England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    He’s got PSG and Liverpool before the international break. I reckon he starts one of those games and probably scores in one too.
    He had a rest during the Euros and last international break. Not sure how many times Sollsjaer can play that card (probably shouldn’t even be paying attention to the Daily Mail though.)

roverman repped this.
  2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, was going suggest the source but didn’t want to get drawn into a media/political game if you know what I mean :ninja:

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes nearly 20. I think hes old enough to get over something that happened a year ago

4. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    It was reported at the first break that he'd miss this break too. I wouldn't get too excited about him being in the squad. Lots of injuries for us and it looks like a lot of our players have a bit of a hangover from the summer. I can't think of too many fringe players really pushing for a place in the squad either, Tomori and Abraham maybe. We're not in the best positions going into these fixtures.

5. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Fortunately the fixtures are in our favour. Andorra away and Hungary at home should be six points even with only half of our first team. 4 points wouldn't be a bad return, and still leaves everything in our own hands.
    If we assume we will win away to Andorra and San Marino, we only need two points from Hungary and Albania at home.

AJ123 and roverman repped this.
  6. Oxford Tom

Oxford Tom Member

Oxford United
    England
    May 13, 2019
    Really am a big fan of Emile Smith Rowe. Will be very hard to force his way into the squad, but he looks a great prospect. Reminds me a bit of Grealish.

7. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Yeah massive fan of him. Considering he's had to change positions to cater for odegarrd, he's been running the show for arsenal today. 1 goal and 2 assists so he's played a role in every goal.

roverman repped this.
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Smith rowe is miles ahead of Graelish at he same age

hopefully he keeps going

roverman repped this.
  9. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Theres no media clammer about him like there was for Grealish at that age. I feel like he's staying under the radar just going about his business and putting in some very good shifts too.
    The day will come when he gets picked for England and the media will be all over him, but for now, I'm just glad he's able to flourish without any pressure.

thebigman repped this.
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Good to see ramsdale doing well. White and ramsdale both look good at this level.

Iansutton270390 repped this.
  11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I see ESR as more of a Mount type player than Grealish.

TitoTata and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. PoliteSquats

PoliteSquats Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I can see him getting more caps than Maddison/other AMs for this very reason.

13. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    On a side note, what has happened to Maddison? I don't think he's ever looked so far away from a call up since he came to the prem.
    Grealish has left him behind.

roverman repped this.
  14. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #1014 Slater582, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    The last time England were third in the Fifa world rankings was 2012. Never been in the (male) top two.

England are ranked sixth in the Elo ratings & fifth according to Gracenote which is owned by the data company Nielsen. In fact if you check you'll see that Elo/Gracenote currently have an almost identical top 10.

Would you select Ramsdale? Unlike Henderson he's actually playing for his club and seems to have made a good start at Arsenal.

TopBanana10 and roverman repped this.
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’d say Grealish has nailed down that left-forward position for both ManC and England now .

Iansutton270390 repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Agreed ... Tony Adams compaired his tough first touch and vision with a young Bergkamp today !

roverman repped this.
  17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We have some great prospects on the cusp now .. with Harvey Barnes , Emile Smith Rowe and Burnley’s Dwight McNeil close to contention

hussar repped this.
  18. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    So pleased for Ramsdale being appreciated for Arsenal fans, especially since he got so much abuse when he joined.

hussar and roverman repped this.
  19. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Would anyone pick esr as a wildcard for next week's squad? A few regulars are injured or out of form. Got nothing to lose have we?

roverman repped this.
  20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I doubt he will be included yet in my opinion but then again, I’ve lost track of who’s out injured or a doubt for when the squad is named on Thursday but feels like there could be quite few out. Then again on current form he’s playing better then Sancho so who knows.

roverman repped this.
  21. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    It seems like a long shot but he's as good as anyone we have at the moment. Every time I watch him, hes one of the best players on the pitch. Links well with tierney on the left too. Would be good with Shaw or Chilwell.

22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    My wildcards tomori Abraham Greenwood maybe madueke

23. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    no point he's not one of the chosen men so wouldn't get a look in, better to let him play for the U21s

24. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I would mate… I think he impressed at the Euros with his attitude.

25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    So from having only pickford we have a few decent keepers now. Pickford ramsdale Henderson Pope and Johnstone. Pickford is still clear by some way though