England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    TBF this Andorra team have been better than a lot of previous U21 qualifying opponents. Well drilled and pretty clinical. It wasn’t a good performance though.

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Port Vale Fan and roverman repped this.
  3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    What are people’s thoughts on Gallagher? I’m undecided on him if I’m honest.

4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    They were hugely impressive to be fair to them. Seemed very well coached and surprisingly athletic compared to what you usually see from these kinds of teams. England moved the ball as well as I've ever seen them do in the second half, but Andorra still didn't fall apart.

5. Port Vale Fan

Port Vale Fan Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I like Gallagher, industrious and aggressive and he’s a real throwback.I can’t think who he reminds me of though, he’s got a style of his own - shades of Hargreaves?

6. ESBFC123

ESBFC123 Member

Barnsley FC
    England
    Jan 19, 2019
    Occurred to me the other day that aside from Ramsdale (unless I'm mistaken), we currently don't have any goalkeepers getting regular game time at either a Premier League or Championship level.
    Except from Jack Walton here at Barnsley. He's been pretty solid for us this season so far. He's made a few mistakes here and there granted, but that's kinda to be expected given our pretty shaky shart to the season. Has looked a lot more assured overall in the last three or four games. It's very unlikely, I'm aware. But I just thought, if we're wanting to have a look at players that are getting game time every week at a competitive standard, say Prem or Championship standard etc. , then he ultimately has that over Bursik and Balcombe for example. So perhaps it would be worth a shot. He'd obviously be playing second fiddle to Ramsdale and perhaps another keeper under normal circumstances regardless, but it wouldn't hurt to have him involved etc. Anyway there's my suggestion, for perhaps shoring up that lack of depth in the goalkeeping department, in terms of regular gametime.

W.A.S.P., Port Vale Fan, wellno and 2 others repped this.
  7. ESBFC123

ESBFC123 Member

Barnsley FC
    England
    Jan 19, 2019
    To link in with my previous post, I'm recalling now that Aynsley Pears didn't get a single call-up through the course of last season despite playing a considerable number of games at Middlesbrough, which always struck me as somewhat strange. Doesn't bode well for Walton, but oh well, fingers crossed lol.

8. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would love a top class keeper to come through. We've seen what a huge difference it can make to a team at Liverpool. Hopes for Henderson but can't see him overtaking de Gea who seems to have rediscovered his form.

roverman repped this.
  9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Is Pears the kid of Stephen Pears or just a coincidence ,?

10. Port Vale Fan

Port Vale Fan Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I remember Pears Snr, he was Bryan Robson’s Gk in the promotion season for Boro.

Keepers have it very difficult with so many overseas managers here, saying that, young keepers have always had competition.

The only keeper in the system for me is the Reading lad that’s about 6ft 7in.

Boyce Clarke is it?

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Pears is at Blackburn now and has been average at best

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Pretty much every time I see an England team lineup nowadays

[​IMG]

brettspurs repped this.
  15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Looking forward to seeing Musiala play but geez, not much attacking threat other than Nketiah, CHO and Musiala! I think Boothroyds hands have been tied with the Liverpool lads due to their injury problems so doubt we will see Jones unless we have no choice.

16. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Anybody know anything about Josef bursik? His name sounds polish but can't seem to find anything about him. Just wondered if maybe he was another dual national in our ranks.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Albania’s keeper has had a bit of a mare there.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    That was a lovely one two between Skipp and Musiala and great to see Musiala open his account.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Hudson-Odoi has been on fire tonight which is good to see.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    That was actually a good half of football and they actually seemed to adapt better to the 3-4-3 than the seniors but I guess you have to say Albania haven’t been good.

21. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Hudson Odoi plays like this whenever he turns out in the cup against a Championship side. He just needs to come to terms with Prem football and he can be a great player. I think it’s confidence.

roverman repped this.
  22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I don't know his background, but his name is Czech rather than Polish.

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Why did he take off Musiala? He’s not likely to be starting for Bayern next game so there’s no case for burnout.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Never seen him play before this International window but Buchanan has been very good.

ChristianSur repped this.
  25. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Buchanan's looked good. Hasn't really had to defend but he's been excellent going forward. Could be handy in future given our relatively slight array of left-backs.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.