England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah, there's Brewster, Nketiah, Hirst, Brereton, Loader and so on. It's not a bad selection, and Greenwood might hit that level before long.

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    The squad

Goalkeepers: Ellery Balcombe (Boreham Wood, loan from Brentford), Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), Nathan Trott (West Ham United)

Defenders: Jay Dasilva (Bristol City, loan from Chelsea), Tom Edwards (Stoke City), Reece James (Wigan Athletic, loan from Chelsea), LLoyd Kelly (Bristol City), Tom Pearce (Leeds United), Easah Suliman (FC Emmen, loan from Aston Villa)

Midfielders: Elliot Embleton (Grimsby Town, loan from Sunderland), Sam Field (West Bromwich Albion), Ronaldo Vieira (Sampdoria), Joe Willock (Arsenal)

Forwards: Kyle Edwards (West Bromwich Albion), Eberechi Eze (Queens Park Rangers), George Hirst (OH Leuven), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough)

Training players: Ben Wilmot (Watford), Flynn Downes (Ipswich Town), Dwight McNeil (Burnley), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town)

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #1803 Marcho Gamgee, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Nice to Eze there, first call up for him but interesting that there is no Marcus Edwards?

In all honesty, not really sure what to make of this squad :cool:

4. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ipswich say Trev Chalobah is also in.

5. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    The lack of edwards is bizarre logic. He plays in the u23s and gets in the squad, then starts every game bar one that hea eligible for for excelsior and is left out. Very mixed messages. No willock either and hes been doing quite well for benfica b. Long shot but i also wouldnt have minded seeing yan dhanda brought back into the fold

6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    The midfield in this squad is starting to look a bit more healthy. Add Dozzell to Field/Vieira/Willock and I'd be pretty happy with that group.

7. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Are Tayo Edun or Reece Oxford injured?

TopBanana10 repped this.
  8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Don't think so. I suppose they might have been left at their clubs to try to make an impression on their managers.

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    A quote from Eze:

''You want to be called up for international football and it is a great honour to have been. It’s a really good milestone for me,'' says Eze to www.qpr.co.uk.

''I found out on Thursday night. I got a bit of an inkling from the Doctor as the FA had spoken to him and I’m really excited.

''It will be a good experience, I’ve never been involved before so I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.''

10. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Dozzell's starting for Ipswich today. First start since the opening day of last season.

11. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    They actually won as well with Chalobah getting the winner. They really needed that.

ChristianSur repped this.
  12. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Todd Cantwell has broken into the Norwich first XI recently. 5 straight league starts for them. Always good to see slightly less heralded guys like him getting a run.

League 2, but it seems like Tyreeq Bakinson + Jacob Maddox are doing well on their loans. You could say Maddox is playing below his level, but a full L2 season at his age could really catapult him forward. I think as the general prospects in the top academies get better, the standard of play will inevitably raise in all the lower leagues as the players filter down. Quite honestly i'd change the U23 league to an U20 league and force more of these types of players out.

hussar repped this.
  13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Jamaal Lewis also got a run in the left-back spot. From the bits I've seen before I was impressed.

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lewis has played for Northern Ireland at senior level mind.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That slipped me by. Here I was thinking they got a trio of young English talent starting a run of games and doing well. Probably best thing the manager has done there since joining. Two is still good though :)

16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Matt Penney for Sheffield Wednesday is also someone who has been playing regularly this season, for a team which is on a good run now.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    hussar repped this.
  18. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Andre Dozzell has replaced Trevoh Chalobah in the squad - was previously there as a training player

19. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I'm happy for Dozzell but there are virtually no centre backs in that squad now.

22. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Very much a game of two halves, England held on to win 2-1.

23. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC