England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    The jocks are always whinging that tuchel never plays gilmour. Why would he? Hes done ok in a couple of cup games. Hes not going to be ahead of Kante or jorghino. At least he has put alot of faith in mount. Plus there's james and odoi. If a player is good enough to start games he will. Gilmour is light years behind Phil foden

2. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Probably because he's the only decent player they have. He's a good player but nowhere near the quality of champions league clubs. Maybe Burnley, Leeds or Everton type player.

roverman repped this.
  3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I actually rate him very highly. I wish we had a CM like him coming through.

saj7866 and Slater582 repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes a better version of Harry winks. Hes not top class

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Think he's a lot better than you're making out, although "a better version of Winks" sounds alright to me anyway.

Jenks and roverman repped this.
  6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    He’s just trying to pick a straw man argument with rival fans. Same as usual

7. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Not sure how it’s ‘baffling.’ He’s our 5th or 6th best RB/RWB by my reckoning.

8. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Is he though? Walker is in and out the man City team. Same with James at Chelsea. Justin is injured. Taa is having a bad season at Liverpool. AWB is a mainstay in that United team who have had a decent season.

9. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    there is no timeline for Maddison's recovery its just a wait and seen when the inflammation calms down

10. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Yes I think Odoi has got more chance of getting picked at wingback than AWB.

roverman repped this.
  11. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    "Everton type Player" Cheeky F**ker ;)

12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He would get into England's midfield. Only because our midfield options are poor. But hes not a Messiah. Hes a million miles off fodens level

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    For anyone interested, the boss ( not Bruce Springsteen ) is on TalkSPORT on Tuesday morning with Laura Woods and Ally McCoist. Could be worth a listen, he’s on for an hour.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  14. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Because slagging off the opposition can never blow up in your face.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  15. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Again, it’s just stupid to slag off the opposition. Southgate and the players don’t do it.

16. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Build them up and knock them down.

roverman repped this.
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Don't deny it. This is my opinion but I really don't rate Robertson. Hes great at getting up and down the line and puts in crosses but technically hes very poor and defensively suspect. Tierney has done well at arsenal and he would be a good squad player for us. But none of them would be regulars in the England team. Perhaps gilmour if we can't find a midfileder that can link defence and attack

18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    How about saying we’re ahead of these teams when we’ve actually beaten them. Last time I looked Holland knocked us out of a tournament semi final after two of our defenders crapped the bed.

W.A.S.P., saj7866 and RobTheFool repped this.
  19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I don't slag off opposition very often. I hold my hands up when i see a good player that I didn't rate before. I admitted mbappe was becoming world class after he I initially said he was overrated. The dutch game wasn't a true reflection of our capabilities. We had players missing. Kane was half fit. We had a good goal disallowed. And lost to two stupid defensive mistakes. Its not like the dutch were superior

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I wrote that 2 years ago

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Maybe Rover will learn from past mistakes of being too over confident.......time will tell but I somewhat doubt it and when it comes to our group games, the underestimating of our opponents and overestimating of ourselves will be in full swing.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm hoping we lose against Croatia so we finish second. Avoid the group of death. We should win the group but I won't take anything for granted. Why should we big up the opposition. We have far better talent than anyone else in the group. But with southgate's tactics anything is possible

23. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Southgate is the best manager that we’ve had for ages.

Agree about hoping to finish second though. It’s not pessimism it’s just being pragmatic. Why play France, Germany or Portugal if you can avoid it?

roverman repped this.
  24. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Robertson is the best LB in the world. If you made a world XI it would have at least one Scottish player in it, and zero English players.

25. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Why are you quoting really old quotes from all of us? Can't believe youve taken the time to scan through old posts from 2 years ago just to reignite an argument.

roverman repped this.