England Under 15 Discussion Thread #1 (2009 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by zanyk, Mar 17, 2015.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Brazil and England juniors head for Caribbean showdown

April 30 - Brazil have joined England in sending teams to the Caribbean this August for the second CONCACAF Boys' Under-15 Championship that now has grown to a 37-nation tournament.

Brazil and England will also be joined by Vanuatu from the Oceania Football Confederation as the only non-CONCACAF nations in what will be the biggest tournament ever hosted by the Confederation.

To be played 11-23 August, 24 teams - including Brazil and England - will be based in the Cayman Islands. The remaining teams will be based in Jamaica. The quarterfinals, semifinals and finals will all take place in Grand Cayman from 19-23 August.

CONCACAF is the only confederation to hold a U15 championship. The 2015 edition is the third time the Cayman Islands have hosted and will be the second tournament for boys after the 22-team championship in 2013. The U15 girls played in Cayman in 2014.

The entry of Brazil and England raises the profile of the competition significantly, a fact that is not lost on CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb, who has been a powerful advocate for the championship from the start and persuaded his home country to get involved as hosts.

"Our teams will be competing against stellar international lineups at a youth level, assisting both sides in elevating the standards of the game and the quality of play," said CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb. "This is but one example of how we are using football to attract opportunities for our youth, and utilizing the power of the game to inspire a new generation."

The introduction of Brazil further emphasises the growing links between CONCACAF and its South American confederation neighbours. In 2016 CONCACAF will host the Copa America centennial tournament in the US with five of its own nations taking part.

Marco Polo Del Nero, President of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), emphasised their commitment to the partnership saying: "Football is the dream and natural path that youth from all over the world pursue. CBF is honored for the Brazilian Under-15 Team to participate in the CONCACAF U-15 Boys Championship."

At the final of the U-15 tournament in 2013, Webb said: "This is where it all starts. CONCACAF has a duty to develop its youth players and these are the seeds to expand the vision of youth development. How many opportunities do these young players get to play against the best of their own age group? Before this they had no opportunity." With the introduction of Brazil and England, that opportunity has just been kicked up a level.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...d-england-juniors-head-for-caribbean-showdown

zXen and itsonlymemate repped this.
  2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  3. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan (again) today.

4. dakid

dakid Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What position does brewster play? Know anything else about him?

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Anyone know what happened? Score?

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They lost 3-0 to Japan.

Brewster, from what I know/recall, is a small, tricky attacking midfield type.

A coupla team pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Of the outfield players, white lads thin on the ground.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I have been reading on the City Forum that City have been playing in another tournament ( Torneo del Futuro ) Just finished 3rd today and as far as I understand Sancho and Foden were part of that squad so that could be why they are missing. Not quite sure how all this worked out unless they left half way through the tournament to play for City. Apparently some really good young talent in that City squad though.

9. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It won't be long before the entire squad is black/mixed race I wouldn't have thought. Huge stereotype here but *usually* means a stronger and more athletic team and a less technical one. Waits for someone to say but _____ has great technical ability and he's black.

10. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #85 zanyk, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Either they trained together and only some of the training squad were picked for the actual squad so City was short of players for the tournament and decided to pull out two of them.

Alex Cull and Theo Hudson also supposed to be part of the squad but end up not playing.

Wonder if the younger McEachran (George) will be called up next season.Scored 2 for Chelsea U16s yesterday vs. Man Utd.

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was in one of the camps earlier this season so is already on the radar.

12. KingSRV

KingSRV Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yup. Foden is really special, tiny left footer who is very David Silva like. City have about six foreign imports in their U15 side, including Iker Pozo, but if you asked most people to say who was Spanish just by going on Pozo or Foden's style, most would say Foden.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, seen some footage of Foden and he does look special so gonna be interesting to see how he has progressed in five years time. Ive got to be honest and say that im not a huge fan of recruiting foreign kids in our academy so young, would much rather we get Manchester or English kids in and develop them but guess im a bit old fashioned in that regards and the City fans that couldnt give dam about England wouldnt care what nationality they are. Having said that, I think our U14 are all local and English and they just won the National Champs so I expect less foreign recruitment in the future if we are producing good talent ourselves.

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was reading about a Liverpool 13 year old playing for their u16s. Is this that unusual these days? And any idea who it might be?

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not common but it's not a *really* rare event, it'll happen a few times a season across various age groups depending on how stretched the U16 team is, how good the kid is, and often how physically developed the kid is. Chalobah was playing U16 football at that age (he was on the verge of U18 football tbf), and whilst I didn't see it happen, the timelines match up, Danny Pappoe (now of Brighton) was playing U16 stuff as a 12 year-old.

16. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not unusual if he's an U14s.

17. Torbjørn

Torbjørn New Member

May 25, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm from Denmark, and I play for the Danish Club, FC Copenhagen U15.
    Matt O'Riley's been with the Danish U15 National Team, I can confirm that...

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just watched the Neon Cup final between City u15 and Partizan. I know hes been talked about before but Phil Foden got MVP award and looks a top prospect. I know hes only a small lad but when he fills out and with the level of intelligence he has thinks are really looking good for this kid.

Other players of interest were Jaden Sancho who looked good and another kid that I think looks promising is Colin Rosler, Uwe's son, Played in the middle of the park and looks good on the ball and good passer. I think hes available for England as must have been here for a long time, if not born here in fact.

19. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #94 zanyk, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    How was Bobby Duncan and Taylor Richards?Foden and James McAtee are 2 English lads at Man City who I have high expectation for (at least from my limited knowledge about City youth players).

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Bobby Duncan, From what I saw of him in this final he was good also, he scored one of the goals, a poacher goal and his hold up play was good, could be another player to look out for. He was also leading goal scorer in the comp. Not sure which one Taylor Richards ( the commentary was Greek so was pretty hard to listen to ) was but there was quite a few good players to be fair. There was a lad called Sims that scored also along with Duncan and Foden.

21. zanyk

zanyk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I probably said a bit too much about United players in this thread (since I only mostly watch/hear about them) but Gomes and Campbell (a GK) played very well at Marveld this year apparently along with Greenwood and Laird of the 2001s who should be candidates for next season's U15s.Arsenal got into final.

22. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Don't know if his family followed Uwe around or whether they stayed in the Manchester area where he's always said he wanted to end up with his family. Could be eligible for England, Germany and Norway - where Uwe both played and managed between 2002-2011

23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I don't get to see much under-15 football at all so any information that gets posted is of interest. Please carry on.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just done a bit of digging on him so hes Apparently Norweigian Nationality as he spent most of his early life there but hes been in England a while now so could potentially play for us. Hes grown up a blue and is named after a City legend in Colin Bell. Good lad :) Wouldnt surprise me if he was approached in the future he may opt for us.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not clear on the reasoning: "I only mostly watch/hear about them". What other senses do you need to be able to post about them? Sight and hearing are covered. That leaves taste, smell and touch.