England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Perkins is on fire this season, 6 in 5 for Leeds, 5 in 3 for England. Scored in every game he's played this season. Will be interesting to see if Marsch rewards him with some minutes here or there. Leeds striking depth isn't so deep in the first place.

Must say I've really seen very little of him, what kind of striker is he? We could certainly do with a few coming through.

AJ123 repped this.
  2. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Forson is having a great season for United so far too.

3. Calculator

Calculator Member

Aug 6, 2021
    If Gelhardt can’t hack it I’m not holding my breath for whoever this is

4. JAMC_

JAMC_ Member

England
    Jul 4, 2022
  5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I wonder if he will get a chance with their first team? If I was going to guess, I doubt it.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I’ve been quite surprised by his start. It seems Gelhardt isn’t getting much of a chance though. Guess it’s early in the season.

8. kingeric07

kingeric07 Member

man united
    England
    May 31, 2018
    Never seen the fuss with Gelhardt. Always looked a league player to me, be surprised if he breaks through as a main striker in prem or championship

9. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Assist from Braybrooke here for Leicester’s second. I really like the look of him from the couple of games I’ve seen. Really comfortable and sharp on the ball, nice passing and can dribble through midfield. He has an eye for a killer pass too. You can see some of these attributes in the clip. Will Alves scores the first which is very good goal, think he still an u18 though. These games are classed as senior pro appearances as they play lower league pros.

BarryfromEastenders and JAMC_ repped this.
  10. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Rico Lewis is getting a few minutes for City. With the injuries to Walker and Stones I wonder if Pep will give him a start tomorrow. City fans seem pretty high on him. At 17 I think he's the youngest player in the Premier League getting minutes this year.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I’ve always rated him when I’ve seen him at right back and think he will be quality. What was interesting at the weekend was that Pep played him in midfield in place of Bernardo. I don’t think he’s going to convert him into a midfielder but think Pep likes to do things like this as it’s good for his development.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Oakley-Cannonier now the top scorer in the UYL.

AJ123 repped this.
  13. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Spurs managed to throw away a 2 goal lead and lose 2-3 to Frankfurt. Alfie Devine scored both goals for Spurs.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    1582693355112517633 is not a valid tweet id

ChristianSur repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    The pass at 32 seconds is a bit special...

AJ123 and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Adam Wharton scored for Blackburn today.

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes an incredible talent. He has amazing composure for someone who has only just turned 18 in June. He reminds me of Bellingham. Expect him to sign for one of the big clubs if rovers don't make it to the epl over the next couple of years

AJ123 repped this.
  18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    How is Tyler Morton doing?

19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes doing really well. He has a pass rate of 81 percent this season. He is very good In possession. When him and Wharton are together they make a big difference

AJ123 repped this.
  20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018

Seems to be implying that he'll be involved with Chelsea's match day squad. We need to get him back in the fold soon I think.

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I am not sure he is going to switch back. He could be in the Jamaica senior squad in March.

22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    What makes you say that? He does seem a precarious dual given that he only has 4 caps overall.

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It would be a little naive to permanently commit to Jamaica at this time unless he just generally feels that’s where he belongs and then fair enough but if he’s good enough and from a marketing ( probably not the right word I’m looking for ) and prestige point of view surely England is a better option. Can’t see him ruling out all his options at this early stage in his career unless he’s 100% sure.

roverman repped this.
  24. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Confirmed on the bench.

25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Adam Wharton with a world class assist today. This lad gets better and better. He's got the potential to go right to the top

Marcho Gamgee and Garibaldi11 repped this.