England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The Dutch restriction on duel nationality does not apply to those born as Dual Nationals. And because he was born British he would only have to apply for a passport if he didn’t have a British one rather than undertake a test. So I would be very surprised if that is the reasoning.

2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    This is different. He has already stated his happiness at being called up. I highly doubt he will change back

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Born ENGLISH ffs

4. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cirkin, Philogene-Bidace and Archer have withdrawn, Ogbeta, Clarkson and Ayoub Assal have been called up.

5. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Have you got another source for that or as the FA website been changed again as the squad update doesn’t mention the call up of Assal.

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It said Assal earlier and has now been removed though.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Tino Anjorin (Huddersfield Town, on loan from Chelsea) has withdrawn due to injury. He has been replaced by Jay Stansfield (Fulham). Ayoub Assal (AFC Wimbledon) was training with the squad but has now returned to his club.

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not sure if this helps anyone but the game tonight is being shown on Polish tv channel TVP Sport. Those with IPTV might be able to watch :)

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    0-0 at halftime. We have had the better of the half I would say but Poland have had there moments too. McAtee nearly scored a wonder goal where he took on about 4 players from outside the box but his shot was eventually blocked.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Losing 2-0, I had to stop watching as my stream started to stall but I’ll bet they scored from set plays if I was going to guess. Also judging from the first half even though we played the better football, we just hardly look like scoring so can’t see a way back from this.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Cameron Archer is apparently back in the squad for tonight’s game after recovering from illness.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  14. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    McAtee and Dolan also scored, 3-0

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    This was a great win for the 20s. Looks like McAtee was the standout player. He's a curious player to me. He seems to have a really high talent level but he's not breaking throughas quickly as others. He really needs a loan next season.

17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    In fairness, even great players haven't always made much of an impact in their teens - Beckham and Scholes didn't, for instance. I haven't spotted any fatal flaws in McAtee's game but I guess we'll find out.

AJ123 repped this.
  18. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    For what it's worth, we've finished 2nd in this cycle of the 'Elite League'.

We're actually just two points off Italy in 1st & we have a game in hand but apparently that match, which is meant to be vs Norway, will never happen.

AJ123 repped this.
  19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    It's weird there's little hype for him either though. Maybe it's a sign that we're producing so many quality players (along with so many playing for other nations) that a player of the ability level of McAtee is flying under the radar.

20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    What happened to that game?

21. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah it is a bit odd, but maybe it's also because he's (at best) the third most prominent English prospect at his club, so he isn't many people's great white hope in the way that someone like Patino is. Or maybe it's because he's made a few appearances for Man City's senior side now without yet making a big impression, similarly to Chukwuemeka at Villa. Or maybe he just isn't quite as good as you and I think he is and others have spotted it.

He certainly had enough hype when he was a kid though.

22. PoliteSquats

PoliteSquats Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    As soon as he produces at senior level there will be some hype. People eventually get dulled to players ripping apart youth sides.

23. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #2373 Slater582, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Germany had Covid problems apparently and were forced to make quite a few changes.

McAtee was linked pretty strongly with Glasgow Rangers and some Championship clubs during the January transfer window. In regards standout players from the match having listened back to the LiveSportsFM commentary; James Hill, Leighton Clarkson & Sam Greenwood were the others to get praise.

That fixture is the only one in the competition that didn't get completed.:( Last I heard there's not actually a trophy for the Champions though.:giggle:

The tournament will be back for a new cycle in Autumn apparently and the depth of 2003 talent should make it worth watching again.:thumbsup:

24. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Sam Greenwood another assist for Leeds against Watford, and also played part in another goal. Looks like he's up for it at senior level.

25. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Chelsea making moves