England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    What's the story with Ellis Simms at Everton? 20 goals in the u18 league already this season! Has he played for England?

2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's a second-year and he's massive, a lot of his goals are men against boys stuff, but he came through at Man City and definitely has a lot of good striker skill-set things about him.

Tima repped this.
  3. Oggs

Oggs New Member

Arsenal
    England
    Oct 28, 2018
    Have not seen anything of Ben Elliott in these squads in recent times. Does anyone know what happened to him?

4. Tima

Tima Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Cambridge
    I'd agree with this. Reminds me a lot of Hallam Hope who was similarly prolific at youth level but lost his edge when going up against players equally as strong.

5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    David Hurford and TopBanana10 repped this.
  6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Anyone know the final score?

7. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    2-2 from a tweet I seen

TopBanana10 repped this.
  8. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Rogers with a goal

9. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    This side obviously gets rotated a lot but it seems to be a very talented group. Can anybody speculate what the best XI is?

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Game 2-2
    1-0 Woltemade
    1-1 Musah
    2-1 Tillman
    2-2 Rogers

England came back twice to draw the game.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Forgive my ignorance but just out of interest, who is Christopher Scott? Is he a dual qualified player with English/British/American roots?

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Loosely, my preference would be Moulden, Livramento, Harwood-Bellis, Mengi, Roberts, Hodge, Musah, Sarmiento, Elliott, Rogers, Greenwood.

But that assumes Hodge and Sarmiento see their futures with England. It also says something about the calibre of talent that you could easily put Gelhardt, Knight, Carvalho, Mighten or Wood-Gordon in without too much of a problem.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  14. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not a Madueke fan or just that his competitors are that much better?

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like him, I just like Musah more for that role really. Really like what Hodge can do at the base of a midfield three and think Sarmiento has game-changing abilities as a ten, so it's mostly about a preference for the 8, and Musah gets my nod.

TopBanana10 and IGSpur repped this.
  16. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I wanted to ask the same question. He looked superb when I saw him with england youth, in a age group that doesn't seem to have that many playmakers.

17. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You think Roberts is a better left back than Bondswell?

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Having seen quite a bit of Bondswell , I think he has one of the fastest accelerations I have seen with out and without the ball. Last season for our 18s I think he won about 3 penalties because of it.

Concerns. Size & bravery for competing aerially. He often played MF too as club were keeping options open.

Seems like it is going well at Leipzig.

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    From Germany game.

[​IMG]

Czech game about to kick-off

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  20. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    From previous games at other age groups, I recall the Czech FA website is often good for their coverage. Will have a look in a bit.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    David Hurford repped this.
  22. liamoo11

liamoo11 New Member

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    Nov 19, 2018
    I wonder if anyone has some clarity on young okoflex s eligibility for England. The home nations agreement quoted above should not be relevent I would have thought as we are not one of the home nations (n.i , england, scotland , wales). He was born in Dubllin and played in Dublin with st kevins until age 11 when he moved to UK. Does living in a country for 5 years make you eligible even if you are under 18? Clearly he is eligible as England would not have wasted time playing him otherwise but it is interesting.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    5 years of full time education prior to the age of 18 would make him eligible.

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah, the Home Nations Agreement can still govern his eligibility for England (a Home Nation, obvs) if he's been registered as a British citizen, which is perfectly possible. Then the HNA's requirement for five years of education kicks in, although I have a vague recollection that FIFA might previously have granted kids licences to play for a country's youth teams before they've fulfilled a residency requirement.

This is all assuming that he doesn't have an English-born parent or grandparent, of course. I don't know that he does, but I sort of doubt that the likes of Stephen Finn have had a chance to inspect his family tree very closely, so who knows.

25. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone seen a team sheet or pic from the Czech game? Curiously little info out there.