England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I think what you said here is spot on.

He may just need game time. To be fair, Sarri hasn’t got much wrong but he can’t play Willian in every game. The remaining Europa League fixtures should provide some opportunities for Hudson Odoi.

2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Extremely harsh. Looked slightly short on confidence, knew that a poor showing would mean another 6 months with the development squad. Foden and Sancho played a lot more senior football and improved bc of that. Pretty sure he would be an instant success in many teams.

W.A.S.P., IGSpur and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As great as Gazza was The best player you ever had was Bobby Charlton . One of our greats John Giles reckons Bobby was the best player he ever played against. This a man who played against Best, Cryuff , Pele etc.

Look at the video below . Bobby had the passing and vision and shooting of scholes , the dribbling of Gazza and the pace of John Barnes . He was as good as any player to play the game.

https://tinyurl.com/y97tk7a9

4. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Its ridiculous to think you can draw conclusions about a player after watching them for 20 minutes. Personally I think CHO is as good as any player in the England youth ranks. I hope that he gets a loan this winter to prove it.

Derby County perhaps?

5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I was thinking Aston Villa could do with him. A few German teams would probably be interested too. His chances of playing on Wednesday will surely have improved, after Pedro’s injury and Hazard struggling for fitness. Come on Sarri, do the right thing...

6. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Don't think the above mentioned teams are realistic for CHO: Derby already has a lot of loanees and don't really need another one, Villa also has a strong squad and they have their own youngsters too. I would rather back a continental loan for him: Holland, Germany, even France would be a great place for him.

7. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The other advantage a move to Germany over the Championship comes with is the idea that it's less of a step to the Chelsea first team. We've seen kids go to the Championship and boss it and still be nowhere near a breakthrough (and this was and remains the concern with Mount), whereas the perception of the Bundesliga, rightly or wrongly, might open doors that would otherwise have remain shut.

David Hurford repped this.
  8. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I hear you. I think there would be a few Bundesliga clubs interested and they seem a bit more willing to give young players a chance. Can you see it happening in January?

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If it happens in January it should be a season and a half loan. There's no point him going there, needing a tactical crash course, not being someone even in the clubs medium term plans, and then hardly playing any football.

David Hurford and TopBanana10 repped this.
  10. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jack Clarke has been getting more and more minutes for Leeds first team, and fans are already want him to start.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  11. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    A bit of a lucky finish by Smith Rowe but they all count! Right place - right time.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    W.A.S.P. repped this.
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
  14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Apparently had a few as the game petered out.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  15. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Looks like Skipp is being eased in. I was hoping to see him brought on a bit earlier.

I saw the Arsenal match and Smith Rowe did alright, if a bit nervy. Hudson Odoi didn't get off the bench for Chelsea though unfortunately.

16. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Any news on Latibeaudiere ?

17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Looked like he had a bit about him when he came off the bench against us in the League but isnt he an 01 ?

18. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Clarke is 00, Edmondson is 01.

hussar and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Next u21 cycle we probably have Kelly & Chalobah for centre-back but I am still to be convinced by other 98s and 99s and where they are. Guys like Sulimann, Oxford, Tanganga

So it will be interesting how the 2000s get on in the next 12-18 months because obviously the position is probably the toughest to get opportunities in.

The Potter repped this.
  20. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    they should tell Rice they want him to be their U21 captain.

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    W.A.S.P. repped this.
  22. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Here we go. Jack Clarke.

1058340160935546880 is not a valid tweet id

hussar repped this.
  23. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Id be very interested in young English players going to France. The elite young talent going to play in Germany and/or France could solve the problem of young English players not getting a chance. Its of a high enough standard that doing well actually means something.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

25. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #6775 Garibaldi11, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Morgan Gibbs-White just played a sublime through ball that could have made it 2-3 with time left for a Wolves equaliser. It had vision and precision.

kbarrett2316, IGSpur, W.A.S.P. and 2 others repped this.