England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Ian Darke bought into the Future Senior England International meme on BT Sports tonight. Curtis Jones ran the show in a 5-1 away win over Porto.

roverman repped this.
  2. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Is Trippier injured?

3. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    White and Tomori. Not Konsa or Hause.

roverman repped this.
  4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    One thing I’d like to see more of from Foden is taking the game by the scruff of the neck. It’s a bit of an old cliche but sometimes he plays within himself and seems like he’s leaving it for Mahrez or De Bruyne to do something special.

5. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    I don't think so, I think he just came off for a more offensive option as AC Milan were down to 10.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Made no sense taking off grealish for foden. Grealish is better at riding challenges. Grealish wasn't at his best but he still offered a threat

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s a talent but still reminds me of a kid playing aimless football in the school yard

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’m biased but even though he didn’t score or make an assist I still felt Grealish was their best and most effective player .

They doubled up all night sometimes there were three on him when Veratti was there .

Grealish got kicked and barged all evening but the ref gave him absolutely nothing

Maybe Pep saved him for Liverpool on Sunday

roverman repped this.
  9. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Not calling Chilwell up would be better. He might be an important player for us going forward and is easily our second best LB.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If Southgate includes a few of the players that are injury doubts then the common sense thing to do would be to have a larger Squad but we will see very soon.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    According to Matt Law, it seems Tomori is in the squad.

roverman repped this.
  12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
  14. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Is Bellingham injured?

15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    No. Southgate says he's had conversations with Bellingham and left him out because he's concerned about overloading him. Says he'd have picked him if it was purely on merit but mentioned his heavy schedule etc.

ADM99 repped this.
  16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It’s apparently the same with Greenwood also.

17. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Fair enough.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Southgate also said that Reece James and Mount could be fit and available for Chelsea this weekend and also Shaw had a illness as to why he was missing for Utd.

19. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I would have called up White instead of either Coady or Tomori, he is a rare piece of English CB made for international football.
    This selection a bit underwhelming, I would have liked to see some new faces, but we all know Southgate, so no surprises here.

roverman repped this.
  20. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Yeah was going to say the same thing. Quite underwhelming to say the least. Happy for tomori but would have liked to see Abraham and a couple of other new faces. Don't think Watkins has scored yet this season has he?

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Great ... Kane , Sancho and Sterling who are all way out of form - Stones in yet not playing for City yet .. no Chilwell !!!

What the hell has he done to deserve this outrageous treatment by club and country ?

He was brilliant last season and in the CL final

It’s baffling .. there must be something serious that we don’t know about

roverman repped this.
  22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Usual names boring. Tomori is a good call up but just so many baffling picks.

23. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    So many baffling picks?! I can only think of Ben White who can feel hard done by. Perhaps Abraham?

AJ123 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Baffling in that hes rested Bellingham even though he has the fitness to play more games. Picking the same old players. No Abraham. No chilwell. Stones isn't fit.

25. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Bellingham is 18 and has played 100 games in his career already. I don't see anything wrong with giving him a break whilst he's still growing. Same for Greenwood who's playing 50 games as a season and still growing. Tuchel says that Chilwell has been struggling since the Euro so that might be why he's not selected. I would of thought that you'd be happy to cap tie Watkins as well!?