England Under 15 Discussion Thread #1 (2009 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by zanyk, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like an attack vs defence training session atm, Mheuka should've scored a hatful already.

2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So it finished 0-0 and they lost on penalties.

3. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Their final game is tomorrow against Romania at 10:00 for 7th/8th place.

4. Yessir66

Yessir66 Member

Man City
    England
    Mar 11, 2022
    I can’t watch the game but I’ve seen they’re 3-0 down. Wasn’t expecting that.

5. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #2105 Slater582, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Just tuned it at half-time to see that scoreline also.:sick:

I know results aren't the be-all and end-all at this level but I'm still disappointed they haven't done better. 'The Secret Scout' had a fairly high opinion of this year group and I thought they looked technically promising in the first game but maybe underestimated how vulnerable Chile were.

Of course it's the first tournament they've played together and the more extensive U16 fixture list next season will give a better idea.

Yessir66 repped this.
  6. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Finished 3-1 to Romania. Didn't watch the match but the players all swarmed the ref at the end, so curious to see what happened.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #2107 Marcho Gamgee, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Yeah I also saw him say that this age group could be as good as the 2003 year group or the best since then so was surprised to see how poor the results have been but I agree, results aren’t everything and seeing the goals we gave away against Italy ( with the exception of the long range belter ) it was the usual type of goals we give away at this level, playing out from the back and making a bit of a cockup but that’s not that concerning for this level as they will learn for the better. By the sounds of it, the Slovenia game was attack v defence but we couldn’t score so presume we dominated the game which is always a better indicator at this level than the score line if you know what I mean. At this level I’m always more interested in their overall performance, technical abilities and if they controlled the majority of the possession rather than the score line.

8. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Romania's first goal came from a deflected free-kick after we were extremely lucky not to have a player sent off for a last man foul.

Their second came after the usual mistake playing out from the back & the third was unfortunately a howler from the keeper.

Our goal was a tap-in by Moore after excellent work by King who I've been impressed with.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  9. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    I hope I'm wrong here but it looks as if one of the Romanian players said something to an England player, possibly Mhekua.

10. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    TSS is questionable to me now I think. He seemed to get overhyped about the group off a very small sample. It's not what you'd expect from a scout. Maybe he's a bit of a chancer.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Maybe but I did kind of scratch at this sort of question with him and his response was that he’s seen a lot of Club football, presumably U16’s so got the impression he was quite confident about their quality but I can’t comment due to not seen enough U16’s football. I’m sure others on this thread are much more qualified to make a judgement…….I watch City’s EDS and U18 when I can.

AJ123 repped this.
  12. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    Seems like there was a Gk camp for 2008s:
    Ollie Mayer (Fulham)
    Owen Asemota (Arsenal)
    Bigalfred (Chelsea)
    Harry Whitworth (Crystal Palace)
    not 100% sure for Toby Bell (Sunderland)

13. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    Milo Berry-Gk (Bradford)

14. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    Jack Porter (Arsenal)
    Toby Bell (Sunderland)

not 100% sure about:
    Kevin Kardel (Millwall)
    Jakub Przewoźny (Millwall)
    Joseph Bailey (Nottingham)
    Ollie Lloyd (Middlesbrough)

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    'Bigalfred' is Freddy Bernal.

16. Futbolislife

Futbolislife Member

United States
    Apr 12, 2022
    Any US duals in the 2007 age group? @conradsweatman07 Just got his UK citizenship IMG_5490.jpg IMG_4981 3.jpg

17. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 New Member

Leicester City
    England
    Jan 28, 2021
    Very intrigued to know how all of you have knowledge of players Under 16 and below at their respective clubs. Just wondered where you found the info as I was intrigued to know who Leicester have coming through. Cheers

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  18. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    Rhys Oakley-Gk (Aston Villa)

19. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    #2119 ATRS, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    From Leicester I only know about Trey Mourice Nyoni. I can't find information about other players for 2007s. There were three Leicester players last year (2006s): Harry French (Gk), Mirsad Ali and Kirsten Otchere

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/atm/leicester-city-2

20. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 New Member

Leicester City
    England
    Jan 28, 2021
    Can help a bit more, think we also have Ben Courtier and Rhys Evans is supposed to be quality too

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ben Courtier is 18 already, was a trialist when he played for the 18s. Reece Evans is a Northern Ireland U16 international.

22. Yessir66

Yessir66 Member

Man City
    England
    Mar 11, 2022
    Is there a camp for 15s or 16s when the club season ends, during the summer does anyone know?

23. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  24. Deno

Deno New Member

May 16, 2021
    Hi guys, I've got a question. Hopefully, someone on this forum can help me with this question. U16 is a determining year for all football players, as they are on the verge of going full time. My question is to do with this. I know that young players (U14/U15) do commit themselves to pre-scholarships and pre-professional contracts. Is it possible that before they even start their scholarship campaign that they can opt of their commitment?

For example, an U15 Chelsea academy player signs a deal that gives a scholarship, and a professional contract, meaning he will stay at the club for 4 more years/seasons... let's say he wants to leave or Man City want to sign him as a scholar before he starts full time. Is that possible for that happen?

(I have a good feeling that the answer is yes, and compensation will be involved to be paid. Sometimes a tribunal, but I'm not sure). I'd like confirmation and clarification if I'm right but correction if I'm wrong. Thanks :)

25. fan since 1968

fan since 1968 New Member

Manchester City
    England
    Aug 27, 2019
    Are you asking that question because it is a situation that is at present a possibility?