England tickets for WC2006

Discussion in 'England' started by comme, Nov 9, 2004.

1. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Can anyone tell me what the chances of getting tickets for the WC are if you a member of the supporters club?

For Euro 2004 I just bought random tickets and was lucky to get them for England games, but the WC has twice as many games so half the chance of getting lucky.

2. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    If you're in the supporters club you've got a decent chance of getting a ticket for at least one England game.

Be warned, though - my brother had tickets allocated in WC 98 and Euro 2000 but they were for the knockout stages. Since we failed to get past Argentina in 98 and failed to get out of the group in 2000, he didn't get to see England in either tournament.

However I think you've got a fairly good chance of getting tickets. Obviously your chances increase massively if you go to the away qualifiers (of which Poland, Austria & Azerbaijan have already been played - and I doubt you'll have much chance of getting official tickets for the Wales & N.Ireland matches).

And I believe that the FA still allocate a sizeable portion of tickets in a ballot, so even if you haven't been to any of the qualifiers you're still in with a chance of a ticket.

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Cheers Mobile. The supporters group is not letting anyone in until January (I almost lost my tickets for the Wales game because of that). I'm intending to go to both N. Ireland and Wales away but don't hold out much hope for either through the official channels.

I'll try the FIFA follow my team as well as direct from the FA and might try the blanket-buying approach again as well (I can always flog them off later).

4. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Best of luck.

Bear in mind that you'll certainly be able to get tickets from touts ahead of individual games anyway - it just depends on how much you're willing to pay ;)

5. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Sadly with the support that England have its always ridiculous prices for games in the championships. When I was in Portugal I heard touts wanting (or at least asking for) £500 for England-Portugal tickets although i think £300 was more likely. Imagine how much tickets would be if England got to the WC final.

6. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Tickets don't go on sale until December 2005 and the only way you'll probably get them is via the supporter's club and then you'll have to go into a draw!

If you buy them off touts, you could well be in the wrong end of the ground, with the opposition :(

7. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Yeah, I had touts offering me £300 for my England-France ticket before the game.

Having said that, my mates got 4 tickets for £100 each for the England-Portugal quarterfinal. So sometimes you just get lucky.

8. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I bet you were annoyed you didn't take the money after the game, eh Mobile!

9. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    :)

To be honest I was too gutted to even think about it! I remember sitting in the car park after the game drinking a beer and wondering what in god's name had just happened.

This woman reporter from Portuguese TV came up to us and asked if she could interview us. I couldn't be arsed but my mate said OK. The first question she came up with was "Did you find it hard to go for the whole game without any alcohol?" !!

Shows what they think of England fans abroad I suppose......

10. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It isn't surprising really. The media does like to pick on us, and blow any little incident up in to a massive thing.

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

The ones off FIFA are out in February 2005. I don't know about the FA.