England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Garibaldi11 and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I was rewinding the feed to figure out what happened. Just bizarre.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Playing some good stuff here. Encouraging.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    4-1 Lewis-Skelly. Lovely goal. He’s impressing in a range of ways today.

ATRS repped this.
  6. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Lewis-Skelly so so good. Top tier talent.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    5-1 Morgan.

Lewis-Skelly is putting on a show. Intercepting, dribbling, vision of his passing, beating the press etc.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Enjoyed that goal. Almost tried to walk the goal in after swift and precise attack from back to front.

And after such a lovely pass by Morgan to find the attacker free on the right it had to be a 'shin finish' into the ground to get the job done.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  9. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    2-5

Header from a corner.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  11. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Enjoyed that, first age group display i've seen in a while where everyone looked genuinely comfortable on the ball and some of the movement, dribbling, and passing was fantastic. Granted Georgia did not look great, but then we did get knocked out by Luxembourg in last years tournament. Pleasingly the central options look particularly strong in this group, something we desperately need to remedy at senior level.

Curious to see how we do against better opposition given some questionable results for this age group (including twice already to Norway).

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    6-2 FT.
    We play Israel on Monday in the final group game. They have four points after drawing with Lithuania today.

Encouraging display today. Seemed well drilled, everyone knew their role and numerous good displays from a talented batch IMO.

13. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020

Dyer is very interesting to me. Close control, can shield the ball very well, good range of passing but I’ve rarely seen England and Chelsea give opportunities like he has to players of his size. Maybe I’m reading into it too much but he had a great game today nonetheless.

14. Calculator

Calculator Member

Aug 6, 2021
    I only caught the last 30 minutes but you’re raving about a training exercise. Norway and Poland have both pulled this group’s pants down, and both those countries were playing some tiny 15 year olds

15. Pep disciple

Pep disciple New Member

Manchester City
    England
    Oct 25, 2022
    Quality of opposition looked very questionable so let’s see what elite round looks like when these players come up against top talents from Across Europe. I imagine England line up will be different then though when injuries hopefully resolved. Can only beat what’s in front of you though so job done

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Who is raving about anything? The hyperbole has been the other way as far as I’m concerned. Group written off over a few friendly results.

Ste walker repped this.
  17. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    There’s a lot of talent in this age group despite some bad results. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them win a euro champs or a World Cup at this age group.

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Not sure about that at this point. Too many question marks. The elite round should answer the questions about the overall team. Either way there is some talent in the group. So I won’t be getting too upset about overall team performance.

19. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #7994 Slater582, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Return to a back three against Israel assuming UEFA is correct. First starts in these qualifiers for Jimoh, Rigg & Lakyle Samuel. Lakyle is actually Captain apparently with Golding on the bench. Zach Abbott, Jayden Meghoma & Oboavwoduo return to the starting team.

Curd, Samuels-Smith & Lewis-Skelly the lads to start all three qualifiers.

I think he got booked for that. Hopefully they can appeal.

20. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #7995 Slater582, Oct 31, 2022
    Israel take the lead after half an hour. Based on the UEFA updates, game has been pretty even so far.

It is 1-0 Israel at Half Time. Rigg & Meghoma have been booked apparently.

So far this season, England U17 have kept two clean sheets (against Czech Republic & Faroe Islands) in their nine games. Unusual not to keep a clean sheet at this stage of qualifying.

21. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Not sure if it's a mistake by UEFA but Kiano Dyer is listed as being on the bench when he in fact should be suspended for accumulation of yellow cards, having been booked in both previous games.

If he is indeed on the bench then wouldn't that be a forefit loss for us?

22. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    UEFA website has Dyer replacing Jimoh in the second half.

I know the FA is not the most competent organisation but you'd think they could at least avoid mistakes like this. I'd hope it's just a forfeit (losing anyway) for this game rather than being disqualified from the next qualifying round.

23. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    #7998 ADM99, Oct 31, 2022
    It is indeed an error by UEFA, everything's fine :)

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    the UEFA website been really struggling with errors for the last month or so. Would take most thing from it with a pinch of salt considering they're just the obvious ones that i've noticed.

ADM99 repped this.