England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #3726 Juni, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    18. Mubama, scored a goal too.

2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Setford, Norton-Cuffy, Awe, Hughes, Chrisene, Gyabi, Webster, Collyer, Gordon, Mubama, Soonsup-Bell was the team, according to TSS.

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. Charlie Setford
    2. Brooke Norton-Cuffy
    3. Jordan Hackett
    4. Sonny Perkins
    5. Brodi Hughes
    6. Darko Gyabi
    7. Kian Pennant
    9. Jude Soonsup-Bell
    10. Jamie Bynoe-Gittens
    11. Ben Chrisene
    14. Lewis Hall
    16. Kaide Gordon
    18. Divin Mubama
    19. Daniel Kavanagh
    22. James Beadle

Toby Collyer
    Charlie Webster
    Zach Awe
    Kaden Rodney?
    Victor Akinwale?

Crvena Zvezda repped this.
  4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    8. Webster
    12. Kain Ryan
    13. Arron Maguire
    15. Rico Lewis
    17. Tobias Collyer
    20. Awe

Juni repped this.
  5. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good stuff, so just 21 needed.

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Turns out there was no 21 on the team sheet. Beadle wasn't on it either but will have had a shirt as the third goalkeeper.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Currently winning 3-1 against the USA, no idea how long left or the goal scorers.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  10. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sonny Perkins somehow scored a hat-trick and Kian Pennant got one. All via TSS again.

11. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    3-1 win over Spain and thus we win the tournament. Soonsup-Bell hat-trick, slightly more conventional scorer of one than Perkins.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  12. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Is this roughly the best squad? Setford, Norton-Cuffy, Brodi Hughes, Hackett, Gyabi (skipper against Spain), Webster & Soonsup-Bell all started again today. I don't follow youth (club) football enough to know if Whitworth, Mabaya, that center back from Forest, Weston, Devine, Ali Cho (eligible?:confused:), Shoretire are unavailable or just have fallen out of favour.

Stefan Parkes captained them at under15 level but no longer gets picked. Hackett is there but Spurs youth followers also rate Bryan-Waugh & Scarlett. Omari Forson left the club but I was told he's one of the best talents in the country. The FA selectors try and cast the net widely though.

Results for this 2004 year group at Under 16 level seem more encouraging than at the U15 Torneo Delle Nazioni which seemed a bit of a nightmare. Think they've only lost to Mexico. Be interesting to see how they do against Portugal & Brazil at Montaigu.

13. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    I think Shoretire's non-inclusion as of late is potentially due to him being so heavily involved with United's U18s. He's pretty much the only player in this group (at Cat 1 level anyway) who's starting regularly in the U18 PL. Fairly sure he'll be involved going forward.

14. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Cancelled due to Coronavirus. Real shame, one of my favourite international tournaments.

15. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Assume there's a good chance the U15 Torneo Delle Nazioni will go the same way.

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I saw the game you guys played against the USA. I thought the English team was very good. They looked much better than what I had seen of the Spanish team at the same tournament. The English players were more skilled, creative and just as technical as the Spanish players. They also played at a very fast pace and outclassed the American defenders.

I didn’t watch out for who the best English players were because I was watching the American players, but Jamie Bynoe-Gittens was a huge standout. He completely dominated with his dribbling skills. Jordan Hackett was the only other English player I thought was notably very good, but the whole England midfield and forwards were extremely good. I couldn’t give a more in-depth report than that, but I thought England looked a class or two above the American team.

IGSpur, ChristianSur, Jenks and 2 others repped this.
  17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mohamed Ali Cho has left Everton for Angers. Won't ever see him in an England shirt again, weird one.

18. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    https://theathletic.co.uk/1935897/2...hettino-eze-qpr-monaco-warnock-middlesbrough/

Mourinho beats Leeds and Celtic to sign ‘top-class’ Wigan midfielder Devine

Tottenham have now completed the signing of Wigan’s 15-year-old midfielder Alfie Devine. The teenager completed a medical at the club’s training base and signed terms over the weekend. Devine was previously released by Liverpool at the age of 11 but Tottenham have monitored his development closely over the past 12 months.

Chief scout Brian Carey led the pursuit on a deal where the groundwork long preceded Wigan’s sudden collapse into administration. The move was rubber-stamped by Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho and Devine will move into digs in north London. Tottenham beat off sustained interest from Leeds United and Celtic to secure Devine, while Rangers, Brighton, West Ham and Chelsea also monitored the teenager.

The player formed part of the Wigan FA Youth Cup side that defeated Spurs 2-0 this season and he has represented the club’s U23 side. Jamie Carragher, whose own son plays in the Wigan academy, described Devine as “top class” on Twitter and said he was “just gutted Wigan couldn’t keep hold of him after the great work they’ve put into developing him.”

19. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I saw him play against Spain for England U16s. Best player on the park.

20. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not a fan of all these Wigan prospects ending up at clubs with a much harder pathway.

IGSpur repped this.
  21. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Agree. I don't really want him at ours for that reason.

He is a good replacement for Forson, though they're different players, but I just don't have any faith that we'll bring players through.

In saying that though, form the little I've seen of him, i.e the Japan game he at least looks like the type of player Mourinho would bring through if he was to bring any academy player through. Loves to get around the pitch, put his foot in and can play a pass. Whereas I don't think he'd ever dare try to bring a player like Forson through. But I also don't think Mourinho will be here that long for this all to matter

22. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019

Jenks repped this.
  23. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
  24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    George Abbott from Watford is in the squad. He has previously been with Wales where he captained the '05 group & then played up with the '04s.

Habeeb Ogunneye (Man United) is also in.

25. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zion Atta from Palace too.