England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    #4126 e1oreman, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    There is a rumour that Ethan Nwaneri is leaving Arsenal and moving to a club up north. If he does, then he’ll likely sign his scholarship there next year.

Tommy85 repped this.
  2. kingeric07

kingeric07 Member

man united
    England
    May 31, 2018
    Which club is he moving too?

3. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Liverpool is the rumour but I haven't seen anything from anyone reputable. Just seems to be 'in the know' speak at the moment, which is more often that not wrong.

4. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Apparently Jayden Meghoma, Spurs U16 LB, is close to signing for Manchester United.

5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    1539883468301164544 is not a valid tweet id

6. Deno

Deno New Member

May 16, 2021
    Hi guys, I've got a question. Hopefully, someone on this forum can help me with this question. U16 is a determining year for all football players, as they are on the verge of going full time. My question is to do with this. I know that young players (U14/U15) do commit themselves to pre-scholarships and pre-professional contracts. Is it possible that before they even start their scholarship campaign that they can opt of their commitment?

For example, an U15 Chelsea academy player signs a deal that gives a scholarship, and a professional contract, meaning he will stay at the club for 4 more years/seasons... let's say he wants to leave or Man City want to sign him as a scholar before he starts full time. Is that possible for that happen?

(I have a good feeling that the answer is yes, and compensation will be involved to be paid. Sometimes a tribunal, but I'm not sure). I'd like confirmation and clarification if I'm right but correction if I'm wrong. Thanks :)

7. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tyler Dibling seems to be heading to Newcastle.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  9. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    1541777332620476416 is not a valid tweet id

10. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I guess the money is there short term but in development stakes this would seem an awful move. Will take Newcastle a few years to get their academy up to standard (if they even try) and in the mean time they will be buying players like no tomorrow trying to break into the upper tiers leaving no route for the youth players. I guess for now they'll focus on what Chelsea and City did and just bring in a bunch of youth players for artificial youth success while they try and develop their own system - didn't do the players who made those moves much good though in their careers.

At least nowadays if you move to City or Chelsea you're joining an elite set up, albeit one with very little chance of a pathway to first team football.

11. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Through for Chelsea in particular Cobham Training is starting to become like having a degree from Oxbridge in terms of opening doors at other clubs for first team places when it’s time to leave.

I imagine they will want to improve their academy as it brings many benefits.

12. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    It is now but it takes a good few years to overhaul an academy and get it up to standard, and thats if significant effort and expertise is put into it.

Newcastle's academy hasn't exactly been prolific in a long time despite a massive catchment area and historical hotspot of quality youth clubs so i'd question how useful they are for developing anyone right now. Maybe in 5, 6 years it'll be a different story.

13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Probably not great, I remember reading in the Athletic Chelsea have deals with youth clubs in the north east as well and invested in a scouting network there and I imagine the other big clubs are doing the same.

14. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Confirmation of Lovelace's move to Rangers. They've also just signed Cameron Bell from Everton & Archie Stevens from Wimbledon, so they're being very proactive in the English market.

15. Tommy85

Tommy85 New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Apparently they can sign a pro form at 16 in Scotland.

16. Tommy85

Tommy85 New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Ishe Samuels-Smith is included in Everton’s updated u18 squad , along with other new Scholars. There’s no Emilio Lawrence though. They are often slow in releasing an “ official” statement on new Scholars.

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ISS was confirmed to stay, Lawrence also tweeted his farewell tonight.

Southampton announced their scholars and Dibling wasn't among them.

18. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018

19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  20. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018
  21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

Spurs losing players again at this stage but Southampton with a bolter x 2 here.

22. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    €1m? Wouldn't the compensation be quite a bit lower than that?

23. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I think if Spurs offered them scholarships, it would go to a tribunal wouldn't it?

24. rutters

rutters Member

Sep 17, 2018

I'm not sure that this is some fixed tariff, but more like a guideline figure.

25. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Two away games against Italy coming up. 23rd & 25th August.