England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Ruben is 97 born, probably September 26. Due to Mukhtar Ali & Dom Solanke, did not get playing time at the Nike UK qualifiers. But he's highly rated at the club. Rumor has it he's bound there till his 18th b'day.

One of the former Luton Town brothers, older one, was very impressive at leftback. But he's u14, 98 born. Might make it, who knows.

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Riley was in last years training camp, thought he was late '96 born. Travelled to Brazil I think it was with Man Utd 17s/18s last year. So interesting to see if he is '97.

Dean Henderson, the Man Utd keeper, won goalkeeper of tournament at Marveld so could also make it like you told me on twitter, mate.

3. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Appraently Tafari Moore (Right Back) should get a call up along with Denziel Boadu (Midfielder). Both from Arsenal.

4. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks Deano mate, was waiting for the Arsenal possibilities.

Also as M0O mentioned, other possibilities from Man Utd besides Mitchell are:

Dean Henderson - Goalkeeper
    Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - centre-back/defender

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not sure how he can know he's in the training squad yet when it isn't even finalised until next month.

6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    He is definitely in the training squad according to him. As you saw in the article and I saw his parents and they were all so proud of his achievement talking about how its been such a long journey from when he was 8 and all the trips to training and matches etc to get this point now.

All he has been told is that he is in training squad for August at SGP and they will get back to him later. All I can think of is that Forest have let him know while other clubs haven't let their players know yet. Would seem strange if the squad was only finalised next month when there has been no football for about 10 weeks for players at that level in England.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Clubs wont know yet I don't think. Not for certain anyway. They don't confirm the trial squad until July because of injuries/illness issues. He might have been told he's wanted through the grapevine so to speak I guess.

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    His mum has also put this up on facebook:

Sally Rabbit-Dalby
    Has to said, so so proud of my son Oliver "Twisty" 7 years of hard training at Nottingham Forest Football Academy, results in being selected for next seasons U16's England Squad;) Good Luck Oli, you deserve it xxxxxxxx

This is from a mother of fellow u15 squad member:
    hi sally,did you get my text,oli gave ash your number,tell him well done,only heard last night,he really deserves it wish him all the luck in the world,xxx

Oliver has also put it up on twitter:
    Just been called up for England trials OMG!

I have been picked for the England team u16 it isnt a trial for all you that are wondering sorry status is wrong!!

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  9. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    welcome back Barry! been quiet from you mate.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    :thumbsup: Very busy few days of late. Not had time for much internet use.

11. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As Dean mentioned Boadu and Moore are in and also George Dobson (cb).

12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    We have a few confirmed players...

Luke Amos - Tottenham u15/16

Then the two players Deano mentioned from Arsenal & another

Tafari Moore
    Denzeil Boadu
    George Dobson - Arsenal u14 centre-back

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    So what do we make of this Barry. Tottenham and Arsenal players now know.

Is it a case that the clubs know and are letting the players know in their own time?

Or

Haven't all the clubs been contacted by the FA yet ?

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not sure now. Obviously some club players know more and others are left in the dark. Can't recall it happening like this before. Especially the timing between some knowing and others not knowing. Bit of a mess.

I was told the list was knocked down to 40 in May but that it was still continuing. I guess they always had the names prepared but it's hard to figure out what has happened this year.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Exactly. The timing seems out. Ollie Burke seemed to know about a month ago.

I agree, in previous years we've had to wait until July to start getting some names.

Don't we wish we knew how this whole process was done the FA! :rolleyes:

16. tommyatkins78

tommyatkins78 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i was told kasey Palmer has been selected for the Nordics tournament but when i checked he hasn't?. he seems a real player , he played numerous games for the youth team and is an u15. His futures bright , he is one to keep an eye on!

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Foday Nabay confirms he's in the England U16 trial squad and also another Birmingham player Jordan Potter.

18. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Tosin Adarabioyo, Adam Robinson, Cameron Humphries of City

19. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ruben Sammut did play at the Nike Cup and was one of the best players on the pitch against Stoke and Celtic who Chelsea then met again in the final. Ruben is a 97 and probably one of best defensive midfielders in England for his age group. Chelsea 97s have a formidable midfield with the likes of Muktah Ali, Ruben Sammut and Jeremie Boga.

20. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Sammut was meant to play more, but Dom started in imp games ahead of him. Meant he was not a first choice starter in the first place. General lineup was w/o him due to Jeremie being the prime candidate. Scotty(blonde kid) also had to play left if I got it right, instead of a no 10 role.

21. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    here's where we're at England U16 camp wise:
    • Freddy Woodman – Newcastle
    • Aaron Hayden – Chelsea
    • Dan Crowley - Aston Villa
    • Foday Nabay – Birmingham City
    • Jordan Potter – Birmingham City
    • Sheyi Ojo – Liverpool
    • Jordan Rossiter Liverpool
    • Lewis Cook – Leeds United
    • Oliver (Olly) Burke – Nottingham Forest
    • Denzeil Boadu – Arsenal
    • Tafari Moore – Arsenal
    • George Dobson – Arsenal
    • Luke Amos – Tottenham Hotspur
    • Tosin Adarabioyo – Manchester City
    • Adam Robinson - Manchester City
    • Cameron Humphries – Manchester City
    • Joel Lumeya – Crystal Palace
    • Jahmal Munde – Crystal Palace
    • Mandela Egbo – Crystal Palace
    waiting on the United camp.

22. spal

spal Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Good to see more palace players in. Mandela Egbo is a right back and I think both Jahmal Mundle and Joel Lumeya are centre backs

23. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Chelsea team was much better balanced when Ruben played the holding mid role with Muktah and Jeremie. Kyle Scott was played out of position to accommodate Jeremie in many of games. The really odd thing about Chelsea's decision to play a completely different line up against Celtic in the final to the team that beat them in the group matches was that they did this to accommodate a poor performing Dominic Solanke? Also I'm surprised as yet there are not more of the Chelsea 97s included in your confirmed list for England U16 selection or even speculated on a few more given they have an unbelievably talented squad which has proven itself time and time again in the home league fixtures and tournaments abroad?

24. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The only reason there's not many Chelsea listed in the squad is that the boys don't know themselves yet (as far as I know anyway, if they do then they've not publicised it in the same way as those named above have), they expect to find out when they go back in July. There's definitely no shortage of contenders though.

25. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I've heard the same, asked Kyle, Ruben & Mukhtar, both said they'll know after returning for preseason. Although I think they do know, only not publicizing.

Bluesnews It is the case yeah, although I did not know Dom Solanke had performed badly. Kyle was playing left to accommodate Jeremie in midfield no 10 role(Jez captained so can see why). Ruben not playing much surprised me a lot too.