England Under 21 Discussions Thread (2002+ born) #8

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jan 29, 2023.

1. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    I actually think there's a significant difference in his intensity between how he played for us and how he plays for Palace. JDT even questioned it at times, he wouldn't even see the pitch at Palace if that was still the case. I think a lot of it his optics now, he just looks gangly and cumbersome in his movements but he's actually pretty effective at covering ground.

roverman repped this.
  2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    True. I think he's more suited to the epl too. He's stepped up when people doubted him. I have no doubt he'll be a really good player for England. 18 million is daylight robbery. He's worth at least twice that now. Palace isn't really the right team for him. A possession based side he'd have at least 5 assists imo by now. The way he dictates the game reminds me of tugay. Another player that looked ungainly. Yet was fantastic at controlling the tempo

horrisengleton repped this.
  3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Premier League *

roverman repped this.
  4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    1779550158742520069 is not a valid tweet id

horrisengleton and roverman repped this.
  5. KHSAFC

KHSAFC Member

Sunderland
    England
    Feb 12, 2023
    I like Morgan Rogers a lot. It’s a funny situation in that he has been completely off the radar for a couple of years but is now starting PL and European games.

6. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    LUFCGGRAY and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  7. StortfordSpurs1882

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jun 28, 2023
    Heard the buy back is only active if Villa and Hull are in the same division, aka if Hull get promoted through play-offs

8. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018

Wharton gets a quick mention in the rest is football podcast, saying he ran the midfield against Liverpool.

roverman repped this.
  9. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    He was good, I thought he had a very good all-round game, probably needed a few more touches and passes to have the descriptor of running the midfield for me. I guess they have a lower bar, never really enjoyed Shearer and Richards analysis when I've watched them on TV.

roverman and LUFCGGRAY repped this.
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He was far better than the 100 million pound man mc allister or whatever he cost

11. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    If I were in charge of a Premier League club I'd go and buy Edwards and Burrows straight away before their fees rise. Looking at Ronnie Edwards stats and he makes the most passes per game in League One, 16 more per game than the next highest player, he plays the most long passes in the league but also has the highest pass completion of any player in the league at 91.5%. I'd be amazed if he doesn't make Premier League level.

12. JAMC_

JAMC_ Member

England
    Jul 4, 2022
    Edwards, Burrows and also Charlie Hughes would all suit Glasner’s system at Palace IMO.

horrisengleton and AJ123 repped this.
  13. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    We probably don't mention Charlie Hughes enough on here. Right up there with our best CB prospects.

14. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018

What do Jamie Carragher and roverman have in common?

15. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    James Trafford to be on the bench again for Burnley.

16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  17. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Always seemed weird that Celtic never gave him more of a chance a few years back, should definitely be in the next U20/Elite league squad. Rangers and Celtic are pretty terrible at bring through youth.

AJ123 repped this.
  18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Ipswich have been linked to him if Southampton don’t come up and Ipswich do (If Southampton comes up they obliged to buy him’.

AJ123 repped this.
  20. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Madueke is coming under heavy criticism from Chelsea fans tonight because post match he was seen laughing with Jack Grealish who Chelsea fans see as having got away with a handball. Meanwhile most Cheslea players were gutted and some were crying.

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Morgan Rogers scores for Aston Villa.

AJ123 and roverman repped this.
  22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018

I think Rogers progressing to this level isn't a massive surprise. He was at one point one the highest rated players in the England system. Ironically he seemed to lose his way a bit when he signed for City from West Brom. Maybe their technical side didn't suit his skill set.

hussar and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Wharton went off injured

24. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Archie Gray has made 46 senior apps this season. Danger of too much too young if it continues at this rate.

25. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Chances are Leeds will sign a right-back and a midfielder in the summer so hopefully he becomes a more rotational piece in the short to mid-term, which I think is quite likely if they go up. He's a very good player and an even better prospect but he's still incredibly raw, especially in the way he uses the ball as a midfielder which needs a lot of improvement.

AJ123 and roverman repped this.