England Under 21 Discussions Thread (2002+ born) #8

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    he was playing wide last game against us and his goal was a massive deflection, otherwise he offered very little

2. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Yep. He shouldn't be in a role that requires him to touch the ball a lot. He should be used similar to how West Ham use Antonio.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Samuel Edozie becomes the sixth U21 eligible option to score 2+ Championship goals.

Jonathan Rowe - 4
    Liam Delap - 2
    Jay Stansfield - 2
    Sam Bell - 2
    Jobe Bellingham - 2
    Samuel Edozie - 2

AJ123 repped this.
  4. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I noticed he was replaced at f time. Hopefully not injury.

5. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Is kasey mcateer eligible for this crop? He's been on good form for Leicester but not sure if he'd be too old now.

6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Too old yes. I'm guessing he's a dual given his surname and that he's mixed race. Wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller nation going for him soon.

Iansutton270390 repped this.
  7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    There is nothing online at all about what other nations he might be eligible for.

8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Jarell Quansah starting today for Liverpool.

9. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Mixed race with an Irish surname. I know surnames mean nothing these days but you'd have to think he'd be at least eligible for an afro Caribbean country.

That's not to say he's interested, mind.

10. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    you'd assume Irish but it may be too far back to be used, born and raised in Leicester, nothing has been mentioned here of other eligibility.

Frankly his form is a huge surprise, his loan spells in league 2 weren't overly successful

11. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    And had a good match by all accounts.

12. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    James McAtee starting for Sheffield United,

AJ123 and Iansutton270390 repped this.
  13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    And now gone off injured,

14. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    born in Northampton actually but joined us at 8

15. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    looked like cramp

16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    It's possible that he only qualifies for England. If he has heritage from one of the smaller Caribbean Islands then you're less likely to hear anything about it.

Fireburn47 and Iansutton270390 repped this.
  17. Inter Row Z

Inter Row Z Member+

Oldham Athletic
    England
    Mar 26, 2023
    Jarell Quansah for Liverpool yesterday:

- Most passes completed while he was on the pitch (78)
    - 3/3 tackles won
    - 7 clearances
    - 5/8 duels won
    - 4 recoveries
    - 2 interceptions

Let's hope Quansah can echo Levi Colwill's stellar rise and give England another serious elite level option at centre back going forward.

18. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    This is assuming he doesn't get pushed back to the academy after vvd comes back. I feel like Klopp has used him more out of desperation than anything.

19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Madueke absent for Cheslea today due to injury. Palmer on the bench.

20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    This season's Nat Phillips or Rhy Williams? Both playing in Scotland now for Celtic and Aberdeen respectively. Hopefully not an omen!!!

In all seriousness I remember Rhy Williams playing quite a few games for Liverpool, I think he even played in big Champions League games for them. Klopp will throw in youth players at times that are far from standard which is something not many managers do. Personally I'd be surprised if Quansah is ever good enough for the seniors but you never know.

21. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I've always been impressed with Quansah for the under 19's and 20's. He's always been very good at those levels. He was probably the stand out centre back for the under 19's in their Euro's win in what was a very good group of centre backs. Seemed to struggle out on his first loan last year (which isn't particularly uncommon, especially for centre backs) but he has a lot to like about him. I'd expect him to have the highest level career of all the '02 and '03 centre back options, Colwill aside.

Rhys Williams by contrast has never at any level been impressive. He was terrible even in his championship loans.

22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I always felt it was Edwards, Doyle and then Quansah in terms of quality. Happy to be wrong if he can get a lot of games for Liverpool this season of course.

23. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I think Quansah's athleticism probably gives him the edge of those two, its increasingly difficult to make it to the top these days as a centre back without being a very good athlete. Doyle is the best of the three on the ball but he's pretty immobile, while Edwards has looked good but its curious no one has taken him from League One yet - he seems on the smaller side for a centre back which is maybe one issue.

24. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Ronnie Edwards was strongly linked with West Ham and Rangers in the transfer window. I think he'll get a big move soon. He's also a very good passer of the ball. I'd say better than Doyle personally.

25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Charlie Creswell isn’t getting league starts at Leeds. Might even mean Quansah takes his U21 squad place.