England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I presume this is a bit like how England's game went earlier.

2. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Just caught up with England result, horrendous decision by England Re selection of Musah and Sarmiento if there was doubts, you can’t make errors like that, hope all the good work from last year doesn’t go to waste!!

3. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    France won 4-2.

We now have to hope The Netherlands beat France (preferably by a few goals) and we beat Sweden by a considerable margin.

4. Why?

5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I can't comment on behalf of other posters but I'd guess that you would rest some players due to being already qualified.

6. Mwah, could be, but I guess the coach and the players want to test themselves against a team that is physically very strong to see how they match up. So my guess is that the Orange team will be as strong as possible against the French.

7. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    We certainly hope you win and win big!

8. :ROFLMAO: I hope it too. 10 goals win would be nice:D

David Hurford repped this.
  9. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Joe Hodge had a storming game for Ireland this evening. Shame he seemed to be doing so well for us before suddenly defecting last Autumn, any insights please Gavin Hodge? Does he just prefer the craic with the Irish lads?

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Things were going perfectly for this group even with the players missing there seemed like somebody to step in. Qualifiers did seem to take for ever to get them into serious football but they competed against some top teams to keep them going.

Can't say the situation has been ideal but it's so frustrating how things have gone for this group in the tournament and what it brings because of it (world cup).

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, I kind of had quite high hopes for this group, not saying they would win but certainly be up there but circumstances have ended up turning this year group into a bit of a mess to be honest. I still think many of this year group will have big careers ahead like Harwood-Bellis for example but can’t help but feel that they have been let down by Clubs not releasing players and our own FA on this occasion for reasons that have already been glossed over. I can only hope that by the time the U19 Euro’s arrive, they actually sort out all these registration issues!

12. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    It might be wishful thinking but Hodge, Elliott, Musah, Sarmiento, Cirkin and Carvahlo could have made a real difference.

13. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think a bunch of the teams are missing some top players (Ihattaren and Gravenberch for England for example).

I really liked what I saw from Noni Madueke though; nobody else impressed me overly much from England so far.

For those that have been watching these teams for a while who would you say are the most promising players (maybe top 10?) born '99 or later in the English system right now?

14. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Netherlands, presumably? Unless you know something I don't.

15. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Ihattaren and Gravenberch are eligible but were never going to play as they've been with the U19s for a while. They're really not 'missing' like some of our lot are.

16. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, sorry.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    In no particular order, I would probably go with something like this of the top of my head for players with the most potential:

Mount
    Sancho
    Hudson-Odoi
    James
    Foden
    Sessegnon
    Greenwood
    Nelson
    Gibbs-White
    Garner

I’m sure I’ve probably missed some obvious ones

Frysk Bloed repped this.
  18. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    The Netherlands have gone with a second string line-up against France, so I'm not sure how much we can rely on them.

19. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    England XI: Trafford; Robinson, Mengi, Roberts, Bondswell; Azeez, Weir; Madueke, Palmer, Rogers (c), Greenwood

20. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Strange that Lewis Bate still can't get a game.

Juni repped this.
  21. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    #7021 ADM99, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Sarmiento makes it onto the bench but still no Musah

22. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Or Ben Knight

23. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    France score after about 20 seconds.

24. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Not surprised at all by Bate.

Knight is very strange though.

Cooper gets a bit like this sometimes. I think he's potentially going to be good, but bringing Palmer in suddenly and making him first choice has been a bit odd. Same with Robinson at right back. A very England decision from recent tournaments at all age groups. Presumably he's in there cause he's versatile and he's suddenly ended up as the first choice right back. Too many examples of that in recent years.

25. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    2-0 to France. Looks like that's it.