England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Brazil drew 2-2 against The Netherlands in the other game with both goals scored by Endrick.

Means we're level on points with them but they've got the superior GD (assuming it stays 3-0) so we'd need a win to top the group.

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Did anyone manage to watch the game v The Netherlands? I started to watch it but could only watch the first 15 mins but planned to watch it at a later time but obviously can’t now. Can anyone comment on how they played?

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And that's how it finishes.

4. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Haven't found a team sheet yet, annoyingly.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  6. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    1.Ted Curd (75’-13. Samuel Proctor), 12.Wellity Omoruyi (75’-2. Joshua Acheampong), 16.Travis Akomeah (64’-3. Jayden Meghoma), 5.Lakyle Samuel (51’- 15. Zach Abbott), 20.Waylon Renecke, 4.Michael Golding (75’-18. Daniel Rigge), 8.Archie Gray (51’- 6.Isaiah Dada-Mascoll), 17.Oliver Irow (51’- 11. Samuel Amo-Ameyaw), 10.Kiano Dyer (64’-9. Jimmy Jay Morgan), 19.Ethan Nwaneri, 14.Justin Oboavwoduo (75’-7. Tyrique George)

Goalscorers:

12’-10.Kiano Dyer

34’-17.Oliver Irow

70’-19.Ethan Nwaneri (assist Jimmy Jay Morgan)

7. ATRS

ATRS Member

Arsenal
    Apr 26, 2021
    Netherlands Game:
    1.Ted Curd,2.Josh Acheampong,3.Jayden Meghoma,5.Lakyle Samuel,6.Isaiah Dada-Mascoll,7.Tyrique George,8.Archie Gray,9.Jimmy Jay Morgan,11. Samuel Amo-Ameyaw,15.Zach Abbott,18.Daniel Rigge

Аlso from this video is visible 4.Michael Golding, 14.Justin Oboavwoduo, 19.Ethan Nwaneri were involved

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Losing 3-0 late on against Brazil.

9. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Endrick scored 1 for Brazil, Luis Guilherme scored the other 2.

10. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Brazil therefore will face Argentina in the final on Monday

11. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Final game is against Portugal in the 3rd/4th place play-off. Will be streamed.

12. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #4112 Slater582, Apr 17, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    I saw the first hour. If I'd known they were going to remove the games so swiftly I'd have watched the whole match.:mad: Unfortunately England looked second best, I agree with the Dutch report, majority of the game was played in our half and the lads eventually resorted to (long balls) direct play.:(

They were better against Mexico although I felt we had a noticeable physical advantage in that game. Golding & Gray are an interesting partnership in what is usually a difficult area for England. Also I think they were right to promote Nwaneri, even playing up a year he still looks one of the players with highest potential.

Overall I expected third in the group but the Dutch ended up drawing all their fixtures so we got runners up in the end.:unsure:

Both talented squads. The next U17 World Cup is being staged in South America and wouldn't be surprised if either of those teams were champions. As I recall Argentina won Montaigu last time it was held pre-Covid.

I noticed they've changed it now.:D

13. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    1-0 Portugal at HT. Akomeah had a huge chance to make it 1-1.

14. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    1-1. Deserved goal as we've dominated the second half so far. Really good work from Irow & then Dyer who draws a penalty. Irow then scores it.

15. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Brilliant penalty save from Proctor.

16. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Finishes 1-1. They played some excellent stuff in the second half but Portugal still managed to have the better chances, missing a penalty & hitting the bar.

Will go to penalties now & of course we beat them on pens just a couple of months ago, so hoping for a repeat.

17. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    England win on penalties & finish 3rd. Proctor saved two of Portugal's three penalties in addition to the one in normal time.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Only saw the last 15 mins and the pens which we won but did something happen with our keeper as he seemed to have a bit of attitude during that shoot out? Isn’t really a good look unless I missed something?

19. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Over the course of the 4 games, Ethan Nwaneri has really been impressive, in my opinion anyway while playing a year up. Really hope Arsenal or wherever he ends up for his scholarship can manage his development well.

20. e1oreman

e1oreman Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Also liked the look of Wellity Omoruyi and Sam Amo-Ameyaw.

21. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #4121 Slater582, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    If they're going to play Dada-Mascoll in future I hope it is in defence, passing seemed a bit limited for a midfielder.

Proctor put the saves on his Instagram. England also finished third on the last two occasions they participated at Montaigu in 2018 & 2019 prior to the pandemic. Perhaps the bronze medals are in the red bag at approx 19:40 on the awards video.:laugh:

I have the impression goalkeepers trying to unsettle the penalty taker in shootouts is increasing and it's one of those things I reckon the authorities should pay more attention to. At least there wasn't a brawl like we saw in the Argentina/Brazil final.:eek:

I liked the look of the goalkeepers. Not usually a position of strength for England but Curd & Proctor have looked promising plus I thought Finlay Herrick had a good game against Portugal in his solitary cap. Tommy Setford is already playing a year up. Pity December born Jack Thompson couldn't have been born a month later, although I don't know how good the 2007 goalkeepers are.:cautious:

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  22. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thompson was with the squad in Montaigu, even if he didn't play.

23. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019

Tyler Dibling has just scored a first-half hat-trick for Southampton's U23s against Newcastle. Jimmy Morgan is also starting the game.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  24. Calculator

Calculator Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Surely would be lots of hype around him if Southampton football club did not confuse its youth setup with a secret service agency

25. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was on their first team bench today.