England U-20 Discussions Thread (2004 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by Jenks, Apr 4, 2015.

1. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jamie Shackleton, a '99 born midfielder made his debut today for Leeds as a sub, looked competent. It is worth to follow the Bielsa-revolution, not just because they have been playing wonderful stuff so far, but he Bielsa wants 4 or 5 youth players in his bigger squad, and Leeds have a few good ones.

2. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Andre Dozzell update from Paul Hurst.

It was rumoured he was going to go out on loan, but he is now not going to.

Hurst has confirmed he is desperate to get playing and is in the U23s currently, but they have done their tests on him which still show that under greeat strain an injury is more likely to re-occur.

They will be keeping him in house and working on his fitness to try and get him to, effectively, pass a re-test and get the all clear to get involved more in first team

3. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    It's obviously a shame that he's not fit and ready to go. But i'm encouraged by how sensible and honest Ipswich are being about him. They're obviously taking it seriously and just want the best for him.

ChristianSur and David Hurford repped this.
  4. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    The new manager is very open about it - he talks about him in todays press conference from 21:00 minutes here - talks about it for a good few minutes:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/livecam/46

5. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Reports that marcus edwards is in talks with wolfsberg

6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Hopefully he's also in talks with himself. Sounds like a great move if he can apply himself though.

7. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  8. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    lol,...given the apparent competency of his management team probably the former

9. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Josh Dasilva opted for signing a permanent deal to Brentford. Perhaps the best possible solution.

10. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    After a few games Not sure going to Derby was a good decision from Mount. Barely sees the ball.

11. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    If I remember correctly, he didn't exactly set the Eredivisie on fire in his first months there: he didn't even play for a few weeks, only started to show his talent around November or so.
    Derby themselves are far from being ready too, they still need some games to gel, hopefully Mount will find his form then.

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Shackleton started yesterday for Leeds as a right back, had an assist and played really well.

13. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    He's also touching the ball more than he did at Vitesse.

14. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    roughly the same but in different conditions. Players behind him struggle to play forward, not impressive at all so far and I doubt it's a matter of form. I hope I'm wrong.

15. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Mount scored again

16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Here it is:
    1033363730904563714 is not a valid tweet id

Also got an assist from a corner.

17. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Tristan Nydam to join St Johnston on loan before the weekend

18. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Seems a step down??? Makes more room for Dozzell when he gets back fit

19. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I'm going to be watching Yan Dhanda play v crystal palace today. Remember this? Come on son!

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Joyful watching Marcus Edwards back then, funnily enough he’s now in our ‘in limbo’ list!

David Hurford repped this.
  21. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    just watched a few minutes but looked sharp

22. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I agree, he looked good! He kept popping up in the pockets and created multiple scoring chances. Agreed on Edwards @Marcho Gamgee . A real shame. I was excited by that forwardline of dhanda -edwards-willock

23. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    So that's it for Karanka playing the youngsters: he completely froze out Worrall and Brereton, the latter even sold. Yates doesn"t play either, only Cash started last match.

24. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Yates has gone to Rotherham. Worrall is heading out this week. Both may still have a future cause Karanka won't be there in January at this rate.