England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    seems as lot.

2. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Judging by players involved, bar Hayden, the likely candidates will be Brad Collins(GK); M Ali, Sammut, Solanke(MF); Tammy Abraham(winger) and maybe Scotty, Smith being outsiders to make it. Defender options like Jose Capita, Jake Clarke-Salter, Josh Debayo & Jay DaSilva('98) are not included due to already so many CB being in the actual list & I doubt England will select a ball-playing, slim defender like Jake & Jay, but still one might make it there. Jeremie is bent on France so not an option.

Edit: Might have missed & left 1-2 out there, off my head now. Will check later.

3. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How do you know that the defenders that have been picked already aren't ball playing, 'slim' defenders.

4. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Actually meant Jake, not those who are picked already. Jake C-S has a rather slim figure, given so many CB already being picked, there is a small chance that he'll make it in there.

5. facmember1

facmember1 New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Judging by the quality and strength that Jake Clarke salter has he will no dought be the number one defender he maybe slim and tall but very strong and capable

6. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You can add the following Chelsea boys to the list:-

Dominic Solanke (97 - Forward)
    Mukhtar Ali (97 - Midfielder)
    Isaac Christie-Davies (97 - Midfielder)
    Jake Clake-Salter (97 - Central Defender)
    Bradley Collins - (96/97 - Goal Keeper)

All the above are physically mature for their age and tall - I guess the England selection process will never change! England should be selecting technically gifted players who have the potential to grow in the sport from youth to adulthood. When will England acknowledge this and realise that it is the football being played in mainland Europe that is the future?

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Are you sure small players are penalised? There were four short arses playing in midfield last season for England u16s.

Like future England star Loftus-Cheek you can be tall and "technically gifted".

8. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't disagree with you on the point about being technically gifted regardless of physique, but I would question your presumption that Ruben Loftus-Cheek, as talented as he is, was the best prospect put forward by Chelsea for England selection from the boys they had in that year group - again his advantage at the time was his height and build?

9. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think that it is unfair to judge them untill we see how they play in an England shirt

10. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    up to 38 at the England U16 camp!
    excellent work all round for those digging in. exciting stuff :)

11. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Who are the little lads from Chelsea who desverved to be called up more than him?

12. facmember1

facmember1 New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am so happy for the boys they are so very very talented

13. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Well good that Jake got call up, surprised that there are so many defenders getting a look for the trials. Can't say I'm not surprised at Isaac C-D getting one, expected Sammut to make the cut. Still 6 players making it there, good:cool:

14. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011
  15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Isaiah Brown of West Brom who is in the Nordics squad is also a '97 born so would be in the 40-man squad.

Spoke to Charlton striker, Karlan Grant (good prospect), who missed out on the squad but said Joe Gomez the defender who was playing for Charlton 18s at 14 last season is in with a shout.

Trying to think of clubs who haven't had any players and could bring the remaining players.

Wolves, Villa (besides Crowley), Middlesbrough, Crewe, Charlton, Sunderland, Blackburn, Bolton, Norwich, Stoke, Reading, Derby, Southampton, Ipswich, Leeds (besides Cook), West Ham, Leicester, Watford could bring in the reamainder.

17. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Camp is from August 13-16

19. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Heard that 5 lads will be there from Chelsea. Surely that means no Aaron Hayden?
    So it's Warwick from August 13-16th then :rolleyes: Do they use volunteers for this, know coupla guys at Warwick .

BTW hearing that our u15-16s will be playing only 7 teams this season: Boro, wolves, city, united, palace, fulham, liverpool. No actual Arsenal fixture, other than arranged ones. Arsenal getting cat 2

20. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would be shocked if Arsenal didn't get Cat 1 but if we don't it would infuriate me as it's just typical of Arsenal not to get the right changes in place until it's too late.

21. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    One of our u16 players told me, that they might not be playing Arsenal this yr. Reckon it could be a case that Arsenal's cat status is not decided yet & so they don't know properly, and thought AFC not getting Cat 1 status?

22. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If we don't get Cat 1 we will fall even further behind. Major changes are needed already.

23. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From my reading of the categories, and from what I've heard, there is no real impact on a club from being in category 1 or 2. It's only from 3 that a club would be seriously impacted.

24. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011
  25. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC