England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Somewhere out there there's a couple that decided to name their black son Darko.

3. markdavies17

markdavies17 Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not funny, quite ignorant also. He’s of Ghanaian origin and it’s a common name for Ghanaians. Do better

4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Actually I did my research pre-quip. It is not a common first name for Ghanaians, but it is an Ashanti surname. It's a Slavic first name.

Aaaah ha ha ha.

5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    You’re a barrel of laughs. Maybe they’re just massive Jake Gyllenhal fans.

6. markdavies17

markdavies17 Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It actually gets worse. Do better mate

7. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    George Chmiel (Blackburn) called up to Poland u16 squad for two games with turkey in September. Syrenka cup starts over there today for u17s as well. England involved.

8. dakid

dakid Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What type of injury did he suffer? I notice he wasnt listed in the second teamsheet posted.

9. Sensanetional

Sensanetional Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Bynoe-Gittens with a U18s debut to remember, scoring against Liverpool.

David Hurford repped this.
  10. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Just watched a feisty u16 game in premier league cup between Blackburn and Chelsea. Blackburn ran out 4-2 winners. 3 sending offs in game 15 mins from time after some aggro.

Chelsea u18s won 2-0 in same competition

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I see Blackburn are 17 unbeaten at that level now? Impressive.

Who got sent off from Chelsea? I know Sam Iling scored before he and Harvey Vale went over and came on for the 18s

12. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Decent set of lads. Work hard and can play. They can mix it. Can be nasty when needed. Got good team spirit. Don’t know any of Chelsea lads as first time seen them. First 20 mins should been 3-0 to Blackburn.
    The scorers for Blackburn were Wharton, Leonard, Chmiel x 2.

13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If you remember the number I might have an idea, but not important in general.

14. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Number 4 the centre half.

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Luke Badley-Morgan, thanks.

16. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    The scorers for Chelsea were number 4 from a corner and no 10 with an absolute cracking left foot free kick.

Blackburn were 2-0 up should have been 3-0 as rovers missed glorious opportunity. Then Chelsea got level before half time with two. Blackburn got back on front then their was the handbags and 3 players sent off before Blackburn sealed it late on. Blackburn the better side on the day. I think surprised Chelsea especially first 20 mins they were like rabbits caught in headlights.

17. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    The number 10 if was Sam Iling played full game for 16s

18. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    He was left footed as well

19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah it was Sam.

20. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Chelsea had some big physically more developed lads compared to some of Blackburn. The number 8 looked like he could be decent on his day. Don’t know name. The number 9 Jude was kept pretty quiet by the two centre halves and to be fair not much service and had to battle with two physical centre halves. Chelsea tried too many long raking passes at times which surprised me. Was expecting them to be more careful in possession. They seemed to struggle with being pressed. Do teams down south generally set up against them with two banks of five and try and counter them?? I obviously don’t know there general results and what they compare to other teams in and around London. Blackburn have arsenal away next game. Does anyone know how there game with wolves went???

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The 8 was probably Charlie Webster, easy on the eye style, curly hair.

I don't think Wolves/Arsenal happened at U16 level this weekend, Arsenal seemed to be playing Brighton's 16s.

22. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Yeah that’s him mate. He won player of tournament when Chelsea won Kevin de Bruyne tournament. Was good battle and contrast of styles between the two number 8s him and charlie Weston.

I think wolves Arsenal was played last week and arsenal won 1-0 so be tough game for Blackburn some there in October.

23. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Decent hit to be fair to the lad. Blackburn were giving far too many free kicks away in dangerous areas and was only matter of time before they got punished.

I noticed against Poland in syrenka cup
    He played left side in this game he played number 10. Is that the position he generally plays for his club.

Chmiel who grabbed the 3rd and 4th for Blackburn called up to Poland again to play Northern Ireland twice in Belfast in two weeks. He scored on his debut v turkey the other week in 1-0 win for Poland. He was Blackburn’s u15 in the game. Looking at Chelsea bench looks like had a couple of 15s.

Harry Leonard scored again with good header. Before that he went round keeper as well but mishit the finish and defender cleared off the line.

25. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sam usually plays as a forward for the 16s but has been a left wing back when he's stepped up to the 18s. He's generally too good for 16s and so when he is down at that level they put him in positions where he can do the most damage.