England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Jenks repped this.
  2. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I mean, that's even worse...

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I don’t think I would promote any of the 2000 options to the U21’s. The U19’s have a better schedule of competitive games coming up. Keeping the bulk of them together for as long as possible is also beneficial. I would also consider bringing Ryan Sessegnon down.

Let’s be honest the U21’s are a joke anyway under Boothroyd.

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    #6654 TopBanana10, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    It’s not a competition. No need to be a snob. I posted that he was starting the match in case anyone wanted to watch it. Then I updated with the goal, just because I was 5 seconds behind you there’s no need to be cocky.

You didn’t post anything about him earlier, just jumped on the bandwagon when you saw he’d scored.

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I don't get the "snob" thing at all but ok, no offence was meant. There was actually a fair gap between the two so I thought that you'd seen it before you posted yours. I'm sure a decent video will show up in due course.

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Really? You came back after quarter of an hour and thought this was worth editing in? Sorry mate, I didn't realise you'd claimed Smith Rowe for the whole day.

7. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Fair enough. Apologies from my end too. I misread your comment.

8. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    So now you’re being arsy again... I didn’t realise you’d claimed video rights for the day either mate. And how is less than a minute a fair amount of time between posts

9. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Is this really necessary?

10. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    It’s not. I just took exception to the first comment. Then my apology was not received gracefully.

11. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Your apology came after my last comment. Apology accepted.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Thank you. No hard feelings. Just a bit of a misunderstanding between two people with the right intentions.

ChristianSur repped this.
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I’m feeling a little pessimistic about Hudson Odoi’s situation. Any optimists out there to counteract my negativity?

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The only positive aspect is that he is learning what Sarri wants from his players in his system/style. If Sarri is there a few years that could be important. If CHO gets a January loan the season may turn out OK.

It’s beyond frustrating to watch players playing in front of him that he outperformed in pre-season. It’s not as if these players are performing amazingly either. I’m not really sure what else he could do.

David Hurford, hussar and TopBanana10 repped this.
  15. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Is Sarri so petty as to not play him just because he hasn’t extended his contract? Painfully ironic that Chelsea would punish a young player who has legitimate concerns about playing time by excluding him until he signs a deal.

As you said, a January loan to a team such as Huddersfield would be great. I don’t know how he could force through a loan or transfer though.

16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily Sarri that is making that call, could be a decision from above telling him he’s not up for selection until he signs a new deal but to be honest, I don’t know what the situation is there. Fwiw though, it’s not just at Chelsea that this sort of thing happens. I must admit it’s not something I like when Clubs basically play with young players careers like this, just doesn’t sit easy with me at all but I understand why they do it, just don’t like it and would love to see some rule changes introduced so that young players developments will not be harmed. Young players need to develop and play, not sit in football purgatory and stagnate. Not sure what the answer is though, except most will just have to have a year in purgatory and wait for the contract to expire.

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As I said above, it's not contract-related...yet. It's just the natural inclination of a risk-averse Italian manager.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    The Squad

Goalkeepers: Joseph Anang (West Ham United), Josef Bursik (Hednesford Town, loan from Stoke City), Curtis Anderson (Manchester City)

Defenders: Max Aarons (Norwich City), Timothy Eyoma (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Ferguson (West Bromwich Albion), Marc Guehi (Chelsea), Tariq Lamptey (Chelsea), Jonathan Panzo (AS Monaco), Steven Sessegnon (Fulham), Jake Vokins (Southampton)

Midfielders: Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rekeem Harper (West Bromwich Albion), Nya Kirby (Crystal Palace), George McEachran (Chelsea), Felix Nmecha (Manchester City)

Forwards: Angel Gomes (Manchester United), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Danny Loader (Reading), Ian Poveda-Ocampo (Manchester City), Emile Smith-Rowe (Arsenal), Stephen Walker (Middlesbrough)

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Still a strong squad minus Sancho and Foden. Still no Oliver Skipp though, not sure why he is being constantly overlooked.

W.A.S.P. and brettspurs repped this.
  20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    The other positive is that he's being so completely excluded that he can't even kid himself - it's obvious that he needs a loan. If he was getting a few minutes here and there, he might weigh it up and decide to stick around for the season, which would almost certainly prove a waste of a whole year.

David Hurford and TopBanana10 repped this.
  21. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Quite bizarre considering he was on the bench against Barcelona. Good job he’s not a dual nationality player!

22. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not remotely sure Anang is properly eligible.

23. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    He must have an EU passport, he wouldn't have got a work permit without one. So I guess he has English born parents/grandparents who moved back out there.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Very little experimentation again. It has felt like a bit of a closed shop since U17 level. They don’t really use the fringe options a great deal either in key games.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    #6675 JRSG, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    really?

Walker, Lamptey, Vokins, Nmecha, Poveda, Harper, Ferguson + Aarons all barely featured as U17s. Have they had any key games since they were U17s?

Adam Wilson + Callum Wright also involved recently.

Only 10 of the 19 players from the U17 Euros are in this squad.

ChristianSur repped this.