaps his last chance to show what he can do.

16. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Looks like Levi Colwill might be moving away permanently from Chelsea with Southampton and Leicester interested in him.

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

hussar repped this.
  18. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Some speculation that Colwill will stay at Chelsea which i am not sure is great for his progress this season as he won’t get that much playing time. I think another season on loan or even a permanent move away would suit him better.

19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Updating myself to say it does look like he will move away permanently. Be interesting to see where he goes.

20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Apparently the new Chelsea owner only wants to sign ‘stars’ so he’s signing Ake, Kimpende and Koubaily.

Sounds like a right ballon.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I think Chelsea will be a club going forward which doesn’t have much of pathway to the first team for it’s many academy talents.I can see Gallagher being sold this summer as well.

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well then they won’t have learnt anything from there past…

23. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Be interesting to see how Djed Spence gets on at Spurs - Conte has already said he was a player the club wanted more than him personally. I suspect the need for another English trained player might have been a reason with Winks and Tanganga likely on the way out.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Far too early for anyone to have a handle on Boehly, good or bad, and also a bit, what Tuchel with more authority, not sure myself, will do in the market with youth and transfers.
    Gallagher I think will near certainly stay and get a fair bit of time, Tuc has been talking him up and a new contract may be headed his way.

We lost Rud, Christensen, and likely Az, we play 3 cb's, Tuc wants a left footed cb and only Levi and Sarr are lefties so one likely to get some play and Tuc has not yet seemed to rate Sarr so a reasonable chance Levi will stay and get some decent time between all the comps and Tiago being used wisely.

Probably between Sarr, Levi, and Amp to get time after the obvious and Chalobah, (I think only one more experienced cb in, if Sevilla makes a deal and Kounde chooses to get paid in quid rather than Barca vouchers and coupons, and Az out in the end). (Neither Ake or Kimpende remotely likely coming)

Barkley seems very likely out so may get time elsewhere but I think his England days are over, James and Chill may play too much, as if Alonso and Az go we have no real cover yet.

Vale looks to go on loan with no real chance to show his wares this summer. CHO probably needs a loan or sale to play a lot. Anjorin probably out, hopefully just on loan.

An open question whether the owner will allow youth an opportunity to the first team but a bit promising that we are very active in the teenage youth market this summer with several promising buys.

Less relevant to England but as Chelsea youth advancement was discussed, Tuc was very strong in saying Broja will stay as he is under contract and he wants him on 1st team, so unless owner over rules...
    Gilmour sadly likely gone, never really rated by Tuc, like by Lamp, and myself frankly, may bite a bit in long term. Would be a good get by Everton.

25. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Germany & Italy in September. Exactly the same as the seniors actually.

Jack Gaughan who covers the U21 team confirmed that Manchester City asked Carsley not to select him.